PDA

View Full Version : Animals Eat the Darndest Things!

Tigerlover17
04-19-2001, 04:45 PM
Eros, my friend's cat, eats the darndest things! Eros eats dog food, even though her own dish is filled. She likes to sneak over there when the puppy is away and eat the food!
Jesse, another friend's dog, eats bark on tree. She likes pickles, too. We've tried stopping her from this habit, but she persists!
Do your animals eat anything weird?

------------------
People who think they cannot buy love have never bought an animal.

margaret
04-21-2001, 09:04 PM
It's funny, both of my cats just like the famous Morris: Totally finicky. They never stray from their favorite: chicken (as a cat food ingredient or just plain old chicken meat). No weird tastes! Just chicken. They turn their noses up at everything else... Go figure...

------------------
~Margaret

Ben E Gas
04-26-2001, 11:48 AM
My cat, Zezu will try to eat anykind of food. But we have to stop him because he ends up throwing it up. He has to be used to the food for him to hold it down.

nsweezie
04-26-2001, 12:24 PM
I have 2 cats, and live with my sister, who has 3 cats and a dog. The dog much prefers the cat food, and the cats will fight with each other to finish the dogs food. I sometimes feel like a referee trying to keep each animal in their own corner eating their own food.

thelmalu99
04-26-2001, 12:35 PM
nsweezie, I know what you mean...my turtle, Yertle, is always trying to get into Charlie's food dish. One day I walked into the kitchen, and there was Yertle with his face in Charlie's bowl. Charlie was just standing there like, >Hey, that's mine!<
He only does it when it's a seafood flavor food, though. Now, I always give him a little bit so that he will let Charlie eat in peace.
Charlie does the same...whenever I give Yertle a wedge of tomato, Charlie wants to lick it. I have to give him one of his own.

These guys crack me up!

Ben E Gas
04-26-2001, 02:16 PM
That is too funny! I've never seen Igor eat my cat's food. I think it's because, Zezu eats up his wet food in less than a minute and leaves the dry food there to snack on. Zezu is always trying to get into the turtle's cage though. Especially when I leave roast beef in there. Also, because of the sand.

Jasper's Mom
04-27-2001, 09:10 AM
My two nutty dogs love bananas, grapes and ice cubes, and each others food dish when they get a chance.

kachuma
05-15-2001, 04:47 PM
My Weim had a sock penchant for years. Especially my husband's already used ones, yuck. This is getting better mostly because there is a "no sock on the floor" policy in our house now. She never had to be operated on and the sock would eventually come out. I have read about other weimaraners that eat objects which are not traditionally considered food.

Westie Woman
05-15-2001, 06:56 PM
My cat, Tosca, eats cantaloupe, cream cheese, butter, yougurt, and turkey. She loves them all too. You can't eat a bagel w/out her coming up on the chairs next to you and waiting, as if to say, "When does my portion come?"

[This message has been edited by Westie Woman (edited May 15, 2001).]

Raz_Taz_88
05-18-2001, 07:46 PM
My cat Chaucer eats dog food and dog treats or any dairy things or meat