PDA

View Full Version : How old were you.......

PayItForward
01-16-2005, 07:44 AM
......When you decided on your sexual orientation ?

I have made the Poll multi choice so if people WANT to they can also add if they are straight or gay.

For example I choose the options :-

I always knew my orientation (no decision)
AND
I'm Straight

Kfamr
01-16-2005, 07:54 AM
I still haven't "decided"...

I'm more so attracted to males than females. BUT - I've always thought that if I were to fall in love with a female, than that would be that.

I "guess" i'd be labeled as Bisexual, but I don't care either way.
If I fall in love with a male, fine.
If I fall in love with a female, fine.

NOTHING is going to stop me from loving someone, unless it's them.

cloverfdx
01-16-2005, 09:40 AM
I guess i was a little confused when i was younger (Say 15-18) and did not know what i wanted or what sex i wanted to be with. After one relationship with a guy, i knew i could never be in an honest open relationship with a man.

That was not the best time of my life, but i had to take the time and figure it all out. I could not be happier now, i am confident and quite happy.

And i did not read the question before replying to the poll, so only put in the one answer (I am gay *well on my way to hell* :eek: ).

;)

animal_rescue
01-16-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm a closet bisexual, only a few close friends and online people know this. The reason I'm so open here is because you don't know me which makes me more comfortable to talk about it.

CalliesMom
01-16-2005, 11:21 AM
I haven't told many people; probably my family and my husband know but when I was 15 I went threw a *crisis* (at the time I thought it was a crisis) where I thought I might be a lesbian. I was horrified and the only person I could talk to about it was my father, strange huh? We had a very close relationship and I knew he would not love me any less. He didn't quite care if I married "John" or "Joan" as long as I was happy and I hope to instill that same value in my children.

Over the years, I've come to prefer men. I've never done anything with a woman but I've also been with my husband since I was in high school so never had the opportunity. I don't know if I was single now if I would date a woman, but I guess I will never know.

Someone's sexual orientation is their business. I don't care unless they are with someone who treats them poorly. I just want someone to be happy and to find that person who completes them in every way--luckily for me, I found that person and couldn't have asked for any better. ;)

Kristl
01-16-2005, 01:44 PM
i never even had to think about it! i live in a very small town where if it's not the norm, it's wrong. but even still i have always loved men!

Cataholic
01-16-2005, 01:44 PM
Well, while I would like to respond to your poll, I cannot. Why? Well, depending on the day of the week, I am different. You know, conscious choice and all that....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kristl
01-16-2005, 01:45 PM
oh yeah, i'm a girl

Kfamr
01-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Well, while I would like to respond to your poll, I cannot. Why? Well, depending on the day of the week, I am different. You know, conscious choice and all that....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D :D :D :D :D :p

CalliesMom
01-16-2005, 01:59 PM
LOL Cataholic. Why do people care so much who others sleep with? It's not like they are having sex with you! Move on and get a life.

PayItForward
01-16-2005, 02:04 PM
ROTFLMAO :D :D

Originally posted by CalliesMom
LOL Cataholic. Why do people care so much who others sleep with? It's not like they are having sex with you! Move on and get a life.
LOL, You hit the nail on the head, who cares what others do in bed. Unless it is your bed and you are in it ;)

I only started this poll to show that few people decide their sexuality, it just IS.

dukedogsmom
01-16-2005, 02:34 PM
Well at least we know this one won't be deleted :p

CalliesMom
01-16-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
ROTFLMAO :D :D

LOL, You hit the nail on the head, who cares what others do in bed. Unless it is your bed and you are in it ;)

I only started this poll to show that few people decide their sexuality, it just IS.

PIF, I didn't meant to insinuate that you started the thread for any other reason. I was simply trying to share my view point that people spend WAY TOO MUCH time caring what others do behind closed doors. Oh well.

Tonya
01-16-2005, 05:44 PM
I went through a confusing time when I was 16-17 and I wasn't quite sure. I eventually figured out who I was and what I wanted. I suppose I'm hetrosexual, but sometimes I wonder. lol. Those days when hubby is being insensitive and uncaring, I think about how nice it'd be to be married to a woman that understands. There are alot of qualities that men lack that I emotionally need. On the same line, there are also alot of qualities in a woman that I cannot stand. I have many more men friends then woman friends.

