PDA

View Full Version : Crouching Tiger, Hidden Catnip

RICHARD
01-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Attempting a spring cleaning I moved some stuff around...DVDs, books and some cat toys....

I jumped into bed and the Edster jumped up onto his nightly perch. I look over and am treated to a crouching cat rear.

A few seconds later a face appears above a plastic bag of catnip.
A box containing two bags of nip was placed next to the tiger's lair!!!!

Oh,oh........After a few seconds of vicious head shaking, something I had never seen the Zen Master do before, the bag shoots across the room, behind the chair.

Hmmmmmmm, that was funny.:rolleyes:

At six o'clock this morning the second bag of catnip is being stalked..........I awaken to the soft cries of a cat attempting to move into position to grab the second bag...

Slowly, as only a student of the martial arts could, he steps onto the box with the DVDs, sending them to the floor in a clatter.

Zen Master Ed lands on his feet, looking at me...

Sensei? A little help here?

I get up, look down and face up is the movie Crouching Tiger.....

I toss him the second bag, pick up the movies and crawl back into bed, listening to the sounds of a plastic bag, being punctured by tiny Ninja teeth.....

Crinkle crinkle crinkle..crinkle crinkle crinkle.....

Twenty minutes later the cries of a nipped out cat awaken me from my slumber.

Since a cat cannot be calibrated to the atomic clock in Colorado, I guess it's about every five minutes....

When the REAL ALARM clock goes off I feel refreshed and ready to take on the day.

I have now realized that hiding the catnip from the cat is not the way things should be....

There should be a yin to the yang, a balance between the elements, a state of Zen needs to be attained-

Cat nip should not be doled out in small portions..

GIVE THE WHOLE FREAKING BAG TO THE CAT-

That way you don't have to pick up DVDs, Listen to plastic bags and put up with nipped out crying cats so early in the morning.

I wonder if Confucious had cats?

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-18-2005, 12:14 PM
*lol*

I remember one Christmas i bought a bag of catnip, wrapped it up and put it under the tree. The next morning it was partially unwrapped ... bitten to shreds.. and catnip was all under the tree..

silly nippers..:)

catlover4ever
01-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Richard you are absolutely the best story teller around. :D :D :D I can just see this being made into a movie.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Hmmm....are you trying to say that the bag of catnip I hid from CJ should be put back?

Ok - done! :D :D

RICHARD
01-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Hmmm....are you trying to say that the bag of catnip I hid from CJ should be put back?

Ok - done! :D :D

Confucious say,

Are your DVD's put away???:rolleyes: :eek: :confused:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Confucious say,

Are your DVD's put away???:rolleyes: :eek: :confused:

Don't own any DVD's (if you can believe that!) but the counter has "other" spillables that might want to be "repositioned" allowing easier access to the nip. ;) :D

Randy_K
01-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Mango also throws catnip toys. He has catnip pillows that he either sleeps on or he throws across the room 5 to 8 feet (1.5m to 2.5m) away. I find them on top of furniture and sometimes outside in the enclosed balcony. At first I thought he carried them around but I now know he just throws them around.

RICHARD
01-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Has Mango been to the San Fernando Valley lately???:confused: :eek: :D

Randy_K
01-18-2005, 05:38 PM
He's never been in the Valley - he's a Westside furball - but he was born in Hesperia if that counts. It's hot there too!

RICHARD
01-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Does Mango have internet access?

Ed has been sleeping close to the computer lately.:confused:

Ed usually does "The Claw" and flips them around.

I had never seen him shake his head and throw anything like that before....It was dog-like!!!!:eek:

Randy_K
01-18-2005, 09:29 PM
It's cat telepathy – much more efficient than anything we know!

catmandu
01-19-2005, 08:47 AM
Richard,you are one,of the reasons,that I love Pet talk,and I wish,that my threads,were as entertaining,as yours! Eddie,sounds lika a Marvellous Cat,and he is to Cat Nip,what JJJ3,is to Whiskas Temptations! Every time,I heed Natures Call,JJJ3,is sure,that it is TREAT TIME!!!