PDA

View Full Version : I found....The One! (Come take a look ;) )

ramanth
01-21-2005, 11:48 AM
After a bit of a shakey beginning... (see my semi-rant in my LiveJournal (http://www.livejournal.com/users/cutest_sandgirl/57810.html) ) .... things turned out okay and my sister Linn, my best-friend Shawntell, and I are all proud owners of new wedding gowns.

Take a look!

My gown - the front
http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/misc_images/dresses/kim_theonefront.jpg

the back
http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/misc_images/dresses/kim_theoneback.jpg

Shawntell and I
http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/misc_images/dresses/kim_shawntell_theones.jpg

Linn
http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/misc_images/dresses/linn_theone.jpg

Linn and I in the Bridesmaids dresses we've picked out
http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/misc_images/dresses/bridesmaids.jpg

If you remember in my previous thread (http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68523&highlight=wedding+dress) I had some gowns picked out.

Well Gown #1 didn't look right on me and Gown #2 I never tried on! It's the dress Shawntell is wearing! *laughs*

When she fell in love with it, I dropped it from my list. :)

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the one I fell in love with is strapless. (I swore I wouldn't wear one :rolleyes: ;) )

It does look nice as a strapless, but I think I'm going to have some spaghetti straps put in. :)

Samantha Puppy
01-21-2005, 11:52 AM
Very pretty - love it without straps. Is it a Maggie Sottero?

Edwina's Secretary
01-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Straps might be a good idea! WIth everything else you don't want to be hiking your dress up all the time.

Love the dresses.....simple and elegant!

Cinder & Smoke
01-21-2005, 12:02 PM
W:cool:W!! ;)

Have you gotta TWIN ??

Maybe an OLDER Twin? :(

/s/ Durty Ole :( Phred

PS: Ya Look ***STUNNING***!! ;)

EssTer
01-21-2005, 12:02 PM
wow.. I think it looks awesome :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Beautiful Kimmy, simply beautiful!

But I'm a bit confused.....your sister and your friend are getting married too? If so, what a successful shopping spree! :D

moosmom
01-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Oh Kimmy!

I absolutely LOVE it!!! Don't put any straps on it. It looks beautiful just the way it is on you!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Beautiful Kimmy, simply beautiful!

But I'm a bit confused.....your sister and your friend are getting married too? If so, what a successful shopping spree! :D

Same question here :confused: ;) !

I love your dress a lot!! that skirt-part lookes really special!!

ps. Don't forget to remove that pricetag, lol!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-21-2005, 12:21 PM
YOU LOOK SO PRETTY!!!! I love the detail on the side how it waves down...... :D and I LOVE your bridesmaids dresses...

I wondered if that one your friend was wearing was the other gown you picked out ... :)

I remember when I was trying to find a dress.... and i had a david's bridal book.. and i had two i loved... that ended up being sooooo ugly. My mom had picked one out of the book that i hated, but when i tried it on i knew it was the one..

:D :D :D

Andy hasn't seen it has he?

ramanth
01-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Thank you!

Samantha's Puppy - I'm not sure who the designer is.

Oh Phred.... :o :D ;)

Sara - Andy hasn't seen the dress. For the most part, he doesn't browse PT unless I point him to certain threads. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. ;) But if he sees it, it's okay. We may have some pictures taken together before the ceremony anyway.

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Yep.

Shawntell is getting married in August. Linn in September. Myself next July. :)

I'm in Linn and Shawntell's weddings and they are both in mine. :D

pitc9
01-21-2005, 01:01 PM
You look great!!!! :D

Your bridesmaides dresses are great too! I know where you could get a few of those dresses cheap!!;) :p :D

anna_66
01-21-2005, 02:11 PM
Oh Kimmy...IT'S BEAUTIFUL (and so are you:))!

You couldn't have picked a more lovely dress!

mina'smomma
01-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Its lovely Kimmy. You look stunning in it.

