PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please...Bailey is sick :(

Sevens
01-16-2005, 05:52 PM
I know I don't post on here that often. Life gets so hectic and I usually just have a chance to read what everybody says.

Anyway, I really need some Pet Talk prayers right now. Bailey has been sick since this morning. She keeps vomiting, she vomited 10 times this morning before we took her to the Emergency Vet.

They said her temperature is fine, that she is dehydrated. I don't know that they found anything funny in the bloodwork, I am guessing they would have told me if they did. They needed to put her on IV fluids. I was told to leave her there, which was 1PM and they would call me at 9PM.

I did call to check on her around 6pm. They said she had vomited "numerous" times since I left her there, but she is still "talkative" and the staff is falling in love with her.

Maybe this is nothing serious, nothing more than a stomach flu or something. Definitely not as serious as some things that have happened to the wonderful pets on this board.

But she is my heart dog, my baby, my Bailey-girl. I feel like my world will shatter if she doesn't get better. I can't stop crying.

So please, please, I would really appreciate it if you could pray for my Bailey. Thank you.

Hugs,
Stephanie

Lexi_Lover
01-16-2005, 06:03 PM
I hope you feel better soon Bailey and that it is nothing serious! I'm glad you took her to the vet!

I would expect Bailey would get along well well with everyone! LOL!

KYS
01-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Sending many good thoughts that Bailey will be ok.
Please keep us updated on your baby.

sammy101
01-16-2005, 06:11 PM
Bailey please get better soon!:)
hugs and prayers for Bailey

countrycowgirl
01-16-2005, 06:12 PM
sending lots of prayers and good thoughts your way!
(((((((((hugs))))))))))

flamepony12
01-16-2005, 06:16 PM
you and Bailey will be in my thoughts and prayers. :(

luvofallhorses
01-16-2005, 06:28 PM
get well soon, Bailey!! {{{hugs}}}

Sevens
01-16-2005, 06:32 PM
thank you all so much.

(((hugs))))

I'll let you all know what happens. Hopefully the vet should call in another 30mins or hour.

Lexi_Lover
01-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Hope you can keep us posted and updated!

Kfamr
01-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Oh no Stephanie! :(
{{Hugs to you and sweet Bailey}}
I'll be thinking of you all.
I am glad to see you post, though!

delidog
01-16-2005, 07:12 PM
Oh Sweet Bailey!!!!
Please get better soon!!!

You are in my thoughts & Prayers!!!

Please keep us updated!!

lizbud
01-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Prayers on the way for sweet Bailey. I hope they can get
this situation turned around. It's good she was seen
quickly. Feel better soon sweetie.

GraciesMommy
01-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Feel better, Bailey!!

wolf_Q
01-16-2005, 09:15 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this!! I really hope that it's nothing serious and Bailey will be fine. I'll keep her in my thoughts!

4 Dog Mother
01-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Prayers and good thoughts come yours and Bailey's way!

shais_mom
01-16-2005, 11:20 PM
prayers on the way
It's past midnite with no update..... :(

captain
01-16-2005, 11:23 PM
{{hugs}}} to you and Bailey

Let us know ..........

BCBlondie
01-17-2005, 12:41 AM
Poor baby! :( I hope she feels better soon. I will keep her in my thoughts.

Sevens
01-17-2005, 06:30 AM
Well, she seemed to be doing good last night. She was chipper when we went to pick her up. The ER vet said he might want to keep her overnite, but it just cost too damn much. We had already spend $400. I felt that we should spend the rest of what we have on her normal vet, they are top of the line, but don't cost quite as much as the ER vet.

Anyway, she seemed fine when we picked her up. She seemed happy to be home. Since 11PM, she did tinkle and do one poo, but she has still thrown up about 4 times since then.
It's all bile that she is throwing up. She won't even drink water.

I've called into work (I'd be no good to them anyway right now), so her vet opens up in 15mins, so I'll be taking her this morning.

Please keep praying for her. I ran out of tears yesterday, now I am just determined that she is going to pull through this.

joycenalex
01-17-2005, 06:43 AM
so what did the er vets do for her? and when is the regular vets' appointment? paw prayers going up

fritz03
01-17-2005, 06:48 AM
Sorry to hear about you Bailey.fritz and i hope you get better soon,so you and your owners can have fun and play with you.

