PDA

View Full Version : Rut-roh

catnapper
01-17-2005, 02:09 PM
MY daughter told us last night that she can;t swallow because her throat hurts so much. Then she proceeds to tell us that its hurt since BEFORE Christmas. (why in the world did she wait a month to let us know she was hurting?) and she tells us she has constant headaches, no energ, etc. We have a doctor's appointment in an hour.... wish us luck thats its not anything serious like mono. Perhaps strep?

flamepony12
01-17-2005, 02:39 PM
uh oh, I hope she's okay! keep us posted!

cookieluver7
01-17-2005, 02:40 PM
Oh no!!! I hope everything is all right. Please let us know.

petslover
01-17-2005, 02:53 PM
I hope everything is okay with your daughter.

buckner
01-17-2005, 03:44 PM
It could've started out as strep (and may very well be strep) but I was always told never to go a few days after it starts hurting IF the pain gets worse and such... for fear it would turn to Mono. :(

I hope she's okay and it's not too serious!

Logan
01-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Sounds like Mono, for sure. I remember the horrible strep throat that marked the onset of mine. Those were some tough weeks of recovery, but I survived it.

Hope she will feel better soon.

kimlovescats
01-17-2005, 04:25 PM
Prayers and get well wishes!;)

Tonya
01-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Ut-oh! I hope that it isn't anything serious! Let us know!

catnapper
01-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Diagnosis: Mono.:(

She was negative for strep, and has every symptom of Mono. We decided to forgo the blood test to determine if it is mono because A) our poor excuse for insurance won't cover the cost and B) even if it is determined to officially be Mono (which the doctor is 99% sure thats what it is) there's no meds to take outside ibuprofin and lots of rest, vitamins, and juice. The doctor said to go about calling it mono and if she gets worse instead of better in the next week to return and they will do the blood test then.

moosmom
01-17-2005, 06:06 PM
Kim,

Smart move. If the doctor feels it IS mono and there's really nothing you can do except rest, liquids, etc. then you've saved yourself ALOT of money. I know how tough it can be not to have insurance, or to have a sorry excuse for an insurance company that finds any and every reason NOT to cover something.

Tell your daughter to feel better, drink lots of fluids and REST!!! (You too, Kim!)

(((hugs)))
Donna

kimlovescats
01-17-2005, 06:08 PM
Oh dear, Kim. You are right .... to forego the testing ... I had Mono for months in high school ... they probably tested me a dozen times and still no positive results. Doctor said that it is often inconclusive on blood tests. The proof is in my enlarged spleen.:rolleyes:

GraciesMommy
01-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Hope she feels better soon!

BitsyNaceyDog
01-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Oh no, I hope she feels better soon.:(
My sister had Mono 2 years ago.:(

Harmanie
01-17-2005, 10:39 PM
tell her to get better soon. I have a confession though, Your daughter isn't the only one that waits to say if they are sick or not. I to do this all the time. I don't know why but my thinking is that if its not hurting in a week then I'm fine, but if it is, then I tell my mums. She doesn't like it ether. Wooops.