PDA

View Full Version : Whose a twin?

animal_rescue
01-16-2005, 10:25 AM
I was just wondering, I know there are 1 set of twins on here and I think another. My twin doesn't like forums so she didn't join it with me. She does look a the pictures on here sometimes and said that Meeka was very cute!

PJ's Mom
01-16-2005, 11:51 AM
My daughter (Rottieluver45) is a twin. She posts here, but her brother does not. :)

manda_moo87
01-16-2005, 12:39 PM
I was a twin.
However she sadly passed away before being born. :(

animal_rescue
01-16-2005, 12:43 PM
I'm sorry:( the same happened to my friend's little brother, very tragic!

dukedogsmom
01-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Manda, sorry to hear that but I was interested, also. The doctor originally told my mother that she was going to have twins. But later, it was just me. I think it's called a vanishing twin?

Fox-Gal
01-16-2005, 12:47 PM
I was a twin, but my sister passed at the age of 12. She was killied by our horse. One night in a storm, she went in his stall to calm him down. Well no need to tell you the rest, I'm sure you can figure it out. :(

Kfamr
01-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Oh my Libby. :( {{HUGS}}
I'm sure she would have been a wonderful woman just as you are.

Karen
01-16-2005, 12:49 PM
I am not a twin, and have ben told my whole life that "the world couldn't take two of me" anyway! That was of course said in the most loving way ...

dukedogsmom
01-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Libby, that is so very sad and must have been hard to go through life like that. The world could take two of you :D

Toby's my baby
01-16-2005, 03:21 PM
I am a twin, my sister (Toby's Mommy) was on this forum, but desided to leave.

Rottieluver45
01-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Karen
I am not a twin, and have ben told my whole life that "the world couldn't take two of me" anyway! That was of course said in the most loving way ...

lol!! :)

I'm a twin!! But my mom already said that.........

GraciesMommy
01-16-2005, 05:29 PM
I always wanted to have a twin! I think it would be so much fun!

wolfsoul
01-16-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by GraciesMommy
Same here! :D

LabradorLover
01-16-2005, 05:56 PM

Me too!!!

cookieluver7
01-16-2005, 05:57 PM
I always wanted to have a twin!

Same here! I'm not though. :( Sorry to all those that have lost a twin brother or sister. :( And Karen, the world needs two of you. ;)

Fox-Gal
01-16-2005, 06:00 PM

LOL not always.........Always having the same clothes, same toys, same everything. Birthdays, Christmas having to open presents at the same time because they where the same item inside. Having people tell you always how cute you two are dressed in the same outfit. Look at those clothes and even the toy are the same. We both hated that. Mom thought it was cute.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid127/p4efe37d711a9fef5b0b80345672a7e5f/f7e7a4eb.jpg

Don't get me worng there are a lot of good to it too......Fooling people was great fun. Having someone to share with and at times, someone that knew what you where thinking before you even said it. I miss those things. I miss her.

Oh my Libby. {{HUGS}}
I'm sure she would have been a wonderful woman just as you are.

The world could take two of you
Thanks to both of you.

PJ's Mom
01-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
The doctor originally told my mother that she was going to have twins. But later, it was just me. I think it's called a vanishing twin?

I was just the opposite. I was told my twins would be 1 10 - 11lb boy, and I left the hospital with 5 and 6 lb twins. :eek:

cali
01-16-2005, 08:07 PM
im not but alot of people think me and my best friend are twins, steph is my "evil twin" lol and everyone thinks we gotta be sister at least ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/HappyFM/dd03aa8c.jpg

we dont look that much alike anymore since she got her bangs back lol I am in the red shirt and stephs in the leather jacket :p

green_chameleon_girl
01-16-2005, 08:23 PM
I am a twin!! Me (heather) and My sister Tweety_Pie (Kelsey)

were 2 min apart!

Im also really sorry to all of you who lost a twin, I cant imagin loosing my sister:(

K9karen
01-16-2005, 11:00 PM
I'm not a physical twin, but I'm a Gemini. Oh, my poor John, nerves of steel. He does say i'm never boring :p ;) :rolleyes: :eek:

animal_rescue
01-17-2005, 10:51 AM
I was a minute apart from my sister! She was older and constantly telling me to respect my elders(meaning her) I usually reply with something nasty, were only joking though. Having a twin is like having a built in best friend! Lol I remember having to dress up the same and getting the same presents or worse having to share presents! grr I absolutly hate that, because we always end up fighting over it!

star of light
01-17-2005, 11:42 AM

me to....i think that it would be like a best friend....but no twin here

have anyof you heard of the fetuse and fetu?
its spelled like that but i am not sure
its a twin in side of the twin:eek: :eek: :eek:
i saw a show on it
there was this 6 year old boy who looked pregnant and they took out whatever was in him and found out it was his twin that couldnt survue so the eg folded in the stronger egg hooking to it major artury.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-17-2005, 12:50 PM
My brother has twins! Both boys look so much alike, although they are a "two-egg-twin" (sp??). They are 23 now!
My aunt had twins too, but one boy died after 4 weeks...

