PDA

View Full Version : baby parachute???

RICHARD
01-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Parachutist goes into labour in mid-air

A pregnant Russian woman went into labour in the middle of a parachute jump.

Marija Usova gave birth to a baby girl minutes after landing from the jump in Moscow.

She had ignored warnings when she decided to arrange the jump when she was eight months pregnant.

Halfway through her jump she suddenly felt an enormous pain and realised she had gone into labour.

She managed to control her descent, although she said she was close to passing out at times, and landed safely where she immediately began to give birth, local media reported.

Doctors on hand rushed to her aid and helped deliver the baby. Usova said the last words she remembers hearing were: "It's a girl" before waking up in a hospital.

She said: "I wanted my baby to have the beautiful feeling of flying through the air and free-falling before it was born and give it something really unusual.

"I was already in the air when I suddenly felt a massive pain. I realised that it had already started.

"I cried out: "Oh God help me" and kept my legs tightly together but beyond that there wasn't much more I could do. I just kept thinking that my baby had to survive this. But every second of that descent seemed to take eternity."

She said she had decided to name her daughter Larisa: "It means Seagull in ancient Greek."

---------------------------------------------------------

Wow!

Marija means "not too bright" in English!

On a more serious note-

At the hospital I worked at a, woman came in while whe was in labor. The baby crowned, but was pronounced dead due to suffocation.

When she went into labor her husband loaded her into the car.

These morons, to keep the baby from being born in the car, decided to keep her underwear on for the ride to the hospital.

She was pretty devasted by the death of the child and wanted to sue the hospital for the death of the child...We didn't do enough to keep the baby from dying.

I wonder if it wasn't a sign that they didn't deserve to have kids...:confused:

christa
01-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Wow . . . to both stories :eek:

I wonder about people sometimes . . . what are they thinking?

Or is the question, why aren't they thinking???

chrangharris
01-21-2005, 05:21 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tonya
01-21-2005, 05:27 AM
What morons!

moosmom
01-21-2005, 08:56 AM
What the HECK was she thinking?? Parachuting while pregnant??? She is just too stupid to live!! :eek: :eek:

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-21-2005, 09:10 AM
I would never do anyting near that crazy when I am pregnant..

when my mom was pregnant with me she jump-roped.. (only once) and I ended up flipping over and was born leg first...:eek:

CathyBogart
01-21-2005, 01:13 PM
My mother got horribly drunk while she was pregnant with me...To her credit, she didn't know she was pregnant until the next day. :)

Pit Chick
01-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
She said: "I wanted my baby to have the beautiful feeling of flying through the air and free-falling before it was born and give it something really unusual.

More like free falling as it was being born. Somehow I don't think a baby in the womb will get that feeling when it's already free floating in fluid. (say that 3 times fast) :rolleyes:

She definately gave it something unusual....she's the mother.

Hellooo! :eek:

Some people should not be allowed to reproduce.

RICHARD
01-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Pit Chick
More like free falling as it was being born. Somehow I don't think a baby in the womb will get that feeling when it's already free floating in fluid. (say that 3 times fast) :rolleyes:

Hey!
Another fan of Fluid Hydraulics!!!

free floating in fluid free floating in fluid free floating in fluid;)

Pit Chick
01-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Bravo Richard. :D

KYS
01-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Is she nuts?
Unbelievable. :(

GraciesMommy
01-21-2005, 10:33 PM
Just a few fries short of a happy meal if you ask me!

Kristl
01-24-2005, 06:46 PM
Quote from Richard:
These morons, to keep the baby from being born in the car, decided to keep her underwear on for the ride to the hospital.

I've never had a baby, but I would think that if you kept on your underwear, wouldn't you just have the baby in your underwear? Maybe not, since the poor thing didn't make it! I've said it before and I'll say it again: some people shouldn't breed.

:)

Kristl
01-24-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by WolfChan
My mother got horribly drunk while she was pregnant with me...To her credit, she didn't know she was pregnant until the next day. :)

I was concieved at Mardi Gras in 1981...that can't be good!!;)

No wonder I couldn't figure out how to post pics!!;) J/K