PDA

View Full Version : new show prospect!!!

lute
01-19-2005, 04:32 PM
i may be getting this lovely little girl as a show dog. i will be taking her to some conformation classes and hopefully make her a champion like her momma!

she's 10 weeks old right now and the sooner i can get started training her the better. her mom was fully trained by 4 months! because she's in Indiana i know a breeder/handler here that is going to help me get into some shows in a couple months with her.

here's a pic. she's the light red one on the far right.
http://www.sheairsiberians.com/puppies/puppies3.jpg
i know you've all seen the pic before,but it's the only one i have right now.

i was gonna get her before,but we hadn't gotten settled into our apartment yet. fortinatly she is still available!

shutterbug0303
01-19-2005, 04:54 PM
She's a beautiful girl!! That will be tons of fun I'm sure! Best of luck with her!

lute
01-19-2005, 08:43 PM
thanks! hopefully i'll be able to go pretty far with her. she has a great pedigree!

Giselle
01-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Oooh, I'd love to do conformation. I desperately wanted to try out JR's with Giselle, but I quickly learned that even though you're supposed to be judged on your handling skills....that's not how it always works:( Flashy dogs with mediocre handlers do better than great handlers with poor dogs in the JR's ring, oftentimes. Sad....I was really getting into it....

Ah well, have fun gaiting, free-stacking, hand stacking, baiting, and I hope you snag a few Best of Breeds! Maybe BIS!

Remember....STUDY the standard like you can't live without it! I also recommend watching a few multiple BIS dogs in the rings. Study how they move and what 'tricks' their handlers use with them. It's a lot harder than it looks, but I absolutely adore it (if only I had a show Peke).

vinjashira
01-20-2005, 01:17 AM
Good luck Lexie!

Originally posted by Giselle
I desperately wanted to try out JR's with Giselle

What is JR? :confused:

Giselle
01-20-2005, 02:07 AM
Junior Showmanship (AKC) :)

LuvGold00
01-20-2005, 09:47 AM
YAY! Good for you !!!!

I love getting my guys in the ring and prancing them around like they are in charge!

Best of luck, and POST MORE PICS! ;)

KYS
01-20-2005, 06:37 PM
I want plenty of updates if you decide to show. :)

lute
01-20-2005, 07:47 PM
i'm goin to a meeting this sunday to meet some of the people from the Husky Club of Middle Tennessee. a couple of the people there have some pups available so maybe i won't have to drive all the way to Indiana to pick up this pup.;)

i may bring a pup home as soon as next week!

cyber-sibes
01-20-2005, 07:55 PM
That is so exciting! I just love husky pups, they're so cute! She's a very pretty little gal. But if you can get one closer to home, that's good too. Sherman's breeder shows and I know several of their dogs won in puppy class. They've been showing for twenty years- Here's their website if you want to check out their dogs-
www.destinysiberians.com

Let us all know how it's going - can't wait to see your new pup!

anna_66
01-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Ohhh your killing me with that picture! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE husky pups!
Good luck!

BCBlondie
01-21-2005, 01:40 AM
Good luck!!! :)