PDA

View Full Version : What should i put in Lucy's crate?

sammy101
01-13-2005, 06:33 PM
im just wondering what i should be putting in her crate.Were using my RB Beagles travel crate,and it works good.We have a couple of blankets in there.but im just wondering what else i should put in there?
Toys?Treats?...
any other suggestions would be great!:)

Kristl
01-13-2005, 06:42 PM
i have an old fleece coat of mine in Bull's crate and a couple toys so he doesn't get bored. i don't put treats in there because it adds to the risk that he could have an accident in there and slow down the potty training process...good luck

FuzzyGizmo
01-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Ive shipped my Lhasa Apso many places. Even when we moved from Germany to Italy (thank you US ARMY) he did just fine with a very fluffy blanket i mean sooo comfy you want to steal it. He also did great not drinking anything for 5 hours before the flight and right before he got on he went outside for a bathroom break. Just a big fluffy blanket will do fine unless you dog has a very very special toy he always has with him. My dog also was shipped back to the states several times. Make sure the blanket smells like his favorate onwer.

bckrazy
01-13-2005, 09:34 PM
yeah, a warm blanket is always good. I line the hard tray part of Gonzo's crate with a soft cotton sheet and put his fleece crate mat on top of that. Only put toys in (when she's unsupervised) if they're indestructable.. like, she can have her puppy kong in there to gnaw on, or a nylabone or marrow bone as chewy treats. Gonzo would never ever destroy his plushes when he was a pup.. he still has his little sheep, which was one of the first toys we got him.

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-13-2005, 09:35 PM
All of my dogs have fleece blankets in there crates:) I also usually put a kong in with them.

Kfamr
01-13-2005, 09:44 PM
I personally wouldn't leave a puppy with anything but a kong.
At first before we knew we could trust Kiara, all we had in her crate were a few towels.
Now she has one of those 2 or so inch crate pads and some blankets. She doesn't go in there anymore though while we're away, just to eat. She now gets free-roam of my room and that's how it will always be. :) (I don't trust all 3 of them alone together)
I fill up her kong for her and she's usually still playing with it when we get back.

I also leave on some classical music for her, and the light. :D

Never know if she'll get the urge to kill a stuffy. ;)

Vette
01-13-2005, 11:38 PM
I used to put a small cat bed for Kirby in his crate with a small bowl of water. he kept spilling the water almost every other day so i stopped putting that in there. then he decided to dig at his bed till it was in pieces. so now he has nothing in there except for a couple of really soft blanket and i always keep a few dog treats in there with him.

i wouldnt put toys in there though. might choke or swallow something they shouldnt and youd have no way of knowing till its too late.