PDA

View Full Version : my sleeping 'disorder'

RICHARD
01-18-2005, 06:08 PM
I am cured!!!!

I finally figured out why I was having such a hard time sleeping and feeling like crap when I woke up the next day!

AM radio!!

I have a small AM/FM alarm clock next to my bed. I can set it for 59 minutes so I can fall asleep and not have to worry about turning it off.

If I woke up during the night I would hit the button to fall back asleep. There was a talk show host on that I really liked and he'd broadcast until 5 a.m. So I'd listen to as much of his show as possible.

He took the morning shift and now I don't like the new guy so I don't put the radio on.

I have started to dream again and do not wake up every 59 minutes to put the radio back on.

I feel alot better since then and am able to sleep the whole night thru.....

Or until the cat goes crazy and wakes me up.

I wonder if I can sue the station for loss of sleep???
:rolleyes:

Logan
01-18-2005, 07:35 PM
LOL!!!! Richard, at one point, my computer did the same thing to me. If I couldn't sleep, instead of lying there and trying to go back to sleep, I would get up and get on the computer (still do this sometime, but not nearly as often). Sweet dreams!!!

lynnestankard
01-19-2005, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD

I wonder if I can sue the station for loss of sleep???
:rolleyes:

I do worry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Lynne

sasvermont
01-19-2005, 07:21 AM
Richard, I too, have been struggling with sleep problems for the past few weeks. I used the TV to try to lull me to sleep, but being the nosey person I am, I would wake up and then watch whatever was on...Letterman, Leno etc. and not get to sleep for another hour or so.

But, last week, I decided to put the radio on sleep mode (90 minutes at a time) and listen to classical music. It does the trick. I never stay up to listen to the last notes etc.

This isn't a new concept by any stretch of the imagination. What rock do we live under? There has been that snooze/sleep button on the radios for years. I even have one on my TV.

Glad to hear you are rested these days.

Tylenol PM also helps.

SAS:rolleyes: