PDA

View Full Version : Chewbacca needs your help...

Chewbie
01-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Hi Everybody!
I'm new to this forum, but am posting this as a plea for help for my little chihuahua Chewbacca. He has had many medical problems in his life but has always been a trooper and pulled through. I have gone into extreme debt to save him and we are really struggling, but at least he's still with me. I can't see putting him down just for financial reasons.. and I love him! He's my baby! I've had a lot of people tell me I'm nuts, but for the most part, people have been pretty supportive. I made this website for him to try to help. For anyone who may be wary, donations are being accepted for him at his vet, and they can verify any info. Please have a look at the site. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.. whether it be a small donation, a purchase from his "Shop" page, or even just helping me spread the word. Thank you in advance for anything you can do.:)
http://savechewbacca.org/images/chewycouch.jpg

lute
01-18-2005, 09:28 PM
sorry to hear you are going through such tough times.:( i'll check out the site!

captain
01-18-2005, 09:50 PM
How sad!

Off to check out the website..

Kristl
01-18-2005, 09:52 PM
good job on having the vet being able to verify...i'll check it out. Sorry about the little guy...he's super cute!

luvofallhorses
01-18-2005, 09:57 PM
he's so cute I'll see what I can do.

Chewbie
01-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Thank you everyone!

PS. If you need the phone number for the vet to verify, I can give it to you. I didn't post it on the site because I was afraid that people may think it's a "fake" vet number. So, I put the name of the vet and let people look up the number in the directory for themselves. Just let me know if you need it. Thanks again :)

Chewbie
02-16-2005, 02:04 PM
Hello everyone,

I just updated Chewy's Updates page again. He's doing well. Also, I have added more pics, a FAQ page, and an "About US" page with a little more info about Chewy besides his vet stuff. :) There's also a picture of me with Chewy there. I know it's not the best pic in the world, but I thought it might be nice for people to see the "human" owned by the dog! :p

Thanks again for all your help!

ramanth
02-16-2005, 03:41 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! With a name like Chewbacca, what's not to love!?!?

(My fiance and I are huge Star Wars fans)

I'm a bit short on cash at the moment, but I'll check the site out. :)

I can understand where you are coming from. In 2003, Kia had a seizure and the medical bills piled up! Thankfully friends and family helped out. :)

*hugs* to you and Chewie. :)

Chewbie
02-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Thanks Ramanth! Any help in just spreading the word about Chewy will be a great help.. I am a Star Wars fan too, but really, he just made me think of Chewbacca because of his hair and the color. :)
Carrie and Chewbacca

http://psbenfica.sitepac.pt/Chewbacca.jpg