PDA

View Full Version : Kids Having Kids....sad way of life these days

dukedogsmom
01-18-2005, 11:15 PM
I think this is just ridiculous. Apparently it happens way too often. Why are any of these kids still living with their so called parents? I think they should all be removed from the home. Obviously, something just isn't right there.
teenmom, just barely (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=KayleeWarner)
Things like this just make me fume.

Giselle
01-19-2005, 12:47 AM
OMG, is that fake?

She was TWELVE when she had her child? WTH?! She's not even a teenager:eek: She's about as old as I am and she has two kids like it's nothing.....Puh leeeeeeze tell me this is fake. Please Please Please.:(

"hey everybody...

the funniest thing happened yesturday... my baby daddy came over and he has a girlfriend Sam... well he ****d me ... ahhh ha .. he cheated on her dumb *** ... yes! im the happiest person today... i got *****!!!"

Repulsive. Absolutely, disgustingly vulgar and repulsive.

popcornbird
01-19-2005, 01:20 AM
When the lack of guidance and moral values becomes so widespread in the world, such things are bound to happen. Very sad and repulsive. :(

PayItForward
01-19-2005, 02:42 AM
She suffered from a lack of guidance from her parents certainly but who are we to condemn her.

She loves her kids unconditionally, she is still in school and plans to get a job to support them.

She is doing much better than several older parents I know.

Sounds like she is a nice kid with a strong family support group, she'll be fine.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-19-2005, 05:51 AM
How sad.. she has paved a VERY rough road for herself... i would not want to be in her shoes... She is going to miss her whole childhood.

I'm grown, married, and get paid well and still feel like I could not give my child everything they need... poor babies. I feel even more sorry for them.

We should do better as the older generation.... to teach abstinence (sp) and the terrible long term consiquences of having children so young..... :( :( :(

Even though some dissagree... there are too many advantages to being morally consience...:(

catnapper
01-19-2005, 07:33 AM
Yup, sad but true. Hubby teaches 7th & 8th grade. He sees it every year when a 12 year old is pregnant. Though what gets me is if she got pregnant so young, then wouldn't you think she'd practice extra safe sex afterwards? nooooooooo... just like hubby's school they have one then another. Soon they are baby making machines with 3 or 4 babies before they graduate IF they graduate. And then welfare pays for it all! :mad:

dukedogsmom
01-19-2005, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
We should do better as the older generation.... to teach abstinence (sp) and the terrible long term consiquences of having children so young..... :( :( :(

Even though some dissagree... there are too many advantages to being morally consience...:(
That may be ideal for you but the real truth is that it's just not practical at all. A lot of teens are going to have sex. I think teaching how to approach it responsibly is much more practical. It's hard for a lot of people to accept but it's just a fact.

Giselle, you may want to edit your post to take out the words that aren't allowed here normally.

CalliesMom
01-19-2005, 08:05 AM
This little girl has absolutely no clue. She acts like these children are baby dolls and she gets to "play" with them. There is something also wrong in the household if her other siblings don't live with her. I feel so sorry for her children because the cycle generally repeats itself from generation to generation. :(

dukedogsmom
01-19-2005, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
Yup, sad but true. Hubby teaches 7th & 8th grade. He sees it every year when a 12 year old is pregnant. Though what gets me is if she got pregnant so young, then wouldn't you think she'd practice extra safe sex afterwards? nooooooooo... just like hubby's school they have one then another. Soon they are baby making machines with 3 or 4 babies before they graduate IF they graduate. And then welfare pays for it all! :mad:
Don't even get me started on welfare! That's a whole other dog house discussion. What you're really saying is WE pay for it all. That totally burns me up.

robinh
01-19-2005, 08:07 AM
My sister works in Medical Records at one of the hospitals here. She prepares the birth certificates and she says I would be stunned at the number of 12-13-14 year old girls having babies. I find it so sad.

I had Kevin at 21 and I think I was still way too young. He turned out OK, but still.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-19-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
That may be ideal for you but the real truth is that it's just not practical at all. A lot of teens are going to have sex. I think teaching how to approach it responsibly is much more practical. It's hard for a lot of people to accept but it's just a fact.

Giselle, you may want to edit your post to take out the words that aren't allowed here normally.

I would really have to dig... but there are recorded statistics that prove teaching abstinence (sp) is more effective in preventing std's and pregnancy than teaching safe sex.. not only in the us but other countries as well...

