PDA

View Full Version : Mini emergency with Harley, but he’s ok now

My Peanuts
01-19-2005, 02:15 PM
Yesterday my mom and I came home from the doctor and my cousin (she lives with us) tells us that Harley got blood all over the floor, but it stopped. He must have cracked two nails on the fence or something. So when I check him out he starts jumping on me in good JRT fashion. I look down at my cream colored pants and there is blood all over them. I look at the first nail that looks like it was a clean break, but the second one was twisted and still attached. I took one look and I knew it needed to be bandaged or have some kind of attention. Sylvia has been shaking her head (ear infection) so I was about to call the vet to make an appointment anyway. I call and I was like I have a question and I need to make an appointment. I tell the woman about Harley and I’m about to ask her what to do and she says, “how fast can you get here?” I got a little worried, so we immediately put Harley in the car and in about 4 minutes we were in the waiting room. I didn’t even get a chance to make Sylvia’s appointment over the phone. They had to sedate Harley and cut his nails WAY down. I felt so bad for him. Now he’s on 7 days of antibiotics. All this because he cracked two nails! The vet said if he was larger he would have to spend the night because he was a little dazed and couldn’t walk when we took him home. Harley is home and fine now, but Sylvia checks on him every couple hours. :D

PS. Sylvia’s ear appointment is Saturday ;)

lute
01-19-2005, 02:20 PM
poor Harley! i hope he feels better soon!:(

jazzcat
01-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Ouch, poor Harley. I hope it heals quickly for him and he feels better soon.

BitsyNaceyDog
01-19-2005, 04:03 PM
How scary. Poor little man, I hope he's feeling better soon.

micki76
01-19-2005, 04:43 PM
Diana, I’ve been through this with Chester before, too. He’s done this two separate times. :rolleyes:

I tried to let in heal on it’s own, but he kept banging them on furniture and grass and re-injuring it. He had to have a tourniquet put on his arm, and they cut his nails off WAY short, too.

Poor Harley. I could tell with Chester that it was painful.

Feel better soon, Harley!

shutterbug0303
01-19-2005, 04:46 PM
Get better soon Harley! I can imagine that is a big owwie!!

My Peanuts
01-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Thanks everyone I'll let Harley know you send your love :)

petslover
01-19-2005, 05:34 PM
I hope Harley recovers very soon.

luvofallhorses
01-19-2005, 05:39 PM
poor baby :( that happened with Rocky when he was playing too hard with Jenny he cracked it again feel better soon hunnie

My Peanuts
01-19-2005, 05:40 PM
I feel so bad for him because I know how bad it hurts when I cut my nails too short and this is much worse :(. But the good news is he is acting completley normal so it must not hurt too bad :)

fritz03
01-19-2005, 05:52 PM
Sorry to hear about Harley.fritz and I hope that Harley's paw gets better and he can get back to his old self.

KYS
01-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Poor Harley!!

Hope your paw heals soon and feel better.