PDA

View Full Version : My birds acting strange

Hannah
01-19-2005, 03:19 PM
One of my birds dies a few weeks ago, his name was stanley, and we have had him for about five years. he was a cockateal, and the best bird in the world. we also have a parakeet and another cockateal, named sirrus and coconut. now that stanley dies, sirrus has been very vicious, and he bites you hard anytime you try to pick him up. And they also have been doing some really strange things. sirrus and coconut will latch beaks, sirrus will make this squeaking sound, and will throw up, and coconut will eat the vomit. This behaviour is scaring me, but i cannot seperate tham becaust we only have one cage. do anyone know what is going on with my birds?

Hannah

Lexi_Lover
01-19-2005, 03:51 PM
OH NO! I am so sorry for your loss!

What I can say about the behaviour is that they are trying to cope with the loss of their friend...somehow try to seperate their cage! This is very odd behaviour! I know that it is not good for a bird to vomit.

I hope you will be able to solve this..you 2 have to stop making Mom worry!

Hannah
01-19-2005, 04:57 PM
ok, thank you. I am just worried because they have both been with another bird ever their entire life, and i am just worried because they seem really attached to each other. Do you think they will be alright alone in their seperate cages?
Hannah

Alleaa
01-29-2005, 05:08 PM
I am sorry for you loss. First off this is breeding season and most birds are act a bit "funny" during this time of the year. They are also going to morn just like people do, it sounds like your teils were best friends. I would suggest getting another cage to keep them apart for now, a tiel is alot bigger then a keet and you just can never be too careful. You can get some really good pricing on cages on EBay.