PDA

View Full Version : The Peapod!

rkidsrcats
01-19-2005, 08:08 AM
Percy has been having a hard time lately, so he asked if he could get on PT and get some good vibes. He's been dealing with severe stomatitis (red gums and mouth) and has had a hard time eating. It's quite painful when in full force and we've had to resort to steroid shots to reduce the inflamation and well, anyway...its' no fun. He's better today and we are investigating several avenues to help him (nutirition, antibiotics etc. ) The vet has been very helpful, but his immune system isn't cooperating.
Anyway, here's our boy, looking better and feeling better!

http://home.comcast.net/~jphoenix12/percy4.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~jphoenix12/percy33.jpg

chrangharris
01-19-2005, 08:12 AM
What a handsome boy! His coat is so shiny and I just want to pet him!!! I hope he gets to feeling better soon!

catlover4ever
01-19-2005, 08:32 AM
Oh Percy I do hope you feel better soon. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

kuhio98
01-19-2005, 09:13 AM
Renee: I hope Percy feels better soon. Please keep us posted.
The title caught my eye because we call Pepper "Peapod". We recently changed it to Peepod when whe caught her peeing in the kitchen sink. :eek:

jazzcat
01-19-2005, 11:46 AM
He's gorgeous! We'll be sending good vibes his way.

Maybe you can get some info from Noah's Mommy. I think her Micah has the same problem and she's had good luck with a Raw diet.

Uniqueviking
01-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Aww, yes, I can imagine that must be quite painful :( Good to hear, he's feeling better, and what a very handsome boy he is :)

jenluckenbach
01-20-2005, 04:22 AM
That sounds like what Amber has (but the vet never used the word stomatitis). But she takes steroid pills to keep the imflamation down. We will probably be looking at dental work including extractions. :( I would be very interested in any treatments that you find help.
Little hugs to Percy, I know you hurt.

Barbara
01-20-2005, 04:56 AM
Percy, you are soooo handsome!:)

I hope the vet can help you- yes it is the same problem poor Micah has.

Killearn Kitties
01-20-2005, 05:07 AM
I hope poor Percy Peapod continues to get better. That condition can't be any fun at all. :(

Keeping our fingers and paws crossed for Percy.

catlady1945
01-20-2005, 06:16 AM
He's beautiful. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

smokey the elder
01-20-2005, 07:18 AM
My rescue group had a cat with stomatitis. All his teeth ended up being extracted, but he was able to eat wet food or moistened kibble. He would gum it to death! He got adopted and has a nice home. It would be nice if the medical world could solve all these haywire immune system glitches.

catmandu
01-20-2005, 08:33 AM
The FoundvCats,and I are praying,for you,Percy,as it is not much fun,when you cant eat,your food!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-20-2005, 08:37 AM
OMG, Percy looks like a twin brother of my RB-cat Sydney!!
Got to love that face!!

this is Sydney, showing his royal sceptre
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/sydney%20met%20geschoren%20poot.jpg

rkidsrcats
01-20-2005, 08:52 AM
Percy says thanks everyone sooo much for all the good thoughts. And compliments! He loves compliments. And he is feeling much better after a shot :eek: and some anitbiotics.
Sorry to hear about the other kitties out there who have this too.
Dental extractions....:eek: :eek: :eek:
The Peapod has such pearly white teeth, he would truly be embarrassed if he had to be a gummer! But I know that is a possibility and I know that the majority of cats get relief when they have it done. We're going to try a better diet first. Jazzcat mentioned Raw diet - we're looking into that.

Anyway, thanks again for giving him some PT love. It helps!:) Now the other guys are jealous and want their own threads! :D :D :D

Kuhio98 - I hope we don't have to change his name to Peepod. What was Pepper thinking?:confused:

jenluckenbach - If we hit on any treatments that are wildly successful, we'll let you know.

Maya & Inka's mommy - WOW, Sydney is a twin! Especially in the face!