PDA

View Full Version : Update on the horse barn fire...

pitc9
01-21-2005, 08:00 AM
Two of the three horses that were taken out of the buring barn by the fire department have been put to sleep.
Barbie a pregnant mare and Amy a mare, were put to sleep Thursday because of their injuries.

Of the orginal 12 Belgiums, the only surving are:
Katie and Sarah-both are mares
Daisy - a pregnant mare
Doc - Gelding still being treated, they say he is not getting better... but also not getting worse. They still don't know if he is going to make it.
:(

*edit* I just talked to my mom and Doc is doing good today!*

I have yet to go over to my parents house.. I don't want to see what's left of the barn. But I have to go to my parents because my mom's dog Harley died yesterday also. :( :( :(
It's been a rough week for them.

Jods
01-21-2005, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the update, I was wondering about it. Fires are so devestating. Were they able to tell the husband or are they just going to leave it?
When I was doing my preceptorship at a nursing home I met this wonderful lady with Alzheimers that lived there for about a year now. She talked about her house everyday and her gardens. She didn't know the family had sold it because she is not going to make it out of the nursing home. So they decided why would they upset her if she doesn't need to be. Especially with people with alzeheimers who they'd probably have to explain what happend everyday. It's bad enought explaining to them whey they are there.
I will be praying for the horses and the family and also your parents who have just lost their dog. RIP Godspeed to the bridge all!

pitc9
01-21-2005, 09:40 AM
She is not going to tell her husband. :(

Everyone thinks it will be just to much for him.

dukedogsmom
01-21-2005, 10:20 AM
That is just so sad. Sorry about Harley, also.

ramanth
01-21-2005, 11:31 AM
I'm so sorry about Harley, Angie. :( RIP little guy.

And the loss of more horses, one pregnant at that. :( :(

RIP to them all.

:(

zippy-kat
01-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Sending Doc and the family the best of wishes!