Logan
01-17-2005, 08:10 AM
Stephanie, check in when you can after you have her seen at your regular vet. I think you probably did the right thing bringing her home for that short while. We will say a prayer that the nausea will subside and that Bailey will be all better!!

Keep us posted.
Logan

Sevens
01-17-2005, 08:16 AM
I just got back from the regular vets.

First of all, the ER vets yesterday put her on IV fluids. They also gave her a shot of antibiotics and a shot of anti-nausea medication. They did this for 8 hours yesterday.

Then I took her to the regular vet this morning. She was Miss Waggy Tail when she got there, cause she loves her vets, it is like going to Disneyworld for her. She was very serious once we got back in the room. We had a serious discussion about how she needs to stop throwing up and she's too young to be leaving me, and how much we all love her..... Then the vet came in and Bailey actually jumped up on her and licked her. Good signs, I think. Then she just sort of plonked down on the floor.

The vet and I discussed the bloodwork from the ER vets. She said nothing looks terribly off, but she wants to run more extensive bloodwork on her to make absolutely sure it's not kidney problems or poison. She also wants to do Xrays to rule out an obstruction. They are going to call me at 2:30 pmEST.

My parents are beautiful wonderful people. I talked to my mom twice this morning and she said "Just get Bailey better, don't worry about the money." You know, I didn't think I had anymore tears left, but I cried when she told me this. I love them so much....

So, I am just waiting right now. I'm eating breakfast, but it might as well be sawdust. I haven't eaten since Saturday. I'm only eating because I am diabetic and it would do Bailey no good if I got really sick myself.

Again, thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. I am blessed to have found such wonderful caring people.

Kfamr
01-17-2005, 08:20 AM
I'll be thinking of you and Bailey!
As well as Guinness and Brian.

{{more hugs}}

You parents sound wonderful. :)
Please remember to take care of yourself as well.. Bailey and Guinness both need their mommy! :)

anna_66
01-17-2005, 08:52 AM
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that Bailey hasn't been feeling well. I hope that your vet can find out what the problem is and take care of it asap and get her home to her wonderful family:)

{{{HUGS}}} and prayers coming your way.

PJ's Mom
01-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Awww. :(

Peej and Bailey are sending prayers for your Bailey to get well soon. :)

dukedogsmom
01-17-2005, 09:45 AM
Aren't good parents wonderful? Duke got really sick(sounded similar to this but not as much throwing up) with pancreatitus. You might want them to check for that because it sounds just like what Duke had. Anyway, he stayed at the vet for almost a week and it was close to $1,000. My parents paid for it. They love Duke almost as much as I do. So, I'm really hoping Bailey gets better soon. I sure know how you feel as Duke is my heart dog, as well. I begged him on the way to the vet not to die, that it was too soon. Let us know what the vet says.

ramanth
01-17-2005, 09:51 AM
I hope the source of Bailey's illness is found soon so she can be healed! Healing vibes for Bailey sent.

Tina
01-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Sending good thoughts for Bailey!

shais_mom
01-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Prayers on the way for you!
I started to cry reading what you said about you're parents!
hugs to all

Sevens
01-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Good news!

Well, the vet called, said they did xrays and might have found an obstruction. They said they were going to do a barium study, basically like Milk of Magnesia with radiation in it and see where it went in her intestines.

I called Mom to tell her and she said...did you check that poop she did last night at midnight? I told her I had looked at it, what size or color, etc...So I went outside.........this part is gross......I started to pull the poop apart. Luckily, it's 25 degrees out right now, so it was mostly almost frozen.

I found some sort of material in it..like cloth or cotton but it was all bunched together.I showed it Brian and he screamed...Oh no! Don't you use tampons?

So, we called the vet and told them we think that is what it was. The only type tampon I was using was the smallest ones, like Juniors size. I think she may have found an unused one in my purse. And there was a good amount of the tampon in that poop.

The vet called back and thanked me for doing what I did, that now she knows how to treat her. She said she has seen a lot of dogs in her practice who have done the same thing. Bailey may not need surgery, she has slowed way down on her vomiting. They think the barium stuff for the Xray may help her to pass it out If not, she may need surgery, but at least it would be a simple enough surgery.

I am so relieved but so mad at myself. Why was I so d**n stupid? I should have stored those things just like I store poisons.......I'm throwing all the rest of them out so she can never get into anything like that again.

Gawd....you know, usually those things cost 25 cents in a dispenser in the bathroom...this one has cost me $700 and about 10 years off my life! But I am so happy....my baby willl be OK.

