PDA

View Full Version : Who/What makes you glad you found PT?

CamCamPup33
01-16-2005, 01:20 AM
I was searching through some old threads, and saw Robyn (Doglover9501) had made a thread like this awhile back. Well i think PT needs some more threads like this, SO i decided to bring it back out again. :)

What

I've met so many wonderful pets and people, and have gotten such great advice. I know, if PT is still around when im older, i'll be here for YEARS to come. :)

Who

I've gotten SO many friendships out of pet talk, some in which i'll remember forever, But the friendship i'll cherish for eternity, is the one i have with Julie (Goldenretrluver). She and her are JUST alike. We swear we've been seperated at birth because it seems like at times, we'll be thinking the EXACT same thing. We'll laugh at the stupidest things, and have the craziest stories. She's helped me through boy problems, school problems and even family problems. Over these years we've gotten to know each other ALOT better, and she's become one of my best friends, and someone who i can trust with anything. Love ya, Ju-Ju! :D

EDIT TO ADD; Some of my many friendships are....

PCB, Logan, Audrey, Liana, Jordan..... Etc.

So, who/what has made you glad you've found Pet talk?

davidpizzica
01-16-2005, 05:27 AM
I have made a lot of friendships and bonded with alot of people on PT, but there is one person who I can really call my girlfriend, that is Donna (moosmom). We just started out aswering each other's posts (getting mushier all time!) and now we call each other on the phone. I think that she is a female version of ME! She lives in Detroit and I live in Pittsburgh, but we are hopeful to meet face to face. I love that girl!

Kfamr
01-16-2005, 07:40 AM
The fact that I can share my photography and my love for my dogs all in one thread. :)

Who?
The many great friends that i've gotten the chance to meet in person and friends that i've kept online.

The first ones who always pop into my mind, but who aren't the only ones, of course!

Amy - wolf_Q,
Robin - RobiLee
Audrey - Sllepnir
Anna - Anna_66

And most of all..
Valerie - Dukedogsmom

She and I live so close together so we're able to get together often. In fact *hopefully* this Tuesday she'll be coming over.
We have soooooooo much in common, from what we think to what we like. Her and her boys are a huge part of my life. :)

carole
01-16-2005, 01:32 PM
Everyone here makes PT such a special place, I have been made to feel most welcome, I am the only NZ'er here once again, and sometimes I felt a little lonely, when Rochelle joined from NZ, it was great, but she seems to have gone now, but never the less I am still part of the team I feel, and everyone here makes me feel that way, I am so happy to have found PT, it play's a very special part in my life.

I have not made one special friend, but I feel I have a lot of people who genuinely care about me and my family and of course my furbabies, and hey that is alright by me.:)

CalliesMom
01-16-2005, 01:42 PM
I simply love Pet Talk for all the wonderful people and their love for animals. I feel quite fortunate that I've been able to meet people who care about their animals as much as I do. Everyone here has always been kind to me and don't mind when I post too many pictures of my cats. :D

Though I haven't quite made "friends" here, I have enjoyed reading everyone else's stories and find that we have a kind group of folks here. I stumbled upon this website four years ago and could never imagine not coming here. Thank you everybody for making PT such a wonderful place!

moosmom
01-16-2005, 01:42 PM
I have met so many wonderful people in the 3 years I've been a member of PT. The thing that is SO great is if you need to vent, they're listening, when you need to cry, you can and when you need advice, you've got it, 24/7!!

Gosh, gee wilikers Davidp, you're making me blush!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Nomilynn
01-16-2005, 02:54 PM
What:

A place that I can come to for emotional support, advice, and care.

Who:

Johanna/Cataholic: I don't talk to her very often but when I can it always seems somewhat cosmic. She could literally be my big sister :p

Aly: She was probably the first PTer to reach out to me, and our connection, at first, had little to do with animals but with our health. She is a super person and I love her to death :)

Amy/Wolf-Q: One of the sweetest! She and I get along because we have the same sense of random humour. Its great :D

Kelly/NoahsMommy: Someone who I can rely on for a shoulder and an ear - a sweet and devoted friend.