If I ever wound up single again, God knows who I'd date. I'd say anyone who could fullfill me. I think that being homosexual is so complicated and difficult that I'd lean more towards men just to keep life simple. My gay friends go through so many hardships that I have never even imagined.

Which, BTW, is why I believe that homosexuality isn't a choice. Why would anyone make their lives so difficult on purpose?

Amber
01-16-2005, 09:20 PM
straight.

Twisterdog
01-16-2005, 11:40 PM
IMO, people don't "decide" their sexual orientation. People decide whether or not to act on it, whether or not to "come out of the closet", so to speak, but I do not believe one's true sexual orientation is chosen. I'm not talking about casual experimentation, many if not most people have done that. I believe sexual orientation is decided most likely in the womb.

And to answer the poll, I'm heterosexual and have always known.

cookieluver7
01-17-2005, 03:34 PM
I am strait. No questions asked. ;)

lizzielou742
01-17-2005, 06:31 PM
I've always been a boy-crazy. :)

carole
01-17-2005, 06:41 PM
I have always been heterosexual, and still am lol., never ever felt anything more than friendship for another female.

MariaM
01-17-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by lizzielou742

Me too:p

Harmanie
01-17-2005, 11:15 PM
Its weird because, well, i'm only 16, and I go to school and the girls I've known sense whenever, are now suddenly bisexual.
Not gay, but bisexual. And its hard because do they just think that its a trend? Because most of the girls are not. Do they just do it to get attention from the males? perhaps. But it is very confusing for me. Its weird because, yes, I do have a boyfriend and we have been dating for 5 months now. But sometimes I wonder. I don't know. I can ramble on but its like my mom said when I talked to her about it, people are born with certain cells, more or less, and thats what makes us who we are. I believe that. I think I won't know until I do fall in love.

CountryWolf07
01-18-2005, 12:20 AM
I've always known...

I'm straight. :)

CathyBogart
01-18-2005, 02:08 AM
Decided? Nah. I've always known I was straight. I dated a girl briefly in high school, knowing that is wasn't really for me but wanting the experience. We had a great time, and we're still friends, although we aren't very good at keeping in touch.

I still feel that she is a wonderful, intelligent, attractive woman, and whomever she ends up with (male or female) will be very lucky. :)

Tonya
01-18-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Harmanie
Its weird because, well, i'm only 16, and I go to school and the girls I've known sense whenever, are now suddenly bisexual.
Not gay, but bisexual. And its hard because do they just think that its a trend? Because most of the girls are not. Do they just do it to get attention from the males? perhaps. But it is very confusing for me. Its weird because, yes, I do have a boyfriend and we have been dating for 5 months now. But sometimes I wonder. I don't know. I can ramble on but its like my mom said when I talked to her about it, people are born with certain cells, more or less, and thats what makes us who we are. I believe that. I think I won't know until I do fall in love.

My little brother and I were just talking about that. There are alot of girls that are "bi" just for attention. My brother was talking about how he was annoyed because these three girls were totally making out at a party. They were pretty much putting on a show for the boys. Now, if my child wants to be a respectable person (gay or straight), that's fine. But if I found out my child was just sleeping with whoever or whatever for attention, I'd be VERY upset.

molucass
01-18-2005, 11:27 AM
The comments about girls being bi just to follow trends, or to be "cool" may very well be true, but not in my case.

I've known I was bi since I first started having an attraction to any one. I've always liked girls more than guys and didn't think I liked guys at all for a while. I don't know how to explain it very well though.. I didn't just all of a sudden decide "Hey, I want to be cool, so I'm going to say I'm bi."
:rolleyes:

RICHARD
01-18-2005, 11:38 AM
With all the threads about sexuality going on I think I need to be open with all of you..

I am a lesbian.

I am just plumbed differently.:confused:

kimlovescats
01-18-2005, 12:15 PM
Look at my Siggy! Need I say more? :D

Andie
01-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
With all the threads about sexuality going on I think I need to be open with all of you..

I am a lesbian.