:(

Cataholic
01-19-2005, 11:22 AM
You can teach abstinance, but, that doesn't mean it will be learned. Safe(r) sex is much more practical.

As a single, unmarried mom to precious Jonah, I don't feel the slightest bit 'unmoral'. My only regret? Perhaps having to work, instead of being a stay at home mommy. But, I do believe in the lottery system..one of these days...one of these days.

Fox-Gal
01-19-2005, 11:37 AM
For 15 years I owned child care centers and they where sup-contracted, in a way, through the state. So most of my children where abused or welfare children and I would have to say that about 70% of the welfare case children where born to teen aged girls. Some of them had 2 to 3 children. And what really got to me was not only that they had children so young, but for those that had more then one, they went into the next pregnancy, saying it will be OK, WELFARE will pay for it. :eek: :mad:

I had one woman/girl tell me once when her youngest was turning 2 and she knew the state was going to cut off her free day care, if she didn't get a job, that she needed to get pregnant again, that way she would get her free day care back, plus more money coming in. I was shocked, that she would even think about having another baby, but to do it so she didn't have to pay day care, out of her own pocket or get a job.......WOW!!

I am also a great aunt to the cutest little boy, who was born to a teen anger mother and through the whole mess, of her pregnancy, I ended up blaming her mother more then I did her, for it happening. The shear stupidity of the mother's logic got to me. She knew her daughter was a little slow, from a birth defect, knew she was dating a older boy. Did she educate her............NOPE, just told her if she ever got pregnant, she'd kill her.

When she got pregnant, we talked about giving the child up, so she could go on with her life and education and the child would have a loving more stable home. Mom's answer was "she lied. she pays, I'm not going to let her get out of her mistake that easy." :rolleyes: :confused: So they both gets a life sentence for her mistake. So now the baby and daughter live at home with mom...........and mom BI##%%S about having to support them. :rolleyes:

I guess what I learned in both these things, the child care center and my niece, is that now days the needs of the children being born, come in second or even third and not first, as it should be. It's all about ME ME ME, now day and not what's truly important.

Not only do we need to educate the children, we need to educate the parents too. Most of these teen agers that have children, got their values, ideas or lack of from their parents. If we don't educate both, like someone said, the cycle will repeat itself from generation to generation.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-19-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
You can teach abstinance, but, that doesn't mean it will be learned. Safe(r) sex is much more practical.

As a single, unmarried mom to precious Jonah, I don't feel the slightest bit 'unmoral'. My only regret? Perhaps having to work, instead of being a stay at home mommy. But, I do believe in the lottery system..one of these days...one of these days.

yes but you're not a teenager... ;)

When they get pregnant or get a disease... they are not even old enough to get a job to get their own insurance... much less feed or clothe their OWN child.

dukedogsmom
01-19-2005, 12:23 PM
Meant to note that I'm speaking from experience, not statistics. I was raised in a Christian home and taught values, etc. Just because you teach it, you can't make them not have sex.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-19-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Meant to note that I'm speaking from experience, not statistics. I was raised in a Christian home and taught values, etc. Just because you teach it, you can't make them not have sex.

That is true... i was only stating statistics prove that teaching abstinence is more effective than teaching safe sex in preventing pregnancies and diseases.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-19-2005, 12:39 PM
in my own opinion..

i would not want my (TEENAGE) kid going to school.... and being taught it was o.k. for them to have sex whenever they want where ever they want and with who ever they want as long as it was protected... when I would be teaching them different.

I really would enjoy how they would NOT tell them how they ARE worth the wait... and that if they waited it would be the most special experience in their life...

I would not want the child who i love more than anything giving something so special away to some silly boy who really doesn't love them ... can't or won't support their baby.. (and why should I ) and will leave them at the drop of a hat for the next little girl who walks by...

It would not be worth it to see them go through that pain... not to mention if the sorry boy or girl gave them some disease.. (and we all know condoms don't prevent anything 100%) ,,,,,......that they would have to live with for their life... and when they one day matured and found the one they really love and would like to marry.. would have to find a way to tell them of their embarrasing situation and possibly lose that person. :(

I would MUCH rather teach the children out there absitnence.

Tonya
01-19-2005, 12:48 PM
My husband and I were just talking about this. I don't think that either of us understood the importance of abstinence until we fell in love. That is when I finally wished that I'd saved my body for my soulmate instead of giving it away to a young jerk boyfriend.

