PDA

View Full Version : Connor Update

Ally Cat's Mommy
01-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Just a short update on my Connor-baby!!

Thanks to all of you the the PT prayers, thoughts and PM's - they are definately working. His eye is looking MUCH better, the swelling and redness is almost gone. It is still cloudy though, so at this stage the status of his VISION in this eye is still uncertain, but I am hopeful that he will recover. (One thing that was weighing on my mind was the stories regarding the problems of aftercare, drainage etc if the eye had to be removed - stories that I have read both here and on the disabled cats group to which I belong (Hi QSL!!!) so if he is able to keep the eye, even with limited vision, it will be a blessing!!

Hubby has been away on business (in Houston TX), but it has been heartwarming that, after his initial apparant indifference, once he realised how serious this health issue was, his first question on the phone daily has been "How is Connor's eye doing today?".

By the way, whilst he was sedated the vet popped him on the scales and by BIG BOY weighed in at just over 22 POUNDS!!! (Remember, he is not a big breed, like a Main Coon - he is a Russian Blue Mix). The vet has suggested that Connor "might"need to go on a diet once he has recovered!!!

ramanth
01-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Great news! I hope the eye continues to get better. Wow Connor! You're a big boy! :D

catlover4ever
01-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Well you just might want to sedate Connor when you tell him that he may need to go on a diet:D ;) ;) ;)

Julie, I am so glad to hear that his eye is looking better. I hope that his eye continues to get better and that he will not have to have the eye removed.

Continue to keep us posted. {{{ hugs }}} Meg

Kirsten
01-13-2005, 02:28 PM
That's definitely good news about Connor!! (Of course he won't like the diet idea very much, I suppose... )

Connor, we all wish you a speedy and full recovery here!!

Kirsten, Luna & Lily

Karen
01-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Glad for the good news. We'll just not think about that d-word until he's all better anyway!

Randi
01-13-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Connor's eye is looking better, I really hope it will clear up and he will keep it!! Conner is a such a wonderful boy, and in Fisters league weightwise. :D

catnapper
01-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Cooner, glad to hear you're feeling better, but my goodness sweetie, you have been eating well lately haven't you? :D

Killearn Kitties
01-13-2005, 03:53 PM
This is encouraging news! Still keeping my fingers crossed for beautiful Connor! :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-13-2005, 03:58 PM
I am sooo glad to hear Connor's eye is doing better.. I CAN NOT believe that he weighs 22 pounds.. what a healthy boy!!! :)

Im still praying for him.. I hope he keeps his eye and all his vision..

and we need to see some pictures!!! ;) :D

Barbara
01-13-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm so happy that Connor's eye is doing better:)
But I think the d-word will have to chime in once he is healthy again- just so that he stays healthy. Tigris is really big boned and not slim and weighs 13 lb.

But first: keeping these thoughts up, and no un-crossing of fingers:D

kimlovescats
01-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Hi Julie! It's so great to see you back on PT. I'm so sorry that Connor is having these eye problems, but at least it sounds like he is getting some relief!

((HUGS))
Kim;)

CalliesMom
01-13-2005, 04:58 PM
What a good boy he is! I hope Connor only improves and believe me, there is nothing wrong with 22 lbs of kitty. It just means there is more to love! ;)

NoahsMommy
01-13-2005, 06:10 PM
This is really good news!! :) :) :) Keep on healing that eye, sweetie!

QueenScoopalot
01-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Julie, Glad to hear Connor's eye's improving! Yup..I see you around the Yahoo groups boards lol! ~waving HI~! :D Brandon says to Connor....stop the snacking though Brandon sure can't ;) and sends nose rubs, and love bites! I can't get over how much they look like each other..and both deaf! :eek:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/BrandondiscoverscatfoodHeaven.jpg

shais_mom
01-14-2005, 12:03 AM
yea for the Big boy Connor

Don't worry Kylie is going to get the same lecture in a few weeks!

krazyaboutkatz
01-14-2005, 12:11 AM
Julie, I'm glad to hear that Connor's eye is doing better.:) I would've never guessed that Connor weighs 22lbs. He sure doesn't look that large. Prayers and positive thoughts are still coming your way. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

Vio&Juni
01-14-2005, 11:15 AM
I am so glad that Connor's eye is better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/BrandondiscoverscatfoodHeaven.jpg
If I couldn't see the long tail in this picture, I would have thought it's Connor :D

catmandu
01-14-2005, 11:32 AM
The Found Cats,are so pleased,that thier Prayers,have worked,and that Connor,thier Party Pal,is doing better!

Ally Cat's Mommy
01-15-2005, 01:01 PM
Just a quick update re Connor! His eye is looking much better, and the cloudiness is also clearing up. He will be going back to the vet for a check-up in the next couple of days, but things are looking GOOD!!

Thanks again everyone for all the PM,s Prayers and support! You are the BEST!!

Love,

Julie

Kirsten
01-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Ahhh, that's very good news!!!

Best wishes to Connor for his visit at the white coats!!!

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
01-15-2005, 01:58 PM
Julie, this is wonderful news!!!:D I sure hope that everything goes well at his next vet visit.:)

rg_girlca
01-15-2005, 02:58 PM
What a relief to read that Connor's eye is looking much better.

Hope and pray that it continues to do so and he has a great vet visit.