PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and condolences please...

DJFyrewolf36
01-20-2005, 05:29 PM
I just started a new job *yesterday* and already I have heard some sadness...

A co-workers kitty is sick. He has severe urinary tract blockage problems and has had them since she got him as a kitten. He is 9 yrs old now and on a real downhill slide. Her *my coworker* husband called this morning and said that the vet might send him to the RB because he is in so much pain. She has other kitties but it is obvious that her and this one share a real special bond. I just met this lady but I still feel as if I could send a prayer or two her way for her special little guy. Even if he does go to the RB...

I felt her sadness as she was talking on the phone with her husband. I almost wanted to cry myself!! If you could, please say a prayer for this little kitty.

kt_luvs_kitties
01-20-2005, 05:31 PM
How very kind of you to care so much about a new coworkers feelings, and her kitty. I will def. send out many prayers tonight that the kitty will have more time with his family, and if not, may he go safely to the RB. I hope all turns out well. *HUGS* Katie

catcrazylady
01-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Oh that is so sad.:( Please DJ let her know about PT and please share with her that there will be many prayers for the poor kitty. I will be praying for peace for the whole family.

cloverfdx
01-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Good thoughts on the way for your coworker and family :(. How sad.

Kristl
01-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Poor kitty! We're hoping for the best! BTY: Mason had some urinary probs...the vet put him on Hill's Prescription Diet s/d and it fixed the problem, but this may not be the same thing! Praying for the little guy (or gal)

catmandu
01-21-2005, 08:24 AM
We are praying,for that poor Little Cat,and hoping,and praying,that our Good Lord,will give the White Coats,the skill,to make him,all better.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Glad to hear you got the new job! But sorry to hear about the new co-workers kitty woes. :( I sure hope they can do something for him....other than have him pts that is. :( Sending out good thoughts and prayers.

Barbara
01-21-2005, 09:43 AM
I as well hope they can do more? Did they look at the surgery Boots and Fister had? It is called perineal urethrostomy and will prevent blockages by crystals. They live very well with it.

kimlovescats
01-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Please tell your new co-worker that I am so very sorry about her precious beloved kitty. :(

Congrats on the new job, though!;)

DJFyrewolf36
01-21-2005, 12:26 PM
Some good news!!! *kind of*

Turns out her kitty boy may have a mental problem instead of a physical one. The vet checked him through and through and couldn't find any physical problems at all! He did have a bladder problem about a month ago and thats what she thought might be wrong with him again. Turns out though that his bladder is healthy now.

What could cause a kitty to act like he is in pain? This seems very unusual to me. Right now, the kitty is at home and is resting. They had to give him some tranquilizers because I guess he was a terror at the vets office.

:confused: :confused: :confused: I have never heard of a cat having a psycosomatic (sp?) illness. Has anyone else?

kimlovescats
01-21-2005, 12:38 PM
I have no idea about this ... how very unusal and sad. So, the kitty just hollars as if he is in pain???:(

ramanth
01-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Congrats on your new job! Many praryers for your co-worker and her kitty.

DJFyrewolf36
01-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
I have no idea about this ... how very unusal and sad. So, the kitty just hollars as if he is in pain???:(

That is my understanding. he also shows signs of UT problems *not wanting to pee etc* It does seem very strange. My co-worker mentioned getting him from a pet store and has said that he had problems there too.

Poor guy. He has another white coat appointment on Monday. I hope they can figure things out!