PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch American Idol?

Christiansmommy
01-18-2005, 07:10 PM
The season starts tonight...actually now ( eastern time)...just a friendly reminder :)

Robyn

momoffuzzyfaces
01-18-2005, 07:20 PM
I've got it on now too! YIPEEEE!:D

Samantha Puppy
01-18-2005, 07:24 PM
I love watching American Idol... it's the only reality show I watch.

CamCamPup33
01-18-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm watching it now... They're TOO funny!

I love simon. :p :p

manda_moo87
01-18-2005, 07:51 PM
I do! :) I love it!

Cincy'sMom
01-18-2005, 08:04 PM
Watching now, while I make some soup!

swimma253
01-18-2005, 08:07 PM
YAA!!!! I have it on now!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

petslover
01-18-2005, 08:31 PM
I have it on now. I love this show! I love Simon too! He tells it like it is!

Kfamr
01-18-2005, 08:32 PM
Valerie and I watched it for a few minutes.. the turned it to another channel because it was so headaching!

catnapper
01-18-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm watching it now and having good old laughs. I learned early on in the program not to drink during the audition part - commercials only - a mouthful of tea and a hearty laugh don't mix well :p

Talk about family entertainment. Its the first show in a long timethat the whole family is watching together!

Samantha Puppy
01-18-2005, 09:04 PM
I knew someone from the DC auditions!!! My husband and I were couldn't believe it, but it was definitely a girl we went to middle school with. LOL

buckner
01-18-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
I knew someone from the DC auditions!!! My husband and I were couldn't believe it, but it was definitely a girl we went to middle school with. LOL
Was she any good? :p

Yes, I watched it... and I loved it! I live for this show... seriously.

Samantha Puppy
01-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by buckner
Was she any good? :p

Yes, I watched it... and I loved it! I live for this show... seriously. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Christiansmommy
01-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Well, that was pretty funny...i look forward to more episodes :)!!

Can't wait for Survivor now too!!

Robyn

GoldenRetrLuver
01-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Yep, saw it last night and plan on watching it again tonight.

However, the last person they showed who was auditioning (who Simon called "Scary Mary") IMO, shouldn't have been shown on T.V. Yes, she was pretty bad, but it sounded like something was seriously wrong with her.. like she had schizophrenia, or a split personality disorder. I don't know, I just felt bad for her. If she did, she shouldn't have been 'teased' like that. :(

Christiansmommy
01-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver

However, the last person they showed who was auditioning (who Simon called "Scary Mary") IMO, shouldn't have been shown on T.V. Yes, she was pretty bad, but it sounded like something was seriously wrong with her.. like she had schizophrenia, or a split personality disorder. I don't know, I just felt bad for her. If she did, she shouldn't have been 'teased' like that. :(

I agree, I think she was certainly not "all together there"...and was probably mortified when the show aired...she definately had some issues, but you would think that her mom would have prevented her to go through with it, if she wasn't mentally healthy...it looked like she was there alone, she left alone...so who knows what was up with her...

petslover
01-19-2005, 03:47 PM
but u know what. it was good entertainment lol! I thought it was.

catnapper
01-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver

The scary thing is the fact that she looked and acted and sounded JUST like my neice. Hubby and I had to do a double take. And my neice would have been stunned to be told that she wasn't any good.

Hmmm.... DC is not that far from us.... could it have been her? ;)

Samantha Puppy
01-19-2005, 05:02 PM
I felt bad for some of those people like the schizoid at the end and the guy who couldn't remember the lyrics to the Groban song and started to cry... but they know there's a chance their audition could be used on TV when they get in line for this thing so they're putting themselves out there.

And I watch, for pure entertainment. (It's also an amazing confidence boost!)

KYS
01-19-2005, 08:12 PM
I watched it and got a good laugh, at
the same time I felt bad for some of
them too.
I think it took guts for all of them
to try out, even the bad ones. :)