PDA

View Full Version : Sadly Scrappy 2

catmandu
01-18-2005, 08:27 AM
Eluded capture,as he was starting,to head,into the carrier,when he suddenly ran out,and when I tried to catchhim,hebacame a Whirling Dervish,and I got scratched up.Now,he is afraid,of me,and wont come close! If I had been more patient,he would ,be at the Vets,now,instead of being,on the porch,afraid,in Arctic Cold! I feel,like a failure.

emily_the_spoiled
01-18-2005, 09:02 AM
I am sorry that Scrappy 2 didn't make it into the cage. But give him time and he will come in. Gary, you are not a failure, you are trying to give him a better life and soon he will know it. As long as he still comes around for food you have another opportunity

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-18-2005, 09:18 AM
oh.. don't feel like a failure...

and don't give up.. that little booger will come around soon..

lady_zana
01-18-2005, 10:11 AM
You are NOT a failure. You are a wonderful person with a good heart to take in and care for all the Found Cats. You have done wonderful work; this new kitty will come around.

dukedogsmom
01-18-2005, 10:14 AM
Do you have a kitty kennel you could leave out there with food in it? Maybe that would make him more willing to get in it so he could go to the vet. I'm sure you're not a failure, from what I've heard.

kuhio98
01-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Aw, Gary ~ You're not a failure. Scrappy 2 is one smart boy. Don't you worry, he'll come back after a while. He's just confused about what you're trying to do. Oh where is the Pet Psychic when you need her? If we could only explain to him that you are trying to help. Please keep us posted.

catnapper
01-18-2005, 11:17 AM
Gary, do not feel like a failure. Even the most patient person can't catch a cat that refuses to be caught. He has his own timeline for trusting you and he'll come to you and in the carrier when he's ready.

Cataholic
01-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Gary, many a cat has eluded the port-a-prison! Many! How else can Scrappy 2 maintain his existence, but to be wary of everything, even the kindness you intend. Failure? Nope. Not by a long shot.

kt_luvs_kitties
01-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Gary, like everyone said, you are NOT a failure. Little Scrappy2 will come back soon enough, ready to eat and go into the carrier for you. He will build his trust back sooner or later. I did the same thing for Buddy, my mom took him in. I tried to grab at him BEFORE he fully entered the carrier to start eating, and he got away. He was scared for about 2 days after that, but his hunger got the best of him. Now he is a happy INDOOR only kitty. So good luck, and know that we all are supporting you and praying that Scrappy2 will come around again soon:D *HUGS* Katie

jenluckenbach
01-18-2005, 03:26 PM
I can understand how you might believe that you are a failure, but it all will work out in the end. This is just a set-back, not a failure. He will still need food and he knows that you will supply it. We have all done something that in hindsight we wish we could have done differently. Your heart is in the right place. You will get him next time. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

rg_girlca
01-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Oh Gary, you are far from being a failure, you sweetie you.

I agree with everyone when they say that in due time you will be able to get Scrappy 2.:)

catmandu
01-19-2005, 08:54 AM
I should have done that,but The Animal Welfare,had a Spot,that day,and I had to catch him,that day,or the Vet,would go,tp another stray! I see him,but he styas away,and only comes out,when I ma ,in the house! Now I will have,to start all over again,just as he was meewing,at me.

Randi
01-19-2005, 09:23 AM
Gary, don't give up - and don't feel you're a failure! You have a good heart and are doing SO much for the "lost" kitties. :)

You'll get him next time! Chin up! ;)

jenluckenbach
01-19-2005, 12:43 PM
There will be another spot on another day....do not fear. Scrappy won't fear you for long, they know a good thing when they see it ;)