I am just plumbed differently.:confused:

Lol

I use to have a shirt that Said:

"I'm a gay guy trapped in this chick's body"

My Peanuts
01-18-2005, 01:48 PM
My older (and only) brother is gay. I grew up watching him struggle with himself. I know, without a doubt, that I'm straight. If I wasn't it wouldn't have been a big deal in my immediate or extended family because they all love and accept my brother :)

CamCamPup33
01-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Im straight. Always known that i have been. :)

tikeyas_mom
01-24-2005, 09:54 PM
i did have alot of sexuality frusterations as a child... i was molested at a young age so it made things very hard for me to cope with. when it came to doctor games and "i'll show you if you show me" games, i would always be the one to start it.......

i would play with boys and girls... i was told by many people that it was 100% normal, the way i felt and delt with my sexual frusterations, i was very curious about everything on the oposite sex....

At the age of around 12-13 i was very confused, i hated boys, i didnt understand their way of thinking or acting... to me they were just a total different species. so i was more interested in girls...

after hitting puberty i was alot more interested in guys... thats when i started going out with boys and kissing.... fun fun hahaha...

anywho.. i know now that i want to spend the rest of my life with a male, they make me feel safe.... Just me though....

Cataholic
01-25-2005, 11:16 AM
TM- that sounds pretty normal to me. Not the molestation part. That was horrible, and I am sorry you ever had to experience it. The other part...the playing doctor, the "i hate boys", then, discovering them..he he he. Maybe you should be in the medical profession?

tikeyas_mom
01-26-2005, 12:51 AM
TM- that sounds pretty normal to me. Not the molestation part. That was horrible, and I am sorry you ever had to experience it. The other part...the playing doctor, the "i hate boys", then, discovering them..he he he. Maybe you should be in the medical profession?
lately i have been doing alot of research on sexology, or sex therapy. it is very interesting i would love to be a sex therapist.

wolfsoul
01-26-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
lately i have been doing alot of research on sexology, or sex therapy. it is very interesting i would love to be a sex therapist.
Like the sex lady on TV?? LOL. :p She's so funny, because she;s just so blunt about everything.

I was alot like you too -- the whole "doctor" thing...Everybody goes through that stage. It's perfectly normal. It's all a part of sexual exploration. All children are curious. I know some people may think it's gross, but I think they should be allowed to explore -- I did when I was young, and I think I'm the better for it.

I never "decided" what I am. I've always been straight. I feel an attraction to other women sometimes -- but it's not sexual. It's a yearning to be more like them. :)

cookieluver7
01-30-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by lizzielou742

lol me too! :D

ebbys dad
01-31-2005, 10:26 AM
nobody makes a concious disision about their sexuality,its dicided at before birth................some people are just a little more aware of stuff when they are younger,so it takes a few years!

IRescue452
02-09-2005, 09:26 AM
It just is. You don't get a choice. I happen to love both sexes equally. My older sister is also bisexual so perhaps it is hereditary.

cocker_luva
02-09-2005, 10:56 PM
17; 18 in sept

Vette
02-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by CountryWolf07
I've always known...

I'm straight. :)

Same here.

Josh4Colts
03-03-2005, 08:20 PM
dead straight. hey girls, Call me!!;)

finn's mom
03-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Hey, I haven't read or posted in a long time, but, it's guster girl here. Finn is doing great, for any interested parties. :) But, as for the topic, I'm straight, but, I've made out with other girls for fun and attention. For me, personally, it's no different than kissing a boy, unless you're hands are wandering, ha ha. But, as for just kissing, mouths are mouths. ;) I don't, however, consider myself bisexual. I think different people have different ideas about what that actually means. I guess some would consider me bi, because I have and would kiss girls. But, in my opinion, I don't consider a girl bisexual unless they desire to have sex with a girl or be in a relationship with another woman, excluding platonic relationships, of course. I'm not offended when people say I'm bi, but, I have been in situations with girls I've kissed, and, am completely not turned on by them sexually. So, anyway, those are the thoughts from my head. Scary.

Luvin Labs
03-08-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Tonya

Which, BTW, is why I believe that homosexuality isn't a choice. Why would anyone make their lives so difficult on purpose?

AMEN, Tonya... my feelings exactly.

Orientation is NOT a decision. I'm straight.