PDA

View Full Version : I'm really scared, I need prayers

Samantha Puppy
01-17-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm sorry if this is too much information but I'm really pretty scared at the moment.

This weekend, I came down with a bladder infection. I've had them before but I've never had one like this. I have been sleeping 14 hours a day and STILL feeling fatigued. I always feel like I have to go, even when I just went. And today, I noticed that there was blood in my urine. I called my doctor this morning (before the blood) and he called in a prescription for me but now I'm really scared because of the blood. Unfortunately, I'm phobic of hospitals and doctors so I don't want to check myself in there... My husband may have other plans. He's on his way home from work.

I am hoping I'll give it tonight on meds and that'll start helping right away. If not, I have a feeling I'll be watching the premiere of American Idol at the hospital. :( :( :( Aside from my back surgery when I was a baby, I've never been IN the hospital (admitted).

My heart is racing. Why am I such a baby?? :(

dukedogsmom
01-17-2005, 04:32 PM
Better in the hospital than six feet under! Get yourself there now! Blood in urine is not good. You need medical attention before it gets worse.

PayItForward
01-17-2005, 04:35 PM
You are not being a baby, everyone has things that they are scared of for me it is spiders. A tiny baby spider scares me silly...go figure !?!

I hope the drugs work for you and that you start to feel better very soon, with or without a hospital visit.

CamCamPup33
01-17-2005, 04:39 PM
:( I hope you feel better soon, and im sure it's nothing.

Please keep us updated, okay? {{{HUGS}}}

Sending good thoughts your way.

Amber

Tonya
01-17-2005, 04:41 PM
You poor thing! You need to take care of this right away. Bladder infections become Kidney infections. They can get sooo painful! Take good care of yourself. I hope that all goes well.

catnapper
01-17-2005, 04:43 PM
My daughter (who is only 15) gets chronic bladder infections. We have finally figured out what they are from (won't go into THAT here) and the last one hit here like a ton of bricks. She too had blood. I don't know why she had it, but the medicine cleared it up right away.

Don't sound like a baby for worrying. This is a new symptom for you, and I'd be more worried if you didn't care about it. Please go to the doctor or hispital to give yourself peace of mind.

Jods
01-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Wouldn't it be better to go get checked and get it medicated before it gets worse. Get yourself to a clinic and see whats wrong you'll feel a lot better that you did. Bladder infections SUCK I know how you feel showers and baths helped me. Its the most frustrating thing EVER though. Go get some help. You will be in my thoughts.

micki76
01-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Don't worry too much, this is quite common with either a bladder infection or a urinary tract infection. I've had a handful of both, and at times they did give me blood in my urine.

Take the antibiotics and if they gave you anything for the discomfort, take that. Usually the blood is just from the infection and the irritation that it's causing.

I was terrified the first time I had this happen. It's very scary to see blood coming from any part of your body, but I'm sure in this instance it's pretty normal. Some infections are just more severe than others.

Hope you feel better soon!

lizzielou742
01-17-2005, 06:10 PM
I get those ALL the time. My junior year in college, I got 10 - and that was just during the 9 months I was in classes! :rolleyes: And it doesn't help that I am allergic to some of the meds they prescribe for it. :rolleyes: Now I have to take cranberry and Vitamin C pills every day to try and keep them from occurring.

You should definitely get to the pharmacy ASAP and get your antibiotics - that's the ONLY way to get rid of a UTI. As soon as I even *think* I feel one coming on, I make an appointment for that same day. Better to be safe than sorry. If you let them go even a couple of days without antibiotics, they can turn into a kidney infection, which could make you tired and sick like you're describing. If you haven't gotten your antibiotics yet, try taking some AZO over-the-counter stuff to get rid of the pain until you start your antibiotics. It will turn your pee orange, but it really works to mask the pain. Also, drink a TON of water - that way, when you feel like you have to go, you actually can. Drink, drink, drink and sleep, sleep, sleep. You probably will feel relief from the meds by the morning - especially if your doc lets you take a double dose for the first dose (I always do that). Make sure to take every last pill you're prescribed, or else it will come back.

OK, I'm done with my speech now. :)

I hope you feel better really fast. I know how miserable those can be. Take care, and don't hesitate to go to the hospital if your doctor says you should.

GraciesMommy
01-17-2005, 06:30 PM
I also get chronic UTI's and have to take macrobid on a regular basis..its a pain because after awhile you get yeast infections from build up of antibiotics..so have to take something to help keep those away too.
One thing that will help you tremendously..run a warm bath and soak and let yourself pee every time you need to..sounds gross..I know..but trust me, it helps! They will not go away on their own, you have to have antibiotic..I also am at the doc office the minute one comes on...I can tell before I ever get to the gotta pee every few minutes stage..can feel it in my lower back..blood in the urine is common..infact its there even if YOU cant see it with an infection..they are not going to put you in the hospital UNLESS you go untreated and it turns into a Kidney infection and then you are putting yourself in big danger..so get treated!! And feel better!

carole
01-17-2005, 06:36 PM
My daughter who is 12 also is plagued with UTI'S and has been for over two years now.

Don't panic because you saw blood, it would scare the heck out of me also, and with my daughter it has only ever been microscopic, but like other's have said , apparently it is not necessarily anything too serious, but of course you need urgent medical care right away, so that it does not become just that serious.

Kidney stones also can cause blood in the urine so I am told, but it sounds like a very nasty UTI, please take care and you have our utmost empathy here, HUGS.

christa
01-17-2005, 06:37 PM
Oh you poor thing!

I know you must be in terrible pain! My mom has been suffering with horrible UTI's and bladder infections for the past few months . . . seems like every time she takes a trip somewhere, she gets one. I know she felt like dying a few times . . . you're no baby . . . they are rough and I hope you get to feeling better!

You're in my prayers. :) Keep us updated!

luvofallhorses
01-17-2005, 06:44 PM
oh you are not alone I have had a bladder infenction too and it sucked I couldn't go horseback riding the day i was supposed to cause of it I would rather have missed it than went with the bladder infenction please get medical attention ASAP before it gets worse! let us know how you are doing, please.

NoahsMommy
01-17-2005, 06:51 PM
You poor thing. :( Hugs to you....UTI's hurt.

You're probably tired from worry/fear and/or getting too much sleep. 14 hours may be too much for you.

I think the antibiotics will help you a lot. Drink a ton of water and cranberry juice tonight and it'll hurt less when you pee tomorrow. If your doctor gives you a 'sulfa' drug, your urine will turn red, but that shows its gone to the right place.

Take care and let us know how you are, OK?

:)

Samantha Puppy
01-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Thank you for the prayers everyone. My husband left work early and took me to get my medication and I started it last night. I no longer feel like I constantly need to go and it doesn't hurt nearly as bad when I do. Guess I averted the hospital this time.

Really appreciate the sympathy and thoughts.

Jaime

ramanth
01-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Hope the medicine works swiftly and that you'll be better soon. :)

lv4dogs
01-18-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm glad your feeling better, but just a warning for next time, get yourself checked in.
I too am afraid of hospitals, and had a UTI a few years back. The doctors goofed up & kept giving me wrong meds or mis-diagnosing the exact problem.
So it went from a UTI, to a bladder infection to a kidney infection. I was very very sick. This went on for a few weeks, going back to the doctors every few days. The last 4-5 days were so bad that I was at the doctors 3 times a day, they finally admitted me to the hospital, which is where I found out I had a kidney infection. So bad that if I didn't get the hospital I would of only been alive for 1-3 more days tops.

Hope things keep getting better!

cookieluver7
01-18-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm glad you are doing better!:D