Diana/BCBlondie: I'm just getting to know her better but what a riot! Too much fun :)

Lindsey/RubyMuttand Ashley/Binka: I don't know them too well yet but it's always fun to hang out :D Or get pierced!

My AOL buddies: These are the people who keep me sane when I'm trapped indoors! :D

Slick: What can I say - she is a HOOT!! And a super great person :D I know I could call on her for anything and she would be there in a flash.

And last, but not least, Tonya/ZippyKat: Where do I begin! I swear this girl is an angel on earth. I can tell her anything - and HAVE told her things that I've never told any "in person" friends. I feel close to her like a long lost sister. She and I have sat up many nights being a comfort to each other, and I literally cherish her. She has the soul and spirit of a very wise woman, with a quiet intelligence that permeates everthing she does and radiates from within. I am honoured to call her friend, and feel blessed to have her in my life. *LUV YOU T!!!* :D :D

**I'm sure I have missed on some, so I will add more as the spirit moves me :D

davidpizzica
01-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by carole
Everyone here makes PT such a special place, I have been made to feel most welcome, I am the only NZ'er here once again, and sometimes I felt a little lonely, when Rochelle joined from NZ, it was great, but she seems to have gone now, but never the less I am still part of the team I feel, and everyone here makes me feel that way, I am so happy to have found PT, it play's a very special part in my life.

I have not made one special friend, but I feel I have a lot of people who genuinely care about me and my family and of course my furbabies, and hey that is alright by me.:) Hey, sis! Don't forget about me!!

popcornbird
01-16-2005, 04:05 PM
There are so many things that make me glad I found PT, but mostly, I have such a special place for animals in my heart, and I *love* being able to come here, and post pics of my pets, see pics of the pets of others, share stories, read stories, etc. While we all have disagreements here and there on PT, our love for animals is what keeps us united. I've been on PT for close to 3 years now...:eek:, and it has been a joy each and everyday for the past few years. I know I will stick around here for as long as I can.

Who?

I have many wonderful, wonderful friends on PT that I just can't imagine life without now. There are really too many to mention, but my best, best, best friend from PT has to be Johanna (Cataholic). I have a special bond with her, and we've been close friends for quite a long while now. If there's someone I feel I can talk to about ANYTHING, someone I can vent to about anything, someone I think of ALL the time, and someone I can call a TRUE friend and really feel it and mean it, its Johanna. I can trust Johanna with practically anything, and know positively that she'll keep it to herself. She's always been the best friend I could ever ask for, and I know she's always there for me to talk when she's not too busy. She's my 'cyber-big-sis'....he he he. Johanna, you're such a wonderful, wonderful friend to me. I know you already know how I feel about you, but I couldn't go without mentioning it in this thread. You really have such a special place in my heart.

Julie (GoldenRetrLuver) is another one of my wonderful friends here. Also someone I can trust and talk to about almost anything. Julie's a person I can ALWAYS PM when I need someone to talk to, and know I'll get a response just a few minutes later. It takes hours for most other people, but for Julie, its just a matter of a few minutes.

Of course there are so many other people on PT that mean a great deal to me. Logan, CamCamPup33, Kater, K9soul, Dogz, Micki76, BCBlondie, Primabella, Wolflady, and so many others really mean so much to me. There are times when I feel overwhelmed by my friends on PT...like I can't keep up with all of them as much as I'd like to, but I want you all to know, those of you that I've mentioned and those of my friends that I haven't, how very much you all mean to me. You all contribute in making PT the special place it is.

slleipnir
01-16-2005, 05:03 PM
The awesome people.

Amber
01-16-2005, 05:06 PM
I've talked to alot of great people, and I love sharing pictures, stories, and commenting people. :D I love this place fully.

