PDA

View Full Version : Thought I would share a easy cat treat recipe...

kt_luvs_kitties
01-16-2005, 04:48 PM
I bought a homemade Kitty cat treat recipe book a little while back, and my kitties adore them. They are so easy to make, and I usually have most of the ingredients around my house. I will post a couple today.. If anyone tries them, please let me know the turnout:D

Tuna Cookies

2 cups flour
1 cup wheat germ
1 tsp. catnip
3 tbls. vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup flaked tuna ( I use bumble bee, or solid white starkist)

Beat egg. add oil. Beat again. Add tuna (drain tuna a little, just leave a little bit of juice). Blend together. Slowly add wheat germ and catnip. Slowly add flour, mixing as you go. After mixing well, Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll out 1/4 inch thick and cut into shapes. Place onto greased cookie sheet 1 inch apart and bake for around 15 minutes at 350 degrees until firm. Let cool for 30 minutes.
* store them in an airtight container in a cool place like the refrigerator *
They last about 2 months out of the refrigerator. In the refrigerator about 4 months.

My kitties go biserk over these cookies:

Soft Baby food cookies:

3 -2 1\2 oz jars of baby food ( chicken or liver)
1/4 cup cream of wheat
1/4 cup powdered milk
1 teaspoon of catnip

combine all ingredients in bowl. Mix well. Roll into small balls. Place them onto a well greased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with fork with a criss cross motion. Bake them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes until slightly brown. Cool for around 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. *they do not store for a very long time, mine never stored for longer than 2 weeks*

If you all have seen these recipes before I am sorry. I just know that I love making homemade goodies for the kitties. Enjoy:D

sirrahbed
01-16-2005, 04:59 PM
I will try one of these!! I do not have wheat germ or powdered milk (or baby food!!) right now but will get some - probably try the tuna biscuits.

catmandu
01-17-2005, 09:15 AM
i,Sadly am not much of a cook,although they do like,the Tuna Helper.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-17-2005, 09:30 AM
I never baked any cookies for my cats. Maybe they would like them, but most ingredients are not available here :(