NoahsMommy
01-21-2005, 02:51 PM
I LOVE the dress you picked out, its really beautiful on you!

Don't add straps...it looks so nice, you have really good shoulders, back and arms for it. It wont fall down, mine was strapless too, they just make the bodice tighter.

:) BEAUTIFUL!!!

Karen
01-21-2005, 03:01 PM
I say go for the spaghetti straps. That way you don't have to have the dress so tight as to be uncomfortable (aka "snug"), and elegant little straps won't hurt the look, and you'll be more comfortable not worrying about it!

The bridesmaid dresses are pretty, too! Have you set a date or time of day? In any case, looks like fun!

Tina
01-21-2005, 03:36 PM
You look beautiful!!:)

My Peanuts
01-21-2005, 04:04 PM
You look so beautiful! :D I with that was me :rolleyes: :)

Logan
01-21-2005, 04:13 PM
BEAUTIFUL, Kimmy!!!! :D I'm so happy for you!!! :)

Barbara
01-21-2005, 04:17 PM
What a beautiful dress. Don't let Andy see you in it- because he will be stunned. You look so beautiful.:)

Aspen and Misty
01-21-2005, 05:33 PM
WOW!!!

You look so beautiful!!!

I absolutly LOVE your dress!! You look so amazing!! Andy is going to be speachless when he sees you!

Ashley

cookieluver7
01-21-2005, 09:11 PM
YOU LOOK GORGEOUS!!! And what a pretty dress! :D :D :eek: ;)

RobiLee
01-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Kimmy, I love it! It is beautiful and you are beautiful also. I have to say that of the dresses that you posted this one is my absolute favorite. Maybe its because you are actually wearing it, you really look wonderful in it. I also think you pull off the strapless look very well!

I'm so happy for you!

Robin :)

GraciesMommy
01-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Very beautiful!!

Corinna
01-21-2005, 11:16 PM
You all look fabulos !!!

Cincy'sMom
01-22-2005, 06:31 AM
Great choice! The dress is beautiful!! Doesn't it feel good that have at least that major decision taken care of? It was one of the first things I did for my wedding and eveything else seemed okay after that!!

lovemyshiba
01-22-2005, 10:01 AM
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

You look great!!! I had a strapless dress, and I had no problems with it at all:)

I had to chuckle at the picture in the bridesmaids dresses--when we were shopping for dresses, it was my 2 sisters, cousin flower girl (4 years old at the time) and my stepmom and me. The other girls got so bored, that when it was time for them to try on dresses, they were being a bit uncooperative:rolleyes:
I tried all of those on too, and picked the one for them to wear!!! I just wanted to get it all done that day!!!

Chica
01-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Very Pretty! :) You look wonderful!;)

lizbud
01-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Kimmy,

The dress is beautiful. You look gorgeous in it.:)

If it were me, I'd add the straps, as I don't have a lot to hold
it up.:o I'd end up hiking it up all the time.:o

What kind of flowers are you going with? Also, what will your
veil look like?

christa
01-23-2005, 03:21 PM
My SIL is getting married in June and I swear, I believe that that is her dress too! Very pretty!

Our bridemaid's dresses are made almost the same, they're two piece but they have that piece that is pulled around to the side like the wedding gown.

ramanth
01-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Thanks everyone. :) You all are so kind. :D

Amy, it sure does feel good to have this done and out of the way. :D

Emily, you tried on the flower girls dress too? ;) :D

Liz, flowers I'm still undecided, but I did find a bouquet at one of the bridal shows that I just loved. It had blue roses and other flowers that I know am forgetting their names. :o *laughs* Mom took a picture of it, so I can share it later.

As for the veil, I'm pretty sure the one I'm wearing in the first picture is the one we bought. It's a fingertip veil with pearls and crystal beads adorning it in various places. :)

Killearn Kitties
01-24-2005, 11:20 AM
It's absolutely beautiful on you, and lovely from the back which is always important in a wedding dress as people spend a fair bit of time looking at your back.