For who, everyone has made it special. Everyone who comments my dogs pictures, makes me stay here. But Miranda has became a great friend on here. She always has something nice to say, and her PMs are super funny. :D I enjoy talking to her on msn.

And, also would have to say Heather (green_chameleon_girl) She's so funny, and she is fun to talk to on msn. :D

GoldenRetrLuver
01-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Well, the main reason I enjoy this place is because just about everyone on here is as big an animal nut as I am. ;) I love sharing pictures, stories, etc.

A few people that come to mind are..

Amber (CamCamPup33): She really is my best friend, on and off of Pet Talk. We talk on the phone almost every week, as well as talk online just about everyday. She knows everything about me, and I feel like I can tell her anything. She's the one I go to first when I need to vent about something, and I know she'll always help me out with whatever is bugging me, and cheer me up when I'm down. Like she mentioned already, sometimes I SWEAR we've been separated at birth. We're actually planning on meeting in a few years when I make that trip to Florida, and I really hope we stay friends for a long time.. I love ya like a fat kid loves cupcakes, Amby! :D Thanks for everything.

Popcornbird: Another one of my closest friends on here, and my PM and Yahoo buddy.. LOL. She also knows a lot about me, and I think I can say the same thing about her, somewhat. ;) I love chatting with her, and I can talk to her openly about most things. Thanks for everything, PCB!

There's also Jordan (wolfsoul), Liana (primabella), Ashley (binka_nugget), Jessica (K9Soul), Emma (Dogz) and sooooo many others. I'm sorry if I left anyone out, but just know that all of you mean so much to me.

I do have to mention one more, though..

KayAnn (Kfamr): I know we've clashed in the past, but I just want you to know that I really admire you as a person. You've got a lot of talent. I'm glad we were able to make up, and I enjoy talking to you on AIM.

carole
01-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Awwh sorry big bro, how could I possibly not mention you, you are indeed one of my special and dear friends here.:)

K9karen
01-16-2005, 10:34 PM
A place where people love, worship, appreciate their animals as much as I. Who don't think I'm crazy, weird, or goofy when i hug and kiss my pets or other people's. A place where laughing or crying hysterical over your pet is normal. For loving, dear, wonderful friends I've met over the years, who live miles away and oceans apart, yet are as dearer and closer to my heart than some relatives. Whose love has gotten me through some horrendous personal situations.
I'm blessed for my "sisters" Logan, Pam, Rachel, Jackie and Sandra. I forget that I'm old enough to be a mother to some of you and if I was, would be proud to be. I "watched" a lot of you mature over the years. I love you, Kayann, you come to mind first because I think you are one amazing young lady. I love Phred for the laughs and inspiration. Oh! So many of you-all for different reasons, for being YOU!

MariaM
01-16-2005, 10:54 PM
I like the loving environment. It seems a lot of people have made really deep friendships on here. I like it because I still feel welcome here even though I have an outside dog. I have learned alot of things here.

I really like Val and PCB. I have some other friends on here, but I haven't really gotten to know anyone very well.

I like PCB because she listens to all the crazy things I say. And she still talks to me lol.
I enjoyed playing many games of late night pool with her and surprising her with my awesome talent.

I like Val because she is a really caring persoN. She is very nonjudgemental and is a really nice person.

Also, I know this isn't much, but it was fun having a crazy conversation with Julie, Amber and Jordan. And I have some normal ones too lol..

Oh, and Ashlee haha. Can't forget her and her Alan Rickman lol.

binka_nugget
01-17-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by MariaM
Oh, and Ashlee haha. Can't forget her and her Alan Rickman lol.

Darn straight! :D

wolfsoul
01-17-2005, 02:29 AM
I'm glad I found this place because I met so many great people. Number one being..

Jynnelle. I met my BEST friend on Pet Talk. Her and I are exactly the same. We say the same things, even at the same time (which is always good for a laugh). We have our inside jokes that still make us laugh...Ahh, the laughter. I'll never laugh with someone as much as I laugh with Jynnelle. I really didn't have much of a best friend before I met her. Now we are going to move out together and maybe have our own business together and everything. I guess it must be because we spend so much time together, but everyone thinks we look alike -- people ask us if we are sisters --- our voices are the same too (except mine is louder...and deeper...because I'm a man, right Ashley? LOL).

