PDA

View Full Version : New arrival next week ;).

cloverfdx
01-18-2005, 06:38 AM
I know i pretty much never post on the "Cat side" so if you chose to ignore i wont mind.

Last week my aunty found a kitten wandering around near her house and started feeding her as she is very skinny. Well this little cat has continued to hang around and has been sleeping at my Auntys house everynight.

Now for the sad part a group if kids got a hold of her the other day and tried to kill her, kicking her and throwing her on the ground. She was bleeding and a bit dazed when my Aunty rescued her from the little monsters. When my Aunt told us what had happened to her, my Mum said we would adopt her as my Aunt does not want another cat at the moment.

So i am bringing this poor skinny medium haired Tabby home next week. she looks pretty much identicle to Yumi but with longer fur :D. She will be spayed pronto.

Ok just letting you know ;).

moosmom
01-18-2005, 07:02 AM
Cloverfdx,

I think that is wonderful that you're giving this poor little kitten a home. Keep an eye on her though. If she shows ANY signs, such as being lethargic, not eating, not using the litterbox, you'll need to get her to the vet immediately to have her checked out. God only KNOWS what kind of internal damage those miserable nasty juveniles caused. Do you know who the kids are? You might want to call the authorities and file a report.

Do you know how old she is?? Have you given her a name yet??

cloverfdx
01-18-2005, 07:14 AM
Yes she will be getting a full check up as soon as she comes home ;). Unfortunantly my aunt did not recognise the kids :(. I would say she is about 6 months old, she could be a little older. She is just precious and a realy sweet natured little girl.

I am having name "issues" at the moment. Any suggestions would be greatly apprieciated ;). Something that would go nicely with Yumi (Yu - me).

moosmom
01-18-2005, 07:16 AM
How about Sumi??

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-18-2005, 07:42 AM
awwwww

i can't wait to see pictures...

i am so glad she found you and now has a chance at living a happy life...

I like the name Tay... or something that ends in a strong "A" sound

catmandu
01-18-2005, 08:33 AM
The found Cats,are glad.that that Little Cat,has a new home.And the Children,today,seem,to have everything material,and they are so jaded,that they resort,to cruelty,for cheap thrills! Bah! A Pox,on thier houses!

catnapper
01-18-2005, 08:40 AM
It sounds like she's had a rough start to life but will end up in a wonderful place! How wonderful you are able to take her in.

No name ideas - I'm fresh out today! :D

dukedogsmom
01-18-2005, 08:46 AM
I am so glad she's getting a good home! I'd like to find the little hellions that did that to her.

shais_mom
01-18-2005, 11:58 AM
SOO happy for you!
Congratulations!!
How about pics pronto also along with getting spayed! ;)
little monster's :mad:
For some reason the name Yuli jumped in my head - I don't know I highly doubt it is even a word, just a thought.
Hey I just looked it up in my baby name book and
Yulia is a Russian form of Julia
Yuke is Japanese for snow
Yuri is Japanese for lily
Yoshi is Japanese for good and respectful
Yoko is Japanese for Jood girl
Yolie is Greek for Yolanda or violet flower

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-18-2005, 02:33 PM
I'm so glad your Aunt arrived in time to save her. Something similar happened with one of my mom's cats quite a few years ago, and by the time they arrived, it was too late for the kitty. :(

But Yumi will have a little sister! Yeah!!!

How about Mimi.

You-me and Me-mi. ;) :rolleyes: :D

jenluckenbach
01-18-2005, 03:22 PM
What horrible kids :mad: But I am so gald that she will be coming home with you.

How about Kashi? (I just kind of like that name)

jazzcat
01-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Poor kitty. That's how my Scout got into a shelter and I adopted her, someone stepped in and rescued her from two boys abusing her. It's so hard to like people sometimes.:mad:

I'm so glad you all are taking her and I can't wait to see pictures of her. Good luck with names, I have a hard time with that.

cloverfdx
01-19-2005, 09:17 AM
Thanks everyone :). And thankyou for all name suggestions i will keep them in mind. At the moment i am leaning towards Jade ,Long story, but naming her Jade would mean the world to me. My Mum suggested Maggie after her Mum, which i like.

She will be coming home possibly sunday afternoon, after i get home from camping with friends. I cannot wait.

cloverfdx
01-21-2005, 07:18 AM
Uppiedate time... :D

If all goes to plan Jade will be coming home on Sunday :D. I cannot wait, my Aunty has been feeding her well and looking after her for me.

The name Jade may or may not stay, but it is a name i hold close to my heart so it will probably stay. Yumi is fast asleep on my lap as i type, she has no idea what is to come the next few weeks ;).

I am so happy to be giving this little girl a new home and a new beginnning, she deserves it.

mina'smomma
01-21-2005, 08:10 AM
Cloverfox,

How wonderful you are to open your home to that poor dear. I hope those boys will be punished for their actions. That just breaks my heart to hear how cruel kids can be to animals. I just want to spank their bottoms for it.:mad:

You are a wonderful person to show that darling kitty how loveing a person can be.:) Kudos to you.

slleipnir
01-21-2005, 08:21 AM
Yami - darkness duno what color she is though XD

cloverfdx
01-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Thanks mina'smomma :).

Audrey she is a traditional Tabby (Big splotches ;) ). I think i am going to stick with Jade though, unless anyone came come up with something.

:D

1 Day to go.

rg_girlca
01-21-2005, 09:43 PM
I am so glad you are going to be giving this precious little one a home where she will no longer feel the wrath of those horrible, horrible kids.

Ohhhhh another tabby. I can't wait to see pictures of her.:)

kimlovescats
01-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Looking forward to meeting your new baby. Thanks for stepping in to help her out.

Kim