PDA

View Full Version : It NEVER @#$%ing ends!!!!

Samantha Puppy
01-21-2005, 08:24 AM
Shoot me now. I mean it. Just shoot me now.

I have been having a sh*tty month. Almost every aspect of my life that could possibly be sh*t, is sh*t. But this week has been the icing, sprinkles and cherry on top of the sh*t cake.

Tuesday, I rear-end someone. My headlight is pushed back into my radiator and busts a mount. Cost to repair - $750. Still haven't heard from the girl I hit with her estimation.

Wednesday and Thursday, my husband lets me drive his car to work while he works from home. Yesterday afternoon, I start the car to go home and it makes a weird sound like when you have a car with power steering and turn the wheel as far to one side as it'll go - almost like a whine but not really. The car still runs, but the RPMs seem to be affected. When I get home, he goes to check it out, comes back in and says that I can't take it to work today. He'll be working from home again as well. So I call my mom to see if she can pick me up, even though it's out of her way to do so. She agrees.

So Mom picks me up at 6:30am this morning. I ask her if it'd be possible for me to "drop" her off at work and take her car down into the city. She agrees, nice Mommy that she is. To repay her kindness, I decide to stop and fill up her gas tank. Turning into the gas station, the front passenger's side tire blows. BLOWS.

No. I'm not kidding.

You may think, "Good, she was in a gas station, no problem!" right? Wrong. The guys in the service area refused to touch my car until 8am and only then if I made an appointment. I told them that I didn't want a NEW tire, just someone to put on the donut. They said no. So I called a coworker who came to do it, thankfully. Finally, he gets it changed and I am FINALLY on my way. I made it into Baltimore at 9am when I should've been here by 7:15am.

I AM SO #$%^ING TIRED OF BEING SH*T ON!!! I know everyone has rough times and all but DAMN. I have been having a variation of serious (yes, actual serious problems... this is not me being a drama queen) problems since mid-December and it just ain't quittin'. I really don't know how much of this crap I can take. Can't I catch a break SOMEHOW? Can't I have a week go by when I don't find something horrible out, or get insanely upset, or break a car???

Anyway. Just needed to vent. Sorry.

dukedogsmom
01-21-2005, 08:54 AM
Girl, I honestly don't know what to say. It sounds like this new year just totally sucks for you. All I can say is try and keep surviving. It's obvious you're being tested really hard. So, don't give up and keep on trucking. If I had been you at that gas station, I'd have reamed that guy a new one, if you know what I mean. If it's a chain, I'd get in touch with the main supervisor for that area and complain. Maybe even a written, mailed letter. Those will have more effect than an email or phone call.

moosmom
01-21-2005, 09:07 AM
Samantha Puppy,

I'm sorry you're having such a bad time. I used to walk around with this "proverbial black cloud" hanging over my head. After a while, when things still began to happen (i.e., getting stuck with a kitten I had no intention of keeping, although I do love her VERY much, a blown tire, unexpected car and cat expenses, etc.) I just shake my head, laugh and say "What ELSE could possibly go wrong??" I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. I know it sounds dumb. But life is what happens when you make plans. But as my Dad always told me, expect the worst, then you won't be disappointed.

Hang in there.

mina'smomma
01-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Oh my goodness darling.

I'm so sorry you're having all these problems. Look at the bright side. At least you have wonderful people who are willing to help you out. When I blew a tire on the express just before Christmas I was stranded for over two hours, and non of my friends would come and help because it was too cold out. Finally a state trooper took me home, and my girlfriend had been at my apartment waiting for me. She called her dad at his work and as soon as he got off work him and his partner not only came to the apartment to get me, but changed the tire and the next day his partner gave me a new/used tire and a spare tire for my car. Along with a brand new tire iron and jack. I got fortunate with them.

caseysmom
01-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Hope things get better. For 25 years I had road side service on my insurance and didn't realize that covered them coming to change a flat...you may have that....

ramanth
01-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Oh man. :( *HUGS*

Take a LOOOONNNGG bubble bath, you deserve it.

And I'd definitely contact a manager from that gas station. The workers attitudes were awful.

*HUGS*

Jods
01-21-2005, 12:29 PM
I agree with the bubble bath. You need it. Get your hubby to give you a massage he owes you. I would call about the gas station as well. Doesn't seem like they have very good customer service. Then after your all settled hug your babies for me.
Jodie

cali
01-21-2005, 01:06 PM
oh jeeze I am so sorry, we are not having a much better time. our shower broke, so we had to go to friends places to shower, and it took a month to fix it, still not fully repaired. the pip kepts leaking as soon as you but the fauset on, that finally got fixed but the shower part still dont work, so we can only bathe. then our furnace broke, and it took hours for somebody to finally be able to come out and fix it, half the people refused because social security was paying, they wanted cash on the spot. and now our van broke down on the side of the highway and something to due with feul is wrong with it, a cumputer thing had to be replaced, and this other thing that needs replaced costs over $700CDN something we cannot in any way shape or form afford, because of all these repairs were are litterally scraping the money for grocerys, the rent has gone up at my dance building so now the cost for my dancing went up a doller an hour. Mistys leg has started to act up again and she is limping once again, my naighbors are moving today, and finals start on monay. trust me, I can relate!