And I can't forget aot of the other friends I have made.

Ashley (binka) is awesome. :D We have the best conversations. I've only spent like three days with her in "real life" but she is still one of my best friends. Vickie (slick) is way to cool. :D She is so funny; she's going on 16. Let's just say I stalk Julie (GRL). I'm in your lemon tree, Julie. And then there's my online mom and Dixie Chick, Micki hehe. Even though we hardly talk anymore. :( She's so cool. And I lurv Liana (primabella) lol. She's super fun to talk to and I know I can say anything and she won't blab (probably because she would be embarassed just repeating anything I said LOL). Amber is fuuun -- I am her hot sexy orange haired mama. Liga (EssTer) is my pen pal. :D She's fun to talk to -- I get to learn all of these really cool things about Iceland and stuff. I know I'm forgetting people...Thanks to anyone who mentioned me. :D

mruffruff
01-17-2005, 08:29 AM
While there is no one person that I have made fast friend with, I'd like to think of all of you as friends. This is the only place that allows everyone to express their love of animals. I enjoy hearing about all of the antics and problems. I've learned how awesome young people can be (old people tend to forget somtimes).

I admire the 'angels' who do so much rescue work; QSL, K&L, Moosmom, Aly, and all of the others I've missed. And of course Phred, our hero.

There's always something to learn and laugh at, sometimes to cry over.

I can't imagine how I got along with Pet Talk!

Mary

Miranda_Rae
01-25-2005, 09:49 AM
I am glad that I found PT because its a place where I can post pictures of Heidi, and ask for doggy advice because there are so many knowledgeable people here. :)

Originally posted by Amber
I'vFor who, everyone has made it special. Everyone who comments my dogs pictures, makes me stay here. But Miranda has became a great friend on here. She always has something nice to say, and her PMs are super funny. :D I enjoy talking to her on msn.

Aww...you are so sweet. :D I have enjoyed talking to you too. You are a hoot. We have had some funny conversations, haven't we? :p

There are many people on PT that has made me glad that I have joined. :)

I am really glad for the wonderful conversations Robyn (Christiansmommy) and I have shared. She has helped me with a few things, and I have really enjoyed talking to her. She is someone I really admire and look up to. Robyn is such a nice lady.

I have also enjoyed talking to Mandy (Mandy1) because our conversations are so random and weird, and I now have a nickname!! Whoopie! :D

I have also enjoyed talking to Vickie (Slick). She has been so kind to me and has made me feel special, and its rare to make me feel that way. She is a sweety.

Jessica (K9soul) has made me feel glad that I have found PT too. Even though we haven't talked a lot she always makes me feel better if I am having a problem and I post about it cause of her nice responses. :)

There are MANY MANY others that have made me glad that I have found Pet Talk, and I don't think I could type out all of them. :) Everyone who has made me feel welcome and wam inside, has made me glad that I have found PT. :)

star of light
01-25-2005, 09:55 AM
who- i have to say everyone...they are helping me threw my depression right now and i know they are always there
thank you all

slleipnir
01-25-2005, 09:56 AM
To name a couple..(in no particular order)

Kay: You're a lot of fun to joke around with, and the PT meeting was really fun ^__^
Val: You're a super nice person. I love talking to you!
Johanna: I totally like, owe you my life or something. You help me out so much even though I know you don't have a lot of time. You've always been there for me. You're really fun to joke around with too.
Sandra: Definitetly one of the nicest, most considerate people I know! You were very kind to me from the first day I joined :)
Mik: Sorry, I've disowned you ;) jk. We have some fun...when you're not being mean and and not paying for me to go to florida!!!!! lol jk
Di: You're really awesome, and you make the best sigs ever!

there are a lot more, but I'd be here all day if I listed everyone

wolfsoul
01-25-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Miranda_Rae

I have also enjoyed talking to Vickie (Slick). She has been so kind to me and has made me feel special, and its rare to make me feel that way. She is a sweety.