I will try my hardest to make my children understand how special sex is. It is so much more then a physical act. It makes babies and it is something special to be shared with your spouse.

I hope to God that I can make them understand, but if my children are as stubborn as I was, they won't. I will also be open to give them birthcontrol to be safe.

My little sister is 18 and still a virgin. My parents preach abstinence but they also put her on the pill when she was 16 with her first serious boyfriend. My sister has enough self respect and understanding that being on BC doesn't mean it's ok to have sex.

Ideally, it'll work out like that with my kids.

*edit* Unfortunatly, I may be wrong about my sister. I was just reminded of a little incident this summer. Hopefully I am wrong and she is indeed still a virgin.

Tonya
01-19-2005, 12:55 PM
p.s. I am ok with schools teaching about sex. I am ok with it because there are so many parents who are not doing their job. I know that my child will be informed, but I'd hate to see another child ruin their life because they didn't know any better.

My mother's parents never ever talked to her about sex or her body. When she had her first period in gym class, she screamed bloody murder. She thought she was dying, she had no idea what it was. Her highschool boyfriend was much older then her and my grandfather forced her to date him because "he was a good guy". At one point, my grandfather even let him live with them. The BF told my mom that she wouldn't get pregnant if she jumped up and down after sex.

My mom has had multiple abortions, the first at 15 years old. Each time, they had to drive her to California (abortions weren't legal and/or on every street corner in New Mexico back then). All the way there, the family would taunt her, calling her a whore.

Anyways, I'm getting off subject. My point is that there are some really crappy parents out there and SOMEONE needs to educate these kids.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-19-2005, 12:59 PM
after reading Tonya's post I would like to add..

I don't mind sex education... about the body, birds and the bees, and the consiquences of having sex..

but don't tell my kid that it is o.k. to have sex.. and you should use a condom to be safe...

lovemyshiba
01-19-2005, 01:09 PM
:eek: :eek:

So this girl was 12 when she had her first baby, and then got pregnant again so soon?? What the hell???

Methinks mommy should have gotten her some birth control after the first one. I suppose there will be another in a year or two??

She won't even be my age when her kid is getting her driver's license.

wow.

Tonya
01-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
after reading Tonya's post I would like to add..

I don't mind sex education... about the body, birds and the bees, and the consiquences of having sex..

but don't tell my kid that it is o.k. to have sex.. and you should use a condom to be safe...

Exactly. I don't know what approach they take these days, but when I was a kid, it was fairly innocent sex education. They preached abstinence, but the least you can do is use protection if you're going to.

catnapper
01-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Foxgal, my goddaughter is 15 and a bit slow too. She tested just 1 point above mentally retarded way back in elementary school.My Aunt decided that her daughter "wasn't that way" and shoved her into regular school and refused to allow her to have and IEP for teachers to make accomodations for her. Long story short, the girl is now a teenager, and instad of being in a safe school for other kids like her, she is in a school filled with kids one step from jail. We KNOW she's fooling around with the boys. We are quite frankly surprised she's not already pregnant because she is obsessed with babies. I agree with you: if she was to become pregnant, it would be mostly mom's fault, not her's. She has never been taught the hows and whys - she just knows it feels good and it is what people do. Thats IT. NOTHING else about sex - the consequences ending in pregnancy or disease. Not the emotional consequences either.

Now, with my step kids... I met them when the oldest was 14, the youngest was 10. I was simply stunned at the knowledge they all had about sex. It made me VERY uncomfortable that a 10 year old didn't have complete innocence regarding sex or male anatomy. BUT years later, I see that 10 year old is now 15 and dating a sweet boy. We know that if he ever tried to push her into sex that she'd slug him one in the gut. We've discussed it, and she realizes she wants more in life than pregnant in highschool or college (which is how hubby dearest didn't graduate - his son came into being) I know when she is lying (she is a BAAAAD liar) and I know she is serious about remaining a virgin til at least college.

