PDA

View Full Version : Is THAT All???

QueenScoopalot
01-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Only 368 cats trapped, etc. last year? I just tallied up last years cat/kitten count, and I know I didn't mark a few on the calendar, so it's closer to 370. This is counting cats abandoned and pregnant (includes kittens born), and TNRs, and a few that were in such bad shape they went to the Rainbow Bridge.:( I guess I have to speed things up this year huh? The first creature rescued this year is a parakeet someone abandoned! Good thing he was found before he froze to death. He's happily chirping away with the butter yellow budgie girl I netted last year. :D

K & L
01-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Only???? That's that many more out of the breeding cycle!

QueenScoopalot
01-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by K & L
Only???? That's that many more out of the breeding cycle!
The best part is probably 90% of all those kitties were adopted out! Off to search for a very pregnant cat I got the word on. Hope she hasn't had kittens yet, as they'll never survive the temps here. It's been a 'toasty warm' 7 degrees today, and a possible Nor'Easter coming this weekend. *sigh* :rolleyes:

kimlovescats
01-21-2005, 02:26 PM
That's more than on per day ... I'd say that is FANTASTIC!!!!!:D

Randi
01-21-2005, 02:39 PM
That's fantastic!! If only there were more people like you! Hope you get the pregnant one too! :)

CatMama78
01-21-2005, 02:39 PM
That's really awesome work. Thanks for all you do. All the kitties thank you too.

NoahsMommy
01-21-2005, 02:42 PM
What do you mean, "That's All??"

That's an AMAZING number!!! You are wonderful!!!

catland
01-21-2005, 03:07 PM
That's amazing - you are such an inspiration. It shows that one person can really make a difference.

PayItForward
01-21-2005, 03:11 PM
What a difference you made to all those cats, you are a real life angel :D

jenluckenbach
01-21-2005, 03:18 PM
That is more than 1 per day.....not a bad year's work :D:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-21-2005, 04:02 PM
:eek: :eek:

Is that all, she asks! :eek: :eek:

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful job, Jan!

PS - where's Leslie been? She's been awful quiet around here lately....

Oh, and PPS - I'll probably be sending those fluids out next week. I figured that way the deep freeze will be over with and there will be less chance that they will freeze.

QueenScoopalot
01-21-2005, 06:19 PM
I actually was a little shocked at the number myself! I'll have to double that number this year LOL! T&P Leslie has been off to L.A visiting her grandmother, and just got back a few days ago. She's been working pretty late as well, so doesn't get here much anymore. No rush on the 'juice' either..it's very cold around here, and they should last for quite a while. They're fine to use as long as they don't get cloudy. I always have a stash on hand for kitties in need of fluids. ;) No signs of the pregnant one, and I'm afraid she may have had kittens already. Doubtful they'll survive. :(

rg_girlca
01-21-2005, 09:22 PM
Gee Jan, is that all????;)

Fabulous job:) Well done:) Great news:) Keep up the good work.:)

You were meant to do this type of work as you are so good at it.

I hope and pray that you are able to find the mama cat and her babies in time.

catmandu
01-22-2005, 09:21 AM
is taht all.You are doing a fantastic Job,of rescuing Strays,and stopping the flow,of unwanted Kittens,while I cant convince a Kitten,to come in,from the cold! You are our Heroine!

CalliesMom
01-22-2005, 12:20 PM
:eek: you TNR'd that many kitties by yourself? You're one amazing woman! Good for you!

catcrazylady
01-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Is that all?:eek: :eek: :eek: Good Grief! I can't remember how the math goes when it comes to how many cats a single cat can produce and I am not sure I could figure a number that big,but do you know how many unwanted kitties you have prevented???!!! Not to mention how hungry and hurt most of these kitties were but because of you are now full, warm and happy!:D

GREAT job Jan!!!:D :D :D

QueenScoopalot
01-22-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by CalliesMom
:eek: you TNR'd that many kitties by yourself? You're one amazing woman! Good for you!
Actually the vast majority were abandoned cats, and feral born kittens. Maybe 20 were feral adults that were TNR. What a cesspool this city is *sigh*:rolleyes: Someday I'll tally up all the cats trapped since I started doing this. It's 15 + years worth! :D