Jessica (K9soul) has made me feel glad that I have found PT too. Even though we haven't talked a lot she always makes me feel better if I am having a problem and I post about it cause of her nice responses. :)

Vickie does have a way of doing that. :D

I forgot Jessica lol. She always makes me feel better if there's a thread I'm upset about as well. :)

tikeyas_mom
01-25-2005, 10:55 AM
if i never found pettalk then i wouldent have my best friend in the world *wolfsoul*... JORDAN!!! :D you are the best girl!!! you always make me smile when i am sad, and you always find a way to say the most random things at the most innapropiate times hahaha.. thats why i love you so much!!!! i still remember the first day we met too. at petcetera, now i work there... BOO .lol
but ya noone makes me laugh like jordan does.

also cant forget the coolest Ashley Binka nugget!!! you are so funny chicky.. i have only met you in realaity once, but thoughs three days were a blast!!!... cant wait to see ya again at the kelowna PT meeting!! :D

wolfsoul
01-25-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
if i never found pettalk then i wouldent have my best friend in the world *wolfsoul*... JORDAN!!! :D you are the best girl!!! you always make me smile when i am sad, and you always find a way to say the most random things at the most innapropiate times hahaha.. thats why i love you so much!!!! i still remember the first day we met too. at petcetera, now i work there... BOO .lol
but ya noone makes me laugh like jordan does.

Ah, the randomness. LOL. :D Yaay, I feel special.

aly
01-25-2005, 01:40 PM
*wiping away tears*

I love these threads that bring us all back together :)

There were a few times that stick out in my mind where PT became my only source of comfort. One of them was when I had to put my foster, Peka, to sleep :( That was my first time making the decision and I was torn apart by it. I was basically alone during that time and had no one I felt comfortable enough to turn to. The love and support that came from you guys helped me immensely. I also really appreciate those of you who sent me cards. I will cherish them forever.

There's so many reasons and so many people that make me glad I found PT. I'm scared to name the people because I don't want to leave anyone out. Everyone is special in their own way though and I am truly grateful for the friends I've made here - from the late night AIM chat crew, to the people I've met in person, to the people who have adopted one of my fosters, to the people who I don't even talk to much but I know they are special, special people. I will come back later and list people. I'm far too emotional right now ;)

luvofallhorses
01-25-2005, 01:53 PM
well i have only been here for a month but made a few friends like orangatango(spelling?) lexi_lover i am just getting to know these people but they seem really great! and donna(puppy_love4) and luckydog are like my best friends here and chelsea is a great person to know:) and well what makes me glad that i found pet talk is all the great people that have a passion for animals like i do :D

Corinna
01-25-2005, 01:56 PM
There are so many current and unfortunaly past members who I so enjoy. I don't want to hurt any ones feelings so I won't mention name.
I find a place I can be me and you all don't care that I'm a little nuts. Helps keep me sane at work.

Kristl
01-25-2005, 03:34 PM
I just like it here because it gives me an escape from my problems for awhile! Everyone's great and helpful and I love showing people pictures of my boys!

chelsea
01-25-2005, 04:31 PM
I love this site, the people here are so friendly and sweet I'm glad I found this place. :D :D :D :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-25-2005, 05:08 PM
A lot of people. But I don't want to name any, because I don't want to make anyone feel bad. You guys know who you are.

green_chameleon_girl
01-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Im glad I found PT because of all the funny stories and pictures, the help and just the way how people are such good friends around here lol! Im so glad Karen and Paul took the time to make this site, kfamr omg i love your pics!! Amber: lol ur sooo nice to talk to on msn! haha, but mostly everyone here!!!:D

wolfsoul
01-27-2005, 02:38 PM
bump :)