Toby's my baby
01-17-2005, 01:07 PM
I absolutly HATE being a twin! :p We used to always have the exact same stuff, and share everything!

My sister is 45 min. older than me, but a lot of people say that I look older... :confused: everyone also says that we look identical but we are furturnal, meaning, there was two eggs fertalized not just one, as in most cases.

As Fox_gal said, you do end up opening presents at the same time, and it is always the same thing, maybe in a different color or smell. I was/ am the shy one of the two of us, and when we open presents everyone used to tell my sister to wait for me to catch up, because I didnt like opening presents.

Everyone always says, yeah, you should switch when you go on a date or something, but everyone can tell us apart, I wish we looked more alike so we could trick people! There are only one or two teachers this year that can tell us apart :p, its great to just have them guess who is who, they always get it wrong!:)

lizzielou742
01-17-2005, 01:34 PM
My boyfriend's a twin.

animal_rescue
01-17-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Toby's my baby
everyone also says that we look identical but we are furturnal, meaning, there was two eggs fertalized not just one, as in most cases.

What's weird is my sister and I don't look anything alike but our doctor said that we're identical. Which is one egg that split in half or something like that. But, plenty of people have tried to start a fight with us saying that we are furturnal and not identical! Some people even have looked the word up in the dictionary to get their point across to us!:p

Toby's my baby
01-17-2005, 01:36 PM
haha, here is a picture of me and my twin sister Sara

*I am on the right, Sara on the left*
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Tobysmybaby/DSC01280.jpg

animal_rescue
01-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Wow! You guys really do look alike!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid153/p69d9b5e1435bee31c36ac6cc61ef5616/f5891c81.jpg
Here's my twin and I! See we really don't look anything alike:p
I'm on the bottom and Rachel is on the top!

Toby's my baby
01-17-2005, 01:52 PM
You two look sorta alike too, but your sister looks a little older than you, no offence!

animal_rescue
01-17-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Toby's my baby
You two look sorta alike too, but your sister looks a little older than you, no offence!
none taken! SHe's older by 1 minute but everyone says *jokingly* that, that one minute made her a year older than me.

I was thinking about this though, aren't Mary-Kate and Ashley furturnal twins? I could of sworn I heard that somewhere.

Toby's my baby
01-17-2005, 01:58 PM
I think they are...?

Our doctor said that we are the most alike twins he has ever seen that are NOT identical...!

animal_rescue
01-17-2005, 02:01 PM
hehe I found something on them!:D
1.Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't identical. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are what is called fraternal twins, so not everything about them is a mirror image.
2.Ashley Olsen is older by two minutes.
3.Mary-Kate Olsen is left-handed, Ashley Olsen is right-handed.
4.Mary-Kate Olsen is shorter than Ashley.

animal_rescue
01-17-2005, 02:05 PM
Ok I have another question!
hehe what was your favorite present that was the same?
(ours actually wasn't our favorite but we always get a kick out of it when we talk about it!)
Last year we got barbies! We were 14 years old:rolleyes:
Nice right?

Toby's my baby
01-18-2005, 01:27 PM
haha! Great present!!

Actually, me and my sister got flat irons for our hair this Christmas, and I am really thankful for that, because, me, my sister, and my mom, all used to share one, now we each have our own! :D:p

ramanth
01-18-2005, 02:09 PM
Libby, I am so sorry about your sis. :( Can't imagine losing one of my sisters.

I'm not a twin, although my younger sister had a twin brother that did not make it to term. My mom also miscarried a child before I was born. I'm the oldest of three girls.

My middle sis and I are 18 months apart. Mom dressed us alike so for a few years people thought we were twins. *laughs*

For a few years there were identical twin boys living next door. Amazing how night and day they were. One was always into sports, the other drama.

Fox-Gal
01-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by animal_rescue
Ok I have another question!
hehe what was your favorite present that was the same?

I remember our was when I got a Raggie Ann and she got a Raggie Andy. First time we got something different. :D That was a big deal for us.

green_chameleon_girl
01-18-2005, 09:55 PM
LOL me and my sister always got the same presents but in different colors! But I would have to say our favorite gift would be our digi cams we got for christmas lol!

Me and Kelsey are Identical twins but slowly we started to look different, some people will talk to me and then they will ask me a question I totally dont know about and be like omg! YOUR NOT KELSEY YOUR HEATHER!! its kinda funny LOL

does that ever happen to you?