PDA

View Full Version : Apology...

moosmom
01-16-2005, 08:22 AM
First I would like to apologize to Phred, Zippy-Kat and anyone else I may have offended. I didn't mean to upset anyone or make light of the very serious situation that was going on.

Phred, you went above and beyond the call by driving 5 hours to pick up an animal in need. I hope you can forgive me for the "brashness" of my posts.

Zippy-Kat, you did the right thing by asking for help with these animals. That's what Pet Talk is all about. Helping each other. I didn't mean to put a damper on it.

HOWEVER...I still stand by my convictions to Midnight. I will not apologize for my opinions. But only by the way it was worded. I guess I could've been a little more tactful. My passion for cats got the best of me, and like someone told me, you can't save the world.

I believe what frustrated me the most was when I asked a couple of times my concerns for Midnight and an update, and no one was answering me.

Phred, Bowser looks wonderful! Ya did good.

slick
01-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Donna, thanks for apologizing. I was one of the members that became offended by the words written. Zippy and Phred were hurt by your posts, and that hurt me because I care about them. Their judgement was questioned, and that made me angry. I would trust them both with my life and I still believe that Phred made the right decision.

That being said, I understand where you were coming from. It's Sunday so let's put this matter to rest and move on. :)

Edit: sorry Kay, I edited my post after you quoted me. I have such a hard time putting things in words sometimes......:rolleyes:

Kfamr
01-16-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by slick
Donna, thanks for apologizing. I was one of the members that became offended by the words written, not only HOW it was said, but because the judgement of people I care about was questioned, AND, that they were very hurt by your posts. Purrsonally, I would trust them with my life and I still believe that Phred made the right decision where Midnight is concerned.

Ditto.

zippy-kat
01-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Thank you for your apology. I completely understand your concern for Midnight; I have no problem with that.

What I had a problem with is being accused of NOT putting the cat's welfare in mind or on the forefront. I was extremely appalled by the "it's just a cat, let him go and he'll survive on his own" statement/insinuation. I have 3 indoor only cats whom I love very much... that statement just sent me reeling and had me seething.

There was/is much confusion at the beginning of the thread. Lots of communication/information went on behind the scenes that didn't make it to the posts. Asking about and/or for clarification on Midnight's welfare was more than fine; the cruel tone it was asked in hurt deeply and I shed many tears over it.

Originally posted by moosmom
I believe what frustrated me the most was when I asked a couple of times my concerns for Midnight and an update, and no one was answering me.

I have to disagree w/ the above quoted lines. If you will read pages 3 and 4, Phred and myself gave as much info as we knew. I can't find your original post but on Page 5 of the Bowser thread, I QUOTED your question and responded.

For further clarification:
When the landlady called to have Bowser picked up, she told the dog catcher it was a "two for one" deal, either they both go or no one goes. Legally, the dog catcher is not to accept cats and he told her just that. She stood by the "two for one" deal. He relented, "Fine. If I see her, I'll get her." She agreed, and Bowser was picked up the next day.

The dog catcher did spot the cat, the cat went into hiding, and the new tenant or a neighbor (no one's really sure) said she'd keep her. And that is all we know of the Midnight tale.

gini
01-16-2005, 11:31 AM
Donna, I too, am very pleased that you have apologized.

I feel exactly as Slick does. People I care about a great deal were hurt by your comments. As a result I was hurt for them too.

Of all the people on this board, surely Phred and ZippyKat stand out as exceptional, loving caring pet owners. Of course, most of the people on this board are just the same caring owners. It is just that we have been able to share so much more from Phred's own experiences with Cinder and Smoke and Boots and if someone here doesn't know who Sophie or Clarice are......that is a shame.

It is always easy to stand from afar and say "you should have", or "why didn't you". Obviously there was so much more to Midnight's story that couldn't be easily explained. Phred owes us no explanation. He was there.........he was dealing with the situation.........and when it comes to a pet's life and his decision, I would trust his judgement every time. Certainly Zip and her family were well aware of all that was going on.

Donna, your apology will go a long way to heal the hurt feelings that have taken place.

And now, we can begin to move forward, away from this very unfortunate event.

moosmom
01-16-2005, 12:26 PM
Zippy-Kat,

This will be my last post on this thread. The comment "it's just a cat, let him go and he'll survive on his own" statement was directed towards the Animal Control Officer, no one else. I'm sorry if you feel it was directed towards you.

