PDA

View Full Version : Charity for Charity

Ally Cat's Mommy
01-13-2005, 01:29 PM
Some of you probably know that I volunteer for the ONLY animal shelter in Bahrain. It's high-kill, and every month is a battle for survival, but I am so proud of them right now that I HAD to share this with you all.

Our main fund-raiser is a Thrift Shop, where we accept, sort and price various second-hand clothes and house-hold goods, and sell them to raise money. Last week the wonderul ladies at the shop sent OVER 30 BOXES of clothes and other good to the Tsunami relief effort. That makes me so proud!! We hope that 2005 will be a landmark year for the BSPCA, as we will hopefully have raised enough funds to commence work on our new custom-built shelter(our current one is a collection of broken-down buildings and pre-fabs).

I was out shopping today, and I was picking up some bath products and cosmetics for myself, when I noticed a special on hot water bottles, so I put my "girl stuff"back and bought some hot water bottles for the shelter instead (we need them for the puppies). I may look less than pretty for the next month, but a whole load of puppies will have warm beds to sleep in ;)

I am standing on the principle that "what goes around, comes around" and that this year will be a GREAT one for the shelter.

catlover4ever
01-13-2005, 01:52 PM
You are absolutely right....what comes around, goes around and you and the shelter will be blessed 10 fold for the kindness in your hearts.

Logan
01-13-2005, 01:59 PM
You made a wonderful decision, Julie. Good for you!!! You are beautiful, inside and out!!!! :)

zippy-kat
01-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Awww... the thought of warm snuggly puppies makes me melt!

Best of luck to the animal shelter in 2005. :)

catmandu
01-14-2005, 11:44 AM
I agree,with thatm,as as much trouble,as the Found Cats,can be,I cant even begin,to imagine life,without thier love.

kimlovescats
01-14-2005, 12:00 PM
INCREDIBLE Julie, and doing for others is the #1 best way to feel good about ourselves!!!

HUGS,
Kim;)

LabradorLover
01-14-2005, 12:06 PM
That's so nice of you :) I hope the shelter has a great year in 2005.

jenluckenbach
01-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Your entire post makes me SMILE!

krazyaboutkatz
01-15-2005, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Your entire post makes me SMILE!
I agree.:D

catcrazylady
01-15-2005, 07:10 AM
What a wonderful post! Giving kindness and caring to others in need can only bring good things in return. {{{HUGS}}} to you Julie and all those involved.:) :) :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-15-2005, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
I agree.:D

me too!! How super-sweet of you, Julie!!!