PDA

View Full Version : REQUEST: Prayers for my little boys, please...

Samantha Puppy
01-14-2005, 07:42 AM
Today Sushi and Kirin are being neutered. I know the procedure is not too invasive and they'll be fine, but I'm a mom - I worry, it's my job. So please keep them both in your thoughts and prayers today.

I just hope that this doesn't change their behavior any. They're both such sweet kittens, I love their personalities now. Does neutering usually have an affect on temperament, etc.?

The boys posing nice for Mommy...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid154/p348c7298bfc5fdad5cc71d44d3d62447/f579d7ab.jpg

catnapper
01-14-2005, 07:45 AM
Good luck little boys.... and it will change their personalities --- and make them SWEETER and MORE LOVING!

Cataholic
01-14-2005, 08:07 AM
Good luck, little ones! May you recover in no time (is as usually the case with boy kittens). Tell Meowmie you will be fine and dandy, and no change for the worse!!

kimlovescats
01-14-2005, 08:55 AM
Good luck precious little tabby boys!!! We'll see you later, and meowmmy will give you extra lovies!!!:D

Samantha Puppy
01-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Good luck precious little tabby boys!!! We'll see you later, and meowmmy will give you extra lovies!!!:D Actually, Sushi's a Maine Coon. :) Kirin's a tabby though!

Thanks for the prayers, everyone!

Barbara
01-14-2005, 09:35 AM
Sushi and Kirin will be fine- I know as I have two boys who went through it:)

And the personality doesn't change, if any they can get a little sweeter;)

I have not seen them for quite some time and missed them already,

Killearn Kitties
01-14-2005, 10:30 AM
Good luck little boys. :) I'm sure you will be just fine.

jazzcat
01-14-2005, 10:36 AM
I'm sure they will be fine. I was just in your place last Thursday with R&R and it was hard not to worry. Rocky was back to normal in about 36 hours. They kept them overnight and both slept a lot the first day home but the second day home was business as usual and he hasn't stopped since.

So far no noticable changes in Rocky but it will take a few months for the hormone levels to drop significantly to notice a change in behavior or temperment. He's already the sweetest kitty in the house so if he gets sweeter, all the better.

ramanth
01-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Good luck to them! :D

K & L
01-14-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
Today Sushi and Kirin are being neutered. I know the procedure is not too invasive and they'll be fine, but I'm a mom - I worry, it's my job. So please keep them both in your thoughts and prayers today.

I just hope that this doesn't change their behavior any. They're both such sweet kittens, I love their personalities now. Does neutering usually have an affect on temperament, etc.?

The boys posing nice for Mommy...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid154/p348c7298bfc5fdad5cc71d44d3d62447/f579d7ab.jpg

Usually it changes it for the better! Good luck, all will be fine.

catmandu
01-14-2005, 11:21 AM
That will help,thier Purrsonalities,and they wont spray,or fight,as much,and they will mellow out!

Kristl
01-14-2005, 11:24 AM
when Thor was neutered he changed into the sweetest boy ever right away...he was also less insanely hyper! when Mason had it done he was P.O'd at me for a couple days and now he's so loving and affectoinate...it's annoying at times!:)

Samantha Puppy
01-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by catmandu
That will help,thier Purrsonalities,and they wont spray,or fight,as much,and they will mellow out! I can't say that a little mellowing wouldn't be nice... especially at night when my husband and I are trying to get to sleep! As for spraying, they hadn't begun that yet, so thankfully I won't ever have to deal with that! And they get along very well, I've never seen them do anything but play-fight/wrestle... unless they wait 'til Mommy's gone and beat the snot out of each other while I'm at work!! LOL

Appreciate the information and especially the thoughts and prayers. I can't wait to see the little buggers tonight... I just hope Samantha doesn't miss them and really want to play and chase them like they usually do in the evenings.

Samantha Puppy
01-14-2005, 02:06 PM
I just called the hospital. She said that they were both done and doing well and would be ready to leave after 5pm. I can't wait to get them home!

smokey the elder
01-14-2005, 02:29 PM
If they're like TicTac after he got neutered, they'll turn into five star mushes!

jazzcat
01-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
I just called the hospital. She said that they were both done and doing well and would be ready to leave after 5pm. I can't wait to get them home!
Great news!

Jods
01-14-2005, 03:46 PM
I missed this thread... Glad everything went well though!

rg_girlca
01-14-2005, 04:19 PM
Glad to hear that all went well and I bet you can't wait to get them home.:)

Sushi and Kirin, gentle hugs and kisses to you sweet boys.

catcrazylady
01-14-2005, 06:37 PM
I'm late but I'm so glad that everything went ok and it's all over and done with.
Kissies and {{{HUGS}}} to the sweet boys.