Thank you so much for all your prayers and concerns. It really helped Brian and I alot while we didn't know what was going on. Actually I feel really bad right now that all of you wonderful people were praying for Bailey and she ate a tampon, which is all my fault for even having them in the house.

*going to go curl up and hide under the bed covers for a month*

captain
01-17-2005, 06:40 PM
Thank goodness you figured out what it was ........ even tho it was gross :p

Happy healing Bailey sweetheart ......

senorita02
01-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Oh thank goodness Bailey will be alright, stuff like this happens when u have pets, just be grateful ( i know u are) that u found out and Bailey will be ok. :D

sabies
01-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Glad everything has turned out alright. Bailey don't eat gross things!!

Sevens
01-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Well, Bailey is home right now. Can't talk long, computer is upstairs and she is downstairs.

The vet did the barium xrays. The barium stuff passed all the way through her system, so that may mean that she doesn't have an obstruction. Or it may mean she has a partial obstruction.

The vet is concerned because not all the barium stuff went all the way through. Some of it was still in her stomach when it should have all been in her intestines and colon.

So, we are taking her again to the vet first thing tomorrow. They will finish the barium xray then and decide if she needs exploratory surgery or not

She has only thrown up three times today, once before she left the vet and twice since she's been home. But we are talking only a tablespoon or two of bile, not lots like before. And she did drink some water and held it down for at least two hours, so that's good too.

So, please keep praying for her. I hope she doesn't have to have surgery, but I will do anything to get my Bailey-girl back to being her old self.

((((((hugs))))) to you all, you are such awesome caring people. :)

Kfamr
01-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Oh poor Bailey... Guinness must be laughing at you for what's been causing all of this!

Poor girl! Atleast she's home, and i'm sure a lot happier there. Still thinking of you all!

Queen of Poop
01-17-2005, 09:35 PM
Prayers and good thoughts to you and Bailey. I am glad that she is getting better. Who would have thought that she would have gotten into such a thing. It is a good reminder to all of us pet owners to take a second look around and ensure that our babies can't get into ANYTHING!!

lovemyshiba
01-17-2005, 11:27 PM
Glad to hear Bailey's home--I hope she continues to get better, and that the obstruction is completely gone.

Keep us updated about her vet visit tomorrow, and I will be keeping her in my prayers.

wolf_Q
01-17-2005, 11:46 PM
Oh no Bailey! This is embarassing to admit, but Nebo ate a used pad once, he got it out of the garbage. :o He threw it up though, luckily...that was sooooooooooo gross!

I'm glad she's home and hopefully she will be feeling much better soon!

bckrazy
01-18-2005, 12:35 AM
:( aw, silly Bailey! why do dogs eat these things?...

praying that she doesn't have to go into surgery ^^

delidog
01-18-2005, 04:44 AM
Aww..Thank Dog she'll be alright!!!!

Dogs will Eat Anything!!!!

Feel Better Bailey!!!

dukedogsmom
01-18-2005, 07:47 AM
Why do they insist on eating things like this? It was kind of funny reading it. I do hope Bailey doesn't have to have surgery, though. Poor doggie. Give her a hug from me.

Sevens
01-18-2005, 09:00 AM
Bad news...

Bailey will be going into surgery at 1PM EST. The doctor says the barium is just not draining from her stomach into her intestines properly. She thinks the tampon may be lodged in the duodenum, which I think is the part that goes from the stomach to the intestine.

I hate being at work right now, but there is no other place for me to be. I don't have enough leave time. Maybe I can take it as sick time, I'll have to ask my boss. She has two pitbulls and a pomeranian of her own, so maybe she'll take pity on me and loan me some leave time.

Anyway, the surgery is to be performed by the owner of the practice, Dr. Kuhn at Cary Street Veterinary Hospital. She is a top of the line vet, very caring. She said that they will probably have to keep her tonite. If the surgery is simple enough, Bailey will stay there tonite and Dr. Kuhn will go check on her a few times. I can probably go visit her as they do stay open until 8PM.

I've already called my dad to tell him the surgery will be $1500. We've already spent $800 on the ER vet and the regular vet yesterday. He said not to worry about the money and to call him after the procedure is done.

I am such a bad mom....I just want to shoot myself right now.:(

anna_66
01-18-2005, 09:10 AM
Oh I'm sorry to hear that Baily is going to have to undergo the surgery after all:(
Prayers being said that all goes fine.

