PDA

View Full Version : I would just like to say...

Tonya
01-17-2005, 04:10 PM
I AM SO SICK OF SCARVES!

This trend is so out of hand. I was just at the grocery store and there wasn't a single woman or girl without a scarf. They're freakin' everywhere! And what is most annoying about them is when people use them only as a fashion statement, not for warmth. Like a tiny tank top and a scarf. AHHHHHHH!

Amber
01-17-2005, 04:34 PM
i know what you mean! Scarves arnt popular here, but Etnies, (the shoes) are. It drives me nuts because I had them before they became a trend, and everygirl has the same ones as me. oh well.

CamCamPup33
01-17-2005, 04:36 PM
I always wear scarves! :o I think they're cute. Well, i WORE scarves in TN only because i was cold. I didn't wear one when it was hot outside. :p

I think the same thing is happening with the Livestrong bands. :(

PJ's Mom
01-17-2005, 04:38 PM
It's good to see you here, Tonya. :D

Amber
01-17-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
I think the same thing is happening with the Livestrong bands. :(

those are popular here too..

RICHARD
01-17-2005, 04:56 PM
You scared me...

For a second there I thought you were gonna start complaining about little tank tops.:eek:

GraciesMommy
01-17-2005, 06:41 PM
LOL @ Richard...you crack me up...

I am not a scarf person either but while we are on the trend subject...the one that drives me up a wall is those stupid toboggans that they wear in the freakin summer! Now that is totally crazy...a winter toboggan in the 100 degree weather..what is wrong with them??

Tonya
01-17-2005, 06:52 PM
What are toboggans? Are those the Ugg boots? If they are, I'm sick of them too! I don't like fashion statements that are useless. A miniskirt and tiny shirt with some nice warm snow boots and a scarf make no sense to me!

NoahsMommy
01-17-2005, 06:56 PM
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE scarves!!! I wear them to work every day when its cold...which means every day since November!! I have about six or seven of them.

They are warm and they really dress you up. I find them classy. Especially the Burberry one my mom got for Christmas. I'm so jealous!!

My favorite gift (from myself) was a black cashmere scarf from Banana Republic for Christmas. I'd wear it every day if I could.

As my mom says, 'that's why they make different flavors of jell-o"!

;)

GraciesMommy
01-17-2005, 06:58 PM
Toboggans are those knit hats (kinda like a ski hat) but they wear them in the summer time for "looks"

RICHARD
01-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

;)

I usually wear Jello on my shirts.;)

Tonya
01-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE scarves!!! I wear them to work every day when its cold...which means every day since November!! I have about six or seven of them.

They are warm and they really dress you up. I find them classy. Especially the Burberry one my mom got for Christmas. I'm so jealous!!

My favorite gift (from myself) was a black cashmere scarf from Banana Republic for Christmas. I'd wear it every day if I could.

;)

AHHHHHH! You're one of THEM!
;)

catnapper
01-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Oh yeah I agree with yopu! And those big furry boots that make people look like the missing link! Especially when they are PINK! What the heck are they thinking?!

MariaM
01-17-2005, 09:06 PM
Haha. I wear a scarf everyday. But you would too if you had the weather we do:p

aki
01-17-2005, 09:36 PM
I like a scarf way better than a poncho! LOL Every girl you see in MI has a poncho on. But then, I have never been to trendy.

cloverfdx
01-18-2005, 12:26 AM
No scarves here today ;).

i know what you mean! Scarves arnt popular here, but Etnies, (the shoes) are. It drives me nuts because I had them before they became a trend, and everygirl has the same ones as me. oh well.
I cannot get etnies anywhere :( *pouts*. I treked 2 hours around the city yesterday looking for them but not one single shop was in stock *Wahhh*.

CathyBogart
01-18-2005, 02:17 AM
I got my first scarf this year....my boyfriend's mom made it for me...Since I just cut my hair, it keeps my neck from freezing. I love the thing!

luckies4me
01-18-2005, 02:55 AM
I went shopping today for a scarf but I couldn't find one. It's so cold here and with my hair short now, I kind of need one. I don't think there is anything wrong with them if you wear them for what they are intended for, keeping you warm. I know what you are talking about though Tonya. There is a local bar here called the Indigo District. I swear, EVERYONE there has a frickin scarf, and yes, most of the girls are wearing itty bitty skirts!:rolleyes:

Jods
01-18-2005, 08:41 AM
I have a long warm pink scarf for warmth though. Especially today -35 ahhhhhhh I'm freezing!

Barbara
01-18-2005, 08:53 AM
I love scarves but I don't wear them with a tank top;)

Tonya
01-18-2005, 09:59 AM
The poncho trend was mainly last spring and summer, I don't see those around as much. But the scarves, oh the scarves! It gets to be 110 F here in the summer, I sure hope those trendy girls aren't still wearing them then!

NoahsMommy
01-18-2005, 11:01 AM
For Tonya's benefit:

My outfit today....

Pale pink pants with a tiny darker pink and a tiny black pinstripe.
White fitted t-shirt
Black cashmere scarf

The scarft honestly completes the look and brings my fitted tee and my dress pants together.

Not all scarves are bad. ;)

carole
01-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Not a trend here Tonya, only older women(Older than me lol) and woman of a religious faith wear them here, there was a time years back when they were a fashion statement, but not now.

However the poncho trend is here this summer and for winter probably, we are likely a season behind, but NZ does tend to follow European trends rather than american, or maybe a bit of both.:) it would appear.

catland
01-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Oh yeah I agree with yopu! And those big furry boots that make people look like the missing link! Especially when they are PINK! What the heck are they thinking?!

umm - I got a pair for Christmas and I like them.:eek: :p Of course, if its any consolation, I'm almost 50 and whenever someone my age finally decides that something is fashionable - it is definately on its way out.:eek: ;)