PDA

View Full Version : Frosty puppers..

Glacier
01-13-2005, 05:24 PM
It's clear, sunny and -45C here right now! I've been outside splitting wood--it's so easy in these temps. Stare at the logs hard enough and they splinter! I had lots of frosty helpers with me!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/bandit_woodshed.jpg
Bandit--"mom you need a paw with all this wood?"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/delta.jpg
Frosty Delta

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/frosty_delta.jpg
Close up of Frosty Delta. I'd like him to come inside and defrost, but he refuses to come near the door!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/franky_snow.jpg
Franklin hanging out right by the door--just waiting to get back on the couch!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/earle_doggerhouse.jpg
Earle snug as a bug in his house full of straw.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/paxil.jpg
Paxil having a great time running around. She thinks the house dogs are wimps! She likes to come inside, eat, sniff a few things and go back outside. She loves not being on a chain anymore. She's so happy to run around the yard.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Scenery/me_jan13.jpg
Me after about 15 minutes outside chopping wood!

luvofallhorses
01-13-2005, 05:27 PM
cute pics :D :D :D

bckrazy
01-13-2005, 05:29 PM
aww! what beautiful pics of your dogs! oh my gosh, it looks really cold outside... I *love* the one of Franklin waiting to go back inside! he might not ever want to go back out again ;)

your poor hair! rotflol... looks like a bad hair day :p. thats such a cute picture though, soooo funny!

Kristl
01-13-2005, 05:30 PM
wow, it sure looks cold there. here in Illinois we think it's freezing cold it it's below 10 degrees F! Your dogs are so cute. Do they get cold? Maybe not, theuy're probably bred to withstand the cold.

sammy101
01-13-2005, 05:35 PM
aww your poor hair!:D I love the photo of Earle,he's a beautiful dog,well of course all your dogs are beautiful!:)
It looks really cold there!Im not jealous of the temperature,but i am of the snow!

lute
01-13-2005, 05:43 PM
ahhh...your hair is frozen!

Kiia
01-13-2005, 06:16 PM
:eek: -45! darn cold!

It was -40 here a few weeks ago, that was with windchill.

Beautiful dogs :)

anna_66
01-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Whoa! It's COLD there:eek: I remember my hair frosting like that when I lived in ND. Too cold for me!

Needless to say the pups don't look a bit chilly to me:D

Great pics Glacier!

LuvGold00
01-13-2005, 08:38 PM
Great pictures! WoW, I could never live in a place that cold! I can barely stand living in New Hampshire! :)

shutterbug0303
01-13-2005, 08:55 PM
All I can say is..."BBRRRRR" !! lol Way too cold for me. The pics are Delta are just stunning! Everyone looks so happy for the cold and snow! I guess that's what "snow dogs" live for! hehe

Glacier
01-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Kristl
Do they get cold? Maybe not, theuy're probably bred to withstand the cold.

Not really. They like to come inside and hang out, but they like that in the summer too! Pacer pretends to shiver so he can get inside faster. He even tries that trick in July!:D They have lots of shelter and warm straw and thick, dense coats. They are actually more active when it's cold. They eat way more in the cold too! I've read that huskies can survive at up to -70C without much difficulty. Hopefully, it won't get that cold!

cali
01-13-2005, 09:13 PM
lol I have to commend you for going out and chopping wood in that weather! lol my weather keeps changing but its not getting warmer then -40 currently its -50. I sure as heck wont go outside unless absolutly, positivily nessisary lol I have been meaning to get pics of my guys in the snow, but I am hoping it will get warmer first! lol my poor BCs are going stir crazy with 2 weeks of -50*C temps lol

petslover
01-13-2005, 09:30 PM
aww. I love all the pictures. It must be really cold for your hair to freeze!! brrr!

jazzzytina
01-14-2005, 06:43 AM
Those are stunning dogs! So beautiful, so chilly! ;)

Miranda_Rae
01-14-2005, 08:46 AM
You have such adorable helpers! :D I like the one of Earle in his little house. :) My gosh! Your hair and your face! :eek: Its COLD there! I don't envy you. :p

Glacier
01-14-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by cali
lol I have to commend you for going out and chopping wood in that weather! lol my weather keeps changing but its not getting warmer then -40 currently its -50. I sure as heck wont go outside unless absolutly, positivily nessisary lol I have been meaning to get pics of my guys in the snow, but I am hoping it will get warmer first! lol my poor BCs are going stir crazy with 2 weeks of -50*C temps lol

Well, if I had a choice I'd probably stay inside too, but I heat my house with a wood stove and a proprane furnance. Propane turns solid at -40 so it's useless to me right now. The woodstove has to be kept fired up all the time. Hubby has a bad back and cant' split wood so that leaves me!

cloverfdx
01-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Wow that is cold Brrrrrr. lol i love the pic of you, your poor hair :D. Great photos and beautiful as always.
Thanks for sharing.

molucass
01-14-2005, 12:06 PM
All of your pups are adorable. :) Great pics as always!
I must say though, I'm quite fond of Franklin.. and Delta has such a sweet face.

The look on Franklin's face in that picture is priceless. :D He says "Stop pointing that thing at me and let me back in the house!"

ramanth
01-14-2005, 12:13 PM
That's -49 F!! :eek: :eek: *faints*

I was shivering uncontrollably this morning taking Kia outside and it was only 20 F. :rolleyes:

I commend you. You all look cute with a coating of frost though! :D

What's the coldest it'll normally get in that area?

Glacier
01-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
That's -49 F!! :eek: :eek: *faints*

What's the coldest it'll normally get in that area?

This about as cold as it will get. Occasionally we hit -50C for a few days. Between -20 and -35C (-4 to -31F) are pretty normal winter temps. The windchill often makes it feel colder, but it's pretty calm today.

K9soul
01-14-2005, 01:26 PM
They handle the cold much better than my two. It's not quite as cold but so close as it doesn't make a lot of difference, when I go from a 70F house to a subzero outdoors with wind, it just plain feels painfully cold whether it's -15 or -30! It was -32 C with -41C wind chill here this morning, I definitely think MN takes the cake for coldest winters in the U.S. Your pups are accustomed and bred for it but my two are pitiful outside as they try to go potty while lifting cold/stinging feet off the ground! Thank God I don't have to go out into it for any length of time! Stay warm up there!

Fett
01-27-2005, 11:45 PM
That's C-O-L-D!!!!! Brrrrrrr.... I shiver when it's below 65 degrees Farenheit. Can't fathom -50 degrees. You canucks are tough!!! :)

K9karen
01-27-2005, 11:55 PM
Thanks, Kim..I was trying to figure out the temp in Far,..but any number preceded by a "-" is WAY too cold for me! I need a cup of hot chocolate just looking at those wonderful pictures! I may never complain about how cold I "think" it is here... :rolleyes: :eek:

RobiLee
01-28-2005, 08:35 AM
Ohhh my, all I can say is WOW!!! Hubby and I are looking at your pics and all we can say is BRRRrrrrrr!!! Too cold!!!! I guess I should quit complaining about the cold winters in Ohio...lol.

Love your pics and pups as always, Glacier!

Robin :)