What wonderful parents you have:)

shais_mom
01-18-2005, 11:32 AM
you certainly are not a bad mom!
Accidents happen!
This was out of you're control. It can happen to any one of us.
Keegan ate a nylon sock of my Grandma's when she was a puppy. I was just fortunate that it went all the way thru with no problems.
{{hugs to all}}

Queen of Poop
01-18-2005, 11:41 AM
I am sorry she has to have surgery. You are NOT a bad mom. It was simply an accident, and look at all you are doing to make her well. I hope it goes well and she is back to normal very soon. Prayers and good wishes from my furkids and I.

Sevens
01-18-2005, 12:10 PM
Thank you for saying that.

I just still feel like this is all my fault, like I should've known better. But then part of me thinks....this was the first time ever I have used tampons and I am almost 28 years old. I never thought Bailey would get into them.

I should've known better....

She goes into surgery within the next 20 mins. Please keep up the prayers.

I'm so scared...:(

Dot
01-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Prayers for Bailey, and kudos to your parents for helping financially. They are great to do that!

Dot :-)

ChrisH
01-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Oh, Stephanie, I have only just seen this! Please don't blame yourself. It is just how some dogs are and you can't think of everything. Bob has, and still does, eat all sorts of things, it really is a wonder he has avoided having to have surgery like Bailey up to now.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts for Bailey. And big hugs for you and Brian.

Chris

Sevens
01-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Well, she is out of surgery. It was a bit more bad than they had thought.

They pulled not a tampon, but a pad out her. It was partially in the stomach and the rest was bunching up 2 to 3 feet of her intestines. Her intestines were bruised.

They have her on 2 IV antibiotics, painkiller, and steroid to ward off shock. They also have her on fluids.

Brian and I have to go after work to transport her back to the ER vet so she can be monitored through the night. Then I go first thing in the morning to transport her back to the regular vet. Provided she makes it through the night and morning ok, I should hopefully have her home tomorrow afternoon.

So right now, I am on the phone getting an estimate from the ER vet. My boss has said she will work with me as far as time off is concerned.

I will keep you updated. Thank you so much for your prayers!

lidlelou
01-18-2005, 02:41 PM
I hope that everything is going well. Poor Bailey, you are all in my prayers. My furbabies send get well kisses. You are not a BAD MOMMY, you are doing everything in your power to help her, now that's a great MOM! I'm sure she knows how loved she is. Keep us posted on her condition.

bckrazy
01-18-2005, 03:07 PM
I hope Bailey recovers well.. that bill sounds horrible, your parents are so nice! she sounds like a pretty young and healthy dog so I'm sure she will be fine :)

you're NOT bad mom, you are an awesome mom for doing all of this for her, and that could've happened to any of us!

Sevens
01-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Well, the day just keeps getting worse and worse. Now we have to tap dance with the credit cards on paying the bill because my parents are tied up right now and can't call the bank....because my grandparents got in a car accident this morning. And we have to have the $950 before we take Bailey from the regular vet to the ER vet.

They didn't want to tell me because they knew my head was tied up in Bailey and her surgery today.

Thank god they are ok, but they are trying to deal with all that from my grandparents, plus my mom was watching my uncle's 4 kids today.

shutterbug0303
01-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Oh geez! So much going on with you. I hope Bailey hangs on tight tonight. A lot of rest and gentle love. {{{hugs}}} to you, Bailey, and your family while you guys are dealing with everything.

Lexi_Lover
01-18-2005, 03:36 PM
HOLD ON IN THERE BAILEY!

I have my hat off to you for doing so well through this whole procedure Stephanie! You are not a bad mommy, everybody blames themselves sometimes when it really isn't your fault! It's ok!

I hope everything will take the recovery road...for EVERYBODY...your grand-parents, your parents, you and of course for Bailey!

I send even more prayers to you! I wish I could help...maybe some of us Pet Talk people could send you some donations...I am ALL up for that!

Sevens
01-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Oh, my god, you are such a sweet person. We will get by with tap dancing with the credit cards, or kiting a check, whatever we have to do....hell, my dad could probably withdraw cash and drive it up here, we are two hours drive from them.

While I appreciate the thought of donations, we don't need donations, but we do need prayers and positive vibes.

