PDA

View Full Version : My friends are having troubles this week... :(

CathyBogart
01-21-2005, 01:12 PM
MY life is going all right right now, but several of my friends are having some really rough times right now, and it's getting me down, seeing how hard it's been for the two of them.

One of them (he works with my boyfriend) went on a four-day vacation and came home to find his husband in their house dead from an overdose two or three days beforehand. Police and FBI showed up at his house, and he was arrested. He has since been released, but....I can't even imagine what that feels like. He's young, maybe late 20's early 30's. Last I heard his husband's parents were on their way out here on a road trip and weren't aware of their son's death yet.

The other is getting ready to move. As long as I've known him, he has loathed his father. The man is a stereotypical racist redneck who sired two children from a woman from Thailand....and insists to both of them that they are as white as he is, despite the fact that they both LOOK Thai. He has had to accept monetary help from his father to move, and the man is putting him through school in the place he's moving to.

That combined with him being terrified to move to a new state by himself (Him and his sister have always stuck together) and being sh*t on constantly at the apartment he's in (He pays most of the rent, does all of the cleaning, and works full-time, then can't get any sleep because the resident freeloader is up all night and his sister never learned how to do things around the house) and he's really burnt out. He started talking about suicide a few days ago, and it terrifies me.

Yesterday he wrecked his car on his lunch break. It was his fault. He is supposed to be taking a road trip to Utah soon, to pick up the rest of his stuff from last time he moved, then drive himself and his stuff to Arizona. This means he is going to have to call his father and ask for more money, and I'm really afraid that it's going to make things worse for him emotionally...a lot worse. I'm dragging his butt out of his house tonight, taking him over to BBQ and hot-tub and hopefully just...forget about stuff, for awhile. But I don't know what else I can do for him.

Anyways, sorry to unload that on you guys, I really needed to write it down...

PJ's Mom
01-21-2005, 01:17 PM
It sounds like you are a really good friend. :)

Karen
01-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Rough times for both of them, you are a good friend for caring. They'll be in my prayers.

Tonya
01-21-2005, 02:36 PM
I hope that things look up for your friends. It is great that they have someone like you by their side.

cloverfdx
01-21-2005, 08:34 PM
How sad :(. You sound like a great friend, just being there will be helpful. I am sorry that all involved are going through hard times at the moment.

{{Hugs}}

ramanth
01-24-2005, 10:38 AM
How sad for your friends. :( I hope things settle down for them both.