PDA

View Full Version : Yoda is having surgery tomorrow morning

Medusa
01-20-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm going ahead w/the laser surgery to remove the polyp from her ear that's growing into her throat. I'm nervous about it but it's either that or the polyp will soon strangle her. I've not had her spayed because of her breathing problems, so Dr. Lee is going to spay her while she's under. Of course, she came into heat a few days ago and she's been singing opera all over the house. Dr. Lee doesn't like to spay when a cat is in heat but he said that he really doesn't want to postpone her laser surgery any longer; we've waited long enough. And he doesn't want to put her out twice to spay her later. So, he's going to do it all.

I love my little Yodie; she's such a delicate, fragile thing. I've been doing my best to fatten her up a bit w/milk treats and kitty gravy, etc. because she lost 1 1/2 lbs. a couple of weeks ago when she was so sick. As soon as I know something, I'll post. I know how busy you all are but send out good thoughts for my little girl, Yoda, please.

Blessings,
Mary

slick
01-20-2005, 11:19 PM
Mary....prayers coming from Canada for little Yoda. Please keep us updated.

[[[hugs]]]
slick

jazzcat
01-20-2005, 11:35 PM
Prayers and good thoughts on the way. Good luck Yoda.

krazyaboutkatz
01-21-2005, 12:48 AM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care.

kimlovescats
01-21-2005, 04:19 AM
Praying for a safe and healing surgery for little Yoda!!!!;)

jenluckenbach
01-21-2005, 04:48 AM
Best of luck with the surgery. Prayers for Yoda.

GraciesMommy
01-21-2005, 05:48 AM
Do good Yodie~~

Craftlady
01-21-2005, 06:40 AM
Will keep good thoughts and prayers for speedy recovery for Yoda.

Logan
01-21-2005, 07:50 AM
I will definitely be thinking of Yoda today and praying for a successful surgery. Please keep us posted.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-21-2005, 09:19 AM
Good luck, Yoda!

Medusa
01-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Well, my Yodie Yodie is home and appears to be doing well, all things considered. Dr. Lee did not spay her while he was doing the laser surgery because her pulse slowed so much that he said she scared him to death and he didn't want to risk her life by keeping her under too long. At first he said the polyp was the size of a quarter; then he amended it and said it was the size of a half dollar. He said "Mary, I don't know how she breathed at all w/that thing in her throat. I couldn't breathe like that." She had difficulty during surgery, so he put a breathing tube in her throat again, making it even more sore. He said that her throat would be sore for a while; it's like having a burn. And she bled a little more than he thought she would because laser surgery cuts down on bleeding but he said that the polyp was so far down into her throat, that he really had to go in there. But he's pleased w/how well she's doing now. He said no food or water for a couple of hours but, by the time I got us home, that time had passed and she was hungry! So I gave her a little canned food and some water and she scarfed it down. Now that she's back home in familiar surroundings, she's yodeling again because she's still in heat. I'm to take her back next week to be checked and possibly to be spayed then. Sigh. Long, stressful day. But my Yodie is home and she's sleeping w/Mom tonight!

Thanx, friends, for all your support and posts.

Blessings,
Mary

jenluckenbach
01-21-2005, 07:33 PM
Wonderful news. Thanks for the update! I hope the spay goes as well. (and I am sure that it will)

rg_girlca
01-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Wow, what a scary time. I'm so glad to hear that your precious Yoda is doing much better.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that her check up goes well and that she will be able to be spayed.

Logan
01-21-2005, 09:03 PM
Mary, I have checked back all day to see an update. I'm glad Yoda is home. I'm sorry the spay couldn't happen at the same time, but it sounds as if you have a cautious and caring veterinarian. That is so good.

Gentle hugs and kisses to Yoda from me, please.

Logan

slick
01-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Mary.....I'm so pleased that you posted an uppydate and that little Yoda is doing so well. Pet Talk Prayers have worked miracles again.

Hugs to you and please give Yoda some scritches from me; tell her they come all the way from Canada.:)

More prayers on the way.

krazyaboutkatz
01-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Mary, I'm so glad that everything went well and that Yoda is now back home with you.:) I hope she continues to do well and that her spay will go well too. Please take care.:)

Medusa
01-22-2005, 08:41 AM
The healing power of love never ceases to amaze me. Yodie didn't want to sleep w/me last night, as I thought she would. I wanted to keep an eye on her, though, but she was doing so well and she wanted to be w/the rest of the posse, so I took that as a good sign. She didn't hide as though she was sick; she just wanted to hang w/the kits. She ran up the stairs to greet me again this morning. She's still yodeling cuz she's in heat but boy, did she ever have an appetite! I think that, despite the sore throat, she can actually swallow w/out feeling that nasty polyp in her throat and she's amazed! It probably affected how everything tastes, too.

It's snowing like crazy right now, so I'm glad that I didn't have to drive to pick her up at the vet's today. It's a long drive and she may have had to stay the weekend. We're home, we're safe, we're doing better and better every day, I'm surrounded by fur and love and I'm one lucky mom. Yodie says "Thank you for praying me through this 'cat'astrophe."

Blessings,
Mary and Yoda

Logan
01-24-2005, 09:13 AM
I hope that Yoda is improving every day!!! :) Keep us posted, please.

Logan

Medusa
01-24-2005, 09:50 AM
She's getting stronger every day. She actually runs through the house now, instead of walking slowly w/her head tilted to one side. And she has a strong meow. Before the surgery, all she could do is gurgle. She's eating like a horse, too. I'm taking her in next Monday to be checked and, if all is well, to be spayed on Tuesday. So don't stop praying positive for my little girl, friends! :)

Thanx and blessings,
Mary

slick
01-24-2005, 09:59 AM
That's great to hear Mary. The prayers won't stop from my end and I'll be watching for more positive uppydates.

krazyaboutkatz
01-24-2005, 11:27 PM
This is wonderful news.:D More prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-25-2005, 09:52 AM
What wonderful news! I'm so glad she's feeling so much better. :D :D

Logan
01-25-2005, 11:40 AM
Oh, Mary, I am delighted for Yoda and for you!!!! :) We will definitely keep on remembering her until you let us know that she is 100%!!!!! :D This is such a wonderful report!!!!!! :)

Medusa
01-25-2005, 02:16 PM
It IS a wonderful report, isn't it? I just now got home from work and she was just yowling at the top of her lungs. She wanted to be upstairs w/me! She's already put on some weight. Before the surgery and immediately after, you could feel every bone. Now she's got some meat on 'er! I'll definitely keep everyone posted re her checkup and spay next week.

Blessings,
M

animals=best
01-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Medusa
I'm going ahead w/the laser surgery to remove the polyp from her ear that's growing into her throat. I'm nervous about it but it's either that or the polyp will soon strangle her. I've not had her spayed because of her breathing problems, so Dr. Lee is going to spay her while she's under. Of course, she came into heat a few days ago and she's been singing opera all over the house. Dr. Lee doesn't like to spay when a cat is in heat but he said that he really doesn't want to postpone her laser surgery any longer; we've waited long enough. And he doesn't want to put her out twice to spay her later. So, he's going to do it all.

I love my little Yodie; she's such a delicate, fragile thing. I've been doing my best to fatten her up a bit w/milk treats and kitty gravy, etc. because she lost 1 1/2 lbs. a couple of weeks ago when she was so sick. As soon as I know something, I'll post. I know how busy you all are but send out good thoughts for my little girl, Yoda, please.

Blessings,
Mary

animals=best
01-25-2005, 03:01 PM
hope yoda gets better

good luck:) :) :D :D