(((HUGS)) to you all!

caseysmom
01-18-2005, 03:58 PM
My daughter wants to be a vet, I can't imagine her every being able to say you can't have your dog till we have the money. I guess they have to do that but it seems like they could give you a payment plan...even an autopayment from a credit card.

molucass
01-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Sending healing vibes to Bailey, and prayers to you for your sweet girl. I hope every thing works out.

Sevens
01-18-2005, 07:21 PM
We got her all set up at the ER vets...they are one block up the street from my regular vet. They will provide overnite constant care for her tonite.

I couldn't stop crying when I saw her, I felt so bad. I have pretty much promised her anything she wants (short of her having her own car) provided she gets better.

I sang to her and petted her and cried on her soft ears.

I did take some pictures of her at the ER vet, but I am a bit too exhausted right now to post them. Plus, we do need to pay attention to Guinness, he's a little lost without her right now. Also, we may get snow tomorrow or the day after, so I need to go to the grocery store and get everything I will need for Bailey, mainly white rice and fresh chicken to boil.

((Hugs)) to you all. I'll keep you updated.

captain
01-18-2005, 07:30 PM
Oh Boy ......... I was really hoping it was all OK.

So sorry to hear about her going to the ER vet, and being operated on.......... but glad she is OUT, safe and sound ....

{{{hugs]}}} to you ...... and Guiness .....

K9soul
01-18-2005, 07:30 PM
I am just now seeing this, and I can tell you by the time I was halfway through the thread, I had tears running down my cheeks. I can so imagine what you are going through, and although I know how natural it is to blame ourselves for these things, I can only repeat that you are NOT a bad mom. A bad mom would not care and would just let it go. We ALL make mistakes or overlook things, I can think of a couple things off the top of my head that I did without thinking that caused problems with the pups.

The one that hits closest to home so to speak would be a couple years ago when I was out in the yard with the dogs. I was checking the plants in the garden and not really watching the dogs. I looked up to see Tommy chowing down on moldy old grass clippings from the compost bin :eek:. A day later he got horribly ill. I won't go into the details but it was a mess, and he very nearly underwent surgery as well. The bill was around $500 and he stayed at the vet's for 4-5 days. What a nightmare it was, and I was terrified that I would lose him. Of course I blamed myself, like you blame yourself now. It's hard not to, but you are far from a bad Momma.

Bailey will most definitely be in my thoughts and prayers, and you too. Lots of {{{HUGS}}} to you.

dukedogsmom
01-18-2005, 08:18 PM
I'm I thought things were looking up for you and Bailey. I know they'll take really good care of her. You about made me cry when you were talking about singing to her and all. Hang in there. Bailey will get better and you'll be much better after that. I couldn't be a vet because I'd never be able to deny service because of a money issue.

sabies
01-18-2005, 09:30 PM
So sorry things turned out getting worse but now I hope they will start to get better. You are not a bad mom. Sadie had high anxiety when she was younger and ate multiple pads as well as lots of other things that could have done damage and that I never imagined she would chew on. You can't foresee all dangers and fortunately things usually don't turn into a medical emergency.

LOTS of good thoughts and well wishes heading your way. Bailey get well soon!

captain
01-18-2005, 10:02 PM
I just thought I would add this ........

When Captain was little he ate 2 socks and I didn't see it happen!!!
One he vomited up .......... and the other came out the other end (luckily!!!) We had him xrayed just in case tho ..... :rolleyes:

So, if you think you are a bad mother, then so am I!!!

{{{{HUGS}}}}}
Michelle

Sevens
01-19-2005, 05:36 AM
Wanted to give you all an update. I just woke up and called the ER vet.

He said that Bailey is actually up, alert, and walking. He said her stats look good and she's peed for them. He also said they are in love with Bailey, that she has been a complete doll for them.

Last night was the first time in three nights that I got any real sleep, so I do feel better today.

I even talked to my dad last night and I told him that I will pay them back the money we borrowed for surgery. I thanked him and Mom for basically saving Bailey's life. I told him that even if I repaid him the money 10 times over, I would never REALLY be able to repay him.

Thanks again for all your prayers and well wishes, I really think they made the difference.

(((Hugs)) and I'll keep you updated today.

Rachel
01-19-2005, 06:46 AM
I am so glad that they were able to diagnose the situation in time, although the time it took must have seemed like an eternity. Good for your mom having the presence of mind to suggest checking his poop. Bailey should be just fine. My Tucker had to have a similar surgery when he was at his previous home. His obstruction contained dental floss and candy wrappers. That was five years ago and he hasn't had any aftereffects. He still searches waste paper baskets, so we have to be careful not to put anything in the ones that he can reach which might be tempting.

