PDA

View Full Version : *cry* *cry* *cry*

shutterbug0303
01-21-2005, 12:17 PM
I know so many people right now are having some difficult times. I'm so sorry to have to add...

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I wish I could explain everything right now, but you guys are the only ones I can turn to. I desperately need a shoulder to cry on. I'm coming so close to the day that my dad died one year ago. I feel like there is no-one in the world I can turn to. It just seems like after one year, I'm supposed to be "over" this, in a sense...time to move on and not cry anymore. I haven't even started to come to grips with it yet, let alone get over it. Oh, I just wish I could take my girls and disappear! They are great for hugging and talking to...but right now, its just not helping. :(

Could someone please just make it be March???

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-21-2005, 12:25 PM
{{HUGS}}

I'm so sorry you are feeling so sad... Hug your babies and hang in there... after time those wounds do heal... :(

Jods
01-21-2005, 12:26 PM
No one expects you to be over something like this by now. Take your time. Sometimes it takes a long time for it to actually sink in. I know and am a person who will cry for a person years and years after it has happened and you will too. I will always be here for you and so many more people will be as well. Cry whenever you want, you'll make it through all this just hold on. Squeeze your pups for me will ya!:)

ramanth
01-21-2005, 12:33 PM
My grandpa died in February of 2002. I still grieve.

*HUGS*

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Sorry to hear this... . Don't feel bad about venting here! We are all ONE bunch of friends, and we are there whenever you need a good shoulder!!!
It is normal that the coming days are so difficult to you. You say it will be 1 year since your dad passed away. That "1-year" day, the holidays, his birthday, all these days are the hardest to pass. Losing a parent is very hard to take :( . Believe me, it will get easier day by day. Don't force your grief, it is VERY good for you. I know it sounds hard to believe, but others will agree with me.

{{{{{HUGS !!!!}}}}}

Samantha Puppy
01-21-2005, 12:46 PM
My grandmother died Christmas Day, 1997. I still cry for her. It never ends but it does get a little easier to bear.

luvofallhorses
01-21-2005, 12:51 PM
My grandmother died on November 21st, 2003 I still miss her a lot we all know what you're going through if you ever need to talk pm me(((hugs)))

EssTer
01-21-2005, 01:13 PM
I´m sorry you are feeling so sad :(
((((HUGS))))

cubby31682
01-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Oh, I know how you feel. I would never expect some one to get over the death of a family member or friend in just 1 short year. My father has been gone 6 years in May, and every day it feels like it just happened. I still haven't come to grips with it yet.

If you would like to pm me please feel free too. I am always here. I will be a shoulder to cry on. Although I will probably cry right along with you.

Please know that I am thinking about you, and I hope you feel better.

Katie

moosmom
01-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Shutterbug0303,

We're here for you. It's very difficult when you lose a loved one. I have difficulty from August to January 1. My Dad was found dead in his apartment on August 18, 1997, I lost my mom on October 10, 1973 at the age of 44 (I was 19), and my grandfather was killed in a house fire two months later on December 18, 1973. So I know exactly what you're going through.

Everyone grieves in their own way and in their own time. I'm still not over my Dad's death.

((((hugs))))) from Michigan ;)

shutterbug0303
01-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Thanks so much everyone. I knew that you guys would be the ones to turn to. It is good to know that I am not in this process alone...although sometimes it is hard to remember. It was so hard for me to loose my dad...he was the first death I had ever experienced. I never got a chance to mourn for grandparents, aunts, uncles...just my precious daddy. I can still see him watching the Super Bowl last year...well, trying to. He was so sick by then, but just had to see the game. Although I am waiting in great anticipation for my Steelers (:) ) to play this year, it will definately be bitter-sweet.

Prayers for everyone that has lost someone <>< Thank you so much for being here!

Judy

Tina
01-21-2005, 03:29 PM
I'm so sorry you are feeling so sad:( *Hugs*

micki76
01-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Judy,

I completely understand where you’re coming from. I lost my Dad a year ago in September. That first anniversary of his death nearly killed me. Honestly, I thought I wasn’t going to make it through it. The month before and for about a month after I was a basket case. I walked through life in an extreme state of depression. A lot of people didn’t understand, because they didn’t understand the relationship that Dad and I had.

I can tell you that all those “firsts” are HORRIBLE, but it does get easier. I have a huge amount of guilt that I’m dealing with for some things that happened surrounding his death. A lot of “should haves” that I know I need to get past, but I’m still having a hard time with that.

I’m just a PM away if you EVER need to talk.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

GraciesMommy
01-21-2005, 06:27 PM
I am sorry to hear you are having such a hard time, it has to be difficult..but I don't think one year is very long...and you will probably always grieve especially around the anniversary. I know my MIL does...my FIL has been gone 6 years and Sept is a very difficult time for her.
Hugs to ya

cookieluver7
01-21-2005, 09:20 PM
We have all been going through hard times as you can see here. I lost my grandpa when I was 5 and it hurts me now to know that I never really got to know him. I am very sorry about your dad. He is up in heaven watching over you right now. He may not be on earth right now, but the memories you two have shared will last forever, and nobody can make them go away. {{{HUGS}}} Remember, things will get better, it just takes time.

bluekat
01-21-2005, 10:35 PM
I've never lost someone that close to me before, but I can only imagine how hard it must be to lose a dad..:( Just remember that we're all here for you! {{{hugs}}} :)

jazzcat
01-22-2005, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by shutterbug0303
It was so hard for me to loose my dad...he was the first death I had ever experienced. I never got a chance to mourn for grandparents, aunts, uncles...just my precious daddy. I can still see him watching the Super Bowl last year...well, trying to. He was so sick by then, but just had to see the game. Although I am waiting in great anticipation for my Steelers (:) ) to play this year, it will definately be bitter-sweet.

I know how you feel. I lost my mom last year on May 1st. She was the first close loss I ever experienced because my grandparents died before I was born or when I was too young. I was very close to my mom and because of her poor health I took care of her the last year and half. It's hard and I miss her but I know after all her suffering that she is in a better place and I'm at peace with that.

Don't get me wrong, even though I'm at peace with it I still have what I call "mom" momments when something makes me think of her like a new book by an author she loved, eating at her favorite restaurant or just something that happens to me that I want to share with her. I had one at Christmas. For the past few years I had been doing her shopping since she wasn't able and that included gifts for myself. I was in a store back in December and saw a couple of things I really wanted but knew I shouldn't buy myself things at Christmas but then it popped in my head, Mom can give them to me and then it hit me. I bought them anyway and called them Mom gifts. I love them.

I know as the first anniversary of her death approaches in a few months it will be hard.

If you need anyone to talk to I'm here. ((HUGS))

LoudLou
01-22-2005, 01:52 AM
I know just how you feel. My dad passed away 8 years ago today. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/6.gif

shutterbug0303
01-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by LoudLou
I know just how you feel. My dad passed away 8 years ago today. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/6.gif

Oh, I just hate to hear that. I'm so sorry. I'm sure one year, eight years, or even fifty years can't take the pain away. :( {{{hugs}}}

Kristl
01-22-2005, 01:20 PM
I feel for you...I lost my great aunt on January 4th 2005 and a friend on Jan. 11, 2005. It's hard, I know!