Same with my now 18 year old son and his girlfriend. They've been dating for over two years now and he gets a lot of jokes from his friends but they have both decided that their sports and education are far too important to gamble away for sex. Hubby apparently knew what he was doing all those years ago to teach them about sex - the whys and hows - and that "yes its fun and wonderful, but not SO fun and wonderful to risk your life and dreams for it." Hubby has taught them that sex is like Russian Roullette -- its powerful and a big rush, but one of these times you'll get the bullet. My kids know all too well that the bullet is in the chamber and don't want to risk getting it and putting their dreams on hold to raise a child.

carole
01-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Teaching abstinance does not appear to work , I recently saw a Documentary on Texas, the bible belt they called it, where they preach to their young ones all the time just that, they nearly all attend church etc etc, to cut a long story short, they have one of the highest records of teenage pregnancy's and STD'S, so for me that proves it does not work.

It is sad to see a child bringing up a child, that girl is the same age as my daughter, I just cannot imagine it, it's beyond me!!

MariaM
01-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Hmmm I'm going to have to think about this post. I want to get my point across without forming assumtions...but I think that will be hard.

I just want to say that I have absolutely no intention of ever having sex until I am happily married.

But I am NOT saying that my mom has taken the best approach, not even a good, approach of teaching me about sex & body. When I read some of these threads and hear the adults talk, oh how I wish some of you were my mom. I wish her way of thinking was the same as alot of you people.

wolflady
01-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by catnapper

Isn't that the truth! :mad:
Funny how that works, you know? People who can't afford it, pop kids out and live off of welfare, while other people are building their careers and lives to be able to support families. Those are the families that need to have kids to balance out all of the screwups that result from TPT reproducing...
It's just sad how this world is going to hell these days. All of these "teen" parents is getting way out of hand. It's absolutely rediculous! They are all humping like rabbits so young these days and it's just so sad. I'm glad I was raised properly with good moral values and enjoyed a childhood. Like I mentioned in another thread, I'm 28 years old and still think I'm too young to have children. I'm busy building a career and financial stability before I choose to have kids.
I see the human race as our own destruction...if things keep going like this, where will we be? Look at the role model for these kids? Their parents are just kids themselves with no reasoning of responsibility, let alone financial support. It's disgusting, but media promotes it, IMO. Everyone is having sex with everyone else on TV, and it's pretty typical in high school, it seems, especially in these TV serials and it's OK because the media says it's ok. I can't even imagine sleeping around with so many people...just giving yourself to someone you don't deeply love. It's sad that something that's supposed to be special and intimate is made so animalistic these days...:mad: :( :( Yuk :(

carole
01-23-2005, 02:13 AM
Just out of curiosity have you ever had to live on welfare? people seem to assume it is a piece of cake to pop out a baby and then live on welfare,until you have walked in those shoes, I expect it is not that easy ya know.

animal_rescue
01-23-2005, 01:05 PM
You can only get welfare to pay for it if you only have a baby every 2 years. If you have a baby(welfare pays) but if you have a baby next year(welfare won't pay).

tikeyas_mom
01-24-2005, 10:00 PM
teens having babies doesnt happen as often as it used to... so be happy that ppl are thinking before acting....

in Canada anyways....

Mandy1
01-24-2005, 10:04 PM
She shut her xanga account down for some reason:confused:

star of light
01-26-2005, 10:31 AM
my mom is a nurse and the youngest she has seen to give birth to a child is 9....:eek:
wow i dont see me having a baby or not even me haveing sex until i am marride:eek: :eek:

star of light
01-26-2005, 10:34 AM
it utrns out that her site was delted....
i didnt get to read it but why would the mother be letting her child go out and have sex?????
well at least give her birth control that would at least prevent a pregency

star of light
01-26-2005, 10:38 AM
update found the site
http://www.xanga.com/groups/group.aspx?id=404560 (http://)

wolflady
01-26-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by star of light
my mom is a nurse and the youngest she has seen to give birth to a child is 9....:eek:
wow i dont see me having a baby or not even me haveing sex until i am marride:eek: :eek:

Good for you! :) We need more people with this way of thinking in the world...
**hugs**

star of light
01-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
Good for you! :) We need more people with this way of thinking in the world...
**hugs**
ohh thank you:D :D :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-26-2005, 05:34 PM
I don't know what is with kids today. I am also positive that I am saving my virginity for a soul mate, and it will definately stay with me until I'm married to the one I love.

There are girls in our school that are pregnant, two I can think of off the top of my head. I know that it is... how do I put this... it's... tradition?? for some Hmong girls to get pregnant early, just because of their culture. But my friend heard that the other girl got pregnant from a 62 year old man. I don't know what happened there, I hope its just a rumor! (though she did hear it from a teacher... :eek: )