I have apologized and am now moving on.

Cinder & Smoke
01-16-2005, 11:47 PM
;)

THANK YOU, Donna ~
for what I believe to be a Very Sincere Apology.

Apology Accepted! ~ {{{Hug}}} in return! ;)

------------------------------------------------

I do not wish to prolong any controversy;
but some of this needs clarification...

Originally posted by moosmom

... The comment
"It's just a cat, let him go and
he'll survive on his own" statement
was directed towards the Animal Control Officer,
no one else.

:(
I'm sorry, but Butch doesn't deserve this, either!

I (Phred) am the ONLY one from the Pet Talk Gang to EVER
talk to Butch.
And I can assue all of you that he NEVER said anything like
"It's only a cat, etc..."

What he DID tell me, several times;
was the he (Butch) was "da DAWG Ketcher for the County";
and that he was FORBIDDEN by his Bosses - the County Commissioners -
to handle "CATS"!
Not a question of did he think Midnight "deserved" or "needed" to
be rescued -
it was a simple statement that "He wasn't ALLOWED to become
involved with ANY Cat."

I let "da Kat Issue" slide for a while and we discussed the
"Rescue and Holding" of Bowser.
Big Problemo was that NO ONE had called Butch, or the Sheriff, to formally
request that Bowser and/or Midnight be "picked up" as un-wanted animals.
(Turns out the LANDLADY was the one who wanted them BOTH
off her property; but she (LANDLADY) had not known that the TENANT
(or a neighbor - we still don't know WHO the person is) was
willing to and WANTED to "keep" Midnight, da Kat.

Butch agreed to "HOLD" Bowser and call me IF the "LandLady"
ever did call to request he be "picked up".

MANY phone calls later that evening, "WE" (Zippy, Zipp's MOM,
Zipp's Cousin in West Virginia, and I had our "plan"...

I was driving down Wednesday to meet Zipp's Cousin;
we'd drive out to "Bowser's Howze" and "remove" both he AND
Midnight, da Kat;
and I'd "ride outta Towne" with BOTH of em in tow.

I called Butch back to advise him of "the plan" and that maybe we didn't
need his help.
Butch said "Guess what?" ~ He'd JUST received his FIRST call from
'the Landlady' (who had been telling Zipp's Cousin that she (Landlady) had
called Butch "several times" to remove the two animals.)
NOT true, said Butch!

<Fast Forward> to the end of my discussion with Butch on Tuesday night...

I'd "worn him down" :p to where he agreed that he'd go out to
"Bowser's Howze" on Wednesday at noon
to pick up Bowser *AND* Midnight, da Kat, IF the cat was either
"boxed & ready to travel"
OR could be "loaded" in the small-dog Porta-Prison that Butch would
take with him.

I said "DEAL"!! ~
I promised to be a Butch's Ranch before dark on Wednesday!

I arrived at Butch's Ranch about 4:30 PM Wednesday;
met Bowser - Happie azza Klam - all settled in one of Butch's
Dawggie Condos onna Hill;
then asked Butch "Where's da KAT?"

Butch's Kat Tail ~

He arrived where the Landlady told him the Kritters were and saw Bowser.
Walking past a car in the driveway/yard - he was "greeted"
by one Black Kat, "lounging" on the hood of the car!
"Sorta a Hisssss/Grooowl!" said Butch.
"Paw *Raised in Salute*, too."
"Is THAT da Kat?" asked Butch.
"Yeah, but YOU'RE not takin da KAT; jest da Dawg!" was the reply.
WE'RE KEEPIN da Kat!

I really doubt that Butch "argued the point" very much!
He told me he just loaded Bowser and LEFT!

You had to BE THERE to appreciate his "Telling of the Tail!"
He mentioned a couple times ~ "NASTY Kat that was! ~
Dunno WHY they wanted to keep her! ~ But she said "Leave Her!!"
So I did!"
The entire time he was relating the "Kat Tail" he had a
HUGE <GRINN> :D from Ear-to-Ear!

------------------------------------------------------------

My poit in re-hashing this?

Butch does NOT deserve any "bad rap" for not doing a "rescue"
of Midnight, da Kat!

He is NOT an "Animal Control Officer" ~ He's a County DOG Catcher!
SAME as in my County of Ohio - the "County DOG Warden" **ONLY**
deals with DOGS!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the Beginning...

Apology Accepted, Donna!! :)

/s/ Phred (aka da Bus Driver) ;