Sevens
01-19-2005, 07:22 AM
SHE'S GONNA BE OK!

I picked her up this morning at the ER vet. I have never been so happy that she was pulling on the leash! It's like when I snapped on the leash, she was like "LET'S GO!" and was pulling me out the door!

Then when we got to the regular vet, she pulled me in the door there. Dr. Kuhn said "Miss Bailey come here!" and Bailey pulled me over to Dr. Kuhn. Then Dr. Kuhn petted her and Bailey started her whining and groaning, talking like she does and Dr. Kuhn said "She's saying--GIMMEE SOME FOOD!"

All the girls came out from behind the counter and were petting Bailey and giving her kisses. And as the vet tech was walking her back to the treatment area to monitor her, I noticed, she has her happy trot back.

I am sooooo happy! I hope I'll be able to take her home tonite. Then it will be the next few days on boiled chicken and rice, but I'm sure she'll love that. :D

Logan
01-19-2005, 07:33 AM
What a roller coaster ride you have been on for a few days. I'm so sorry that you and Bailey have had to go through this, but I'm happy that you have a loving family who understands and is willing to help. This morning's report sounds terrific!!!!! :D

Hugs to both of you. She's going to be just fine!!!! :D

Queen of Poop
01-19-2005, 08:24 AM
I'm so happy to read that she is going to be ok!!! Take good care of her mom. :)

ChrisH
01-19-2005, 03:06 PM
Great news! :D I am so happy to hear that Bailey is well on the way back to full health. :)

Hugs
Chris

Lexi_Lover
01-19-2005, 04:16 PM
SO glad that Bailey's gonna be ok! Aren't you glad we all posted our prayers! I hope you feel better soon sweetheart! She must have taken you on a long trip through that mess.......so what are you gonna give her for ebing such a good girl and making it through surgery! :D ;) :p

K9soul
01-19-2005, 04:18 PM
What a WONDERFUL update! Yay!!! :D :D . I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers that she stays on track with recovery. Give her a kiss from me please! :)

Rachel
01-19-2005, 07:33 PM
Just checking in to see if Bailey has made it home tonight. She will sleep well back in the fold and with all systems working.

Kfamr
01-19-2005, 07:51 PM
Wooohoo!!

Go Bailey! I'm grinning from ear to ear for both you and Bailey, Stephanie!!

Hugs to both of you special girls. :D

Sevens
01-20-2005, 07:08 PM
Bailey came home with us last night. She has been doing very well today.

The vet put her on a Hill's Prescription G/I wet dog food for the next few days. Bailey completed her first can today, along with antibiotics and Rimadyl for the pain.

She is definitely starting to be her old self. She looks a bit more perky and she's starting to be stubborn again.

I stayed home with her today. My boss completely understood and was ok with everything. I guess I'll figure out with her tomorrow about how we are going to do the leave time thing, but I had to be with Bailey today.

I've decided that next Friday when I get paid, Brian and I are going to buy a big cookie tray, flower arrangement, and nice card for our vet to thank them and the staff for saving Bailey's life.

Also, I want to thank all of you for your prayers. I really think they have made the difference with her outcome. I know I don't post that often, I'm much more of a lurker, but I have decided that will change in the months ahead. I really would've lost my mind if not for your support. It is nice to know that there are such wonderful people in this world and I have truly found my home on the Internet.

((Hugs to you all))

Love,
Stephanie, Brian, Bailey, and Guinness

cloverfdx
01-20-2005, 07:19 PM
*Happy tears* I am so happy to hear sweet Baily is home and safe. Sending lots of get well wishes Baileys way.

{{Hugs}} PT prayers do work.

fritz03
01-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Fritz and I glad to hear Bailey is doing fine.Keep up the recovery and you'll be back to your old self in no time.

Dot
01-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Wonderful news! Bailey's experience has made lots of people aware how very easily something like that can happen! I'm so glad it had a happy ending!

Dot :-)

Aspen and Misty
01-20-2005, 08:55 PM
O no! I just saw this thread! I was so worried as I got further reading. I am so glad Bailey is fine. Please give her a hug and a kiss from me!

::hugs:: to you, you are the best parent Bailey could ask for! And bless your parents, what careing people!

Ashley