PDA

View Full Version : Eukanuba National Championship

Karen
01-15-2005, 07:02 PM
Eukanuba National Championship is on RIGHT NOW live on Animal Planet! We just realized it - wanted to make sure others knew, too!

sammy101
01-15-2005, 07:03 PM
oo it is!:eek: Ill miss it but its going to be on again later,so ill have to watch it!:D

shutterbug0303
01-15-2005, 07:05 PM
Many thanks for the info Karen!!! Just turned it on! Glad I didn't miss anything! :D

Lexi_Lover
01-15-2005, 07:12 PM
Its not on for me! You guys are so lucky! :(

BCBlondie
01-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
Its not on for me! You guys are so lucky! :(
Maybe it's because you're in Canada? :confused: It's the AKC (American Kennel Club) Eukanuba Championship.... so maybe it's only on American TV? I don't know.. just a thought.

I'm watching it now!! :D

Kfamr
01-15-2005, 09:27 PM
I think I heard something about it being down here???
Is that true?

GraciesMommy
01-15-2005, 09:34 PM
Been watching since it came on including the warm up show..its great...wanted Wyatt the yorkie to win toy group..a friend of mine knows the owner and is getting a puppy out of him and another show quality yorkie~

sammy101
01-15-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I think I heard something about it being down here???
Is that true?

yup its in Tampa i think
They only did the Toy,Sporting,NonSporting,and hound groups,
tomorrow night there doing the Terrier,Working,and herding group.

heres who won so far

Non-sporting-Tibetan Terrier
Toy- Toy Poodle
Hound-Bloodhound
Sporting-Sussex Spaniel

LuvGold00
01-15-2005, 10:50 PM
I watched it, the handler that I use to show some of my dogs is there! :)
Hopefully some day one of my guys will make it that far!

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-15-2005, 11:08 PM
It wasn't on over here. All of the AKC shows come on TV in Canada like 2 months after it actually happened lol.

Giselle
01-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Can somebody clear this up?

Was Jeffrey there or not? I was told he was going to be there, but a different Peke was there (and, quite frankly, I did not think it fit the standard very well). Of course, I could not see him in person and I couldn't see his head very well. Oh well....Jeffrey will be at Westminster, right???

bckrazy
01-16-2005, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by SunKissedGoldens
I watched it, the handler that I use to show some of my dogs is there! :)
Hopefully some day one of my guys will make it that far!

thats so cool! it must be SO much fun to show your dogs and meet everyone in that huge community. I know people who show Border Collies from the BCCNC, and they're the nicest people. Your gorgeous Goldens definitely deserve to go there!! :) did you see the Golden that won viewers pick? so beautiful.

Giselle, I don't think Jefferey was there.. I thought I heard something about him retiring? I dunno? he was such a cutie!

lovemyshiba
01-16-2005, 01:19 AM
I can't remember the Peke's name?:(

How adorable was Luther, the pomeranian??? He should have taken the toy group:)

The Shiba in the non-sporting group looked typical--doing the "shiba shake" on the leash while the handler was getting him ready to walk him around:D

I had to catch the second airing of it at 11 pm since I was at work, but I wish I had been able to watch it live and vote.

DogLover9501
01-16-2005, 01:35 AM
I missed it(if it was on here) :(

Originally posted by Orangutango
It wasn't on over here. All of the AKC shows come on TV in Canada like 2 months after it actually happened lol.

Is this even if you have Animal Planet(like digital cable)?

I know that before I had digital cable, it would come on in like Feb. on a different channel like Oln or Discovery.

Giselle
01-16-2005, 02:23 AM
Jeffrey was not in Toy group and I was really surprised. I didn't know he was going to retire! Les retired, though...(I think). Needless to say, Coleman snatched Toys. It'd be SO exciting if Coleman and Jeffrey competed together. They will at Westminster, I'm pretty sure.

Note: I'm so glad the judge picked up the Peke while he was on the table. Don't know if that's standard procedure, but it should be!:)

chocolatepuppy
01-16-2005, 06:45 AM
Unfortunately I kept dozing off watching, but tonight is the herding and working group so I'll have to stay awake, they're my favorite! :D

RobiLee
01-16-2005, 07:01 AM
I missed it. :(

delidog
01-16-2005, 07:18 AM
They'll repeat it!!!

They did a new thing where you can vote on line for your favorite...

Not one online response matched the judges...

It will be on tonight again...Herding!!!

Cincy'sMom
01-16-2005, 07:26 AM
I knew it was on, and forgot!!! Dern football :D

I think I will sent a reminder on my TV right now, so I don't forget tonight!!