PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide on my next piercing!

sirrahved
01-13-2005, 10:24 AM
I recently got my left tragus pierced, and now I'm trying to decide how to mutilate the right ear :D Vote for your favorite, or show a pic/describe what you think would look good. Thanks!

Pic 1

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid154/p517fb46c6a2dd64b122863ffb77e3833/f57c4931.jpg

Pic 2

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid154/pffa291e8b70216faf8a223e9991fc383/f57c4930.jpg

Pic 3

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid154/p155b60cdbd58513553a7612afa77ed15/f57c492f.jpg

Pic 4

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid154/p585823a5ed9896eaca1e8206c852bd9f/f57c47ec.jpg

moosmom
01-13-2005, 10:29 AM
I had my cartilidge pearced about 6 months ago and it has just stopped being sore recently. I can't even IMAGINE having it pierced again like any of the pictures, so I didn't vote.

How about an eyebrow???

Karen
01-13-2005, 10:37 AM
#2 depending on your ear shape. What piercings do you have in your right ear so far?

sirrahved
01-13-2005, 10:40 AM
I've thought about a more visible or extreme piercing (i.e. a tongue ring, nose ring, or an eyebrow ring) but Jason and I are going out on vicarage in June. (for those of you that don't know, vicarage in our denomination is a sort of apprentice pastorship.) The average age of the average congregation in our denom is like... 50 or so! (no, I'm not kidding) I don't want anything that will upset the old fuddy-duddies.

moosmom- I've enjoyed my tragus piercing so much! I really only had a few days of pain. Too bad yours wasn't a better experience!

sirrahved
01-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Karen (and all others wondering)-

I just have 1 hole in the right side... "normal" earring location. I'd love to post pictures of my ears, but I can't find my camera!

kuhio98
01-13-2005, 10:45 AM
I voted other because I don't care for piercings. It's your body so what do I know?

luvofallhorses
01-13-2005, 10:53 AM
pic 2 looks like it hurts :eek: I don't know but a girl in my class has a piercing like that YIKES!!

Logan
01-13-2005, 11:38 AM
I'm a one hole in each earlobe sort of person too, so I voted "other" (translate to "no more"). :o I don't think there is anything worse than a tongue piercing, though. People fight having lisps and then there are others who intentionally insert something into their tongue that gives them one! :rolleyes: I dont' think I'll ever understand that one. I do think that certain ear piercings are attractive, just not for me.

Maybe I'm one of those middle aged "fuddy duddies", but I don't think so. I just think that most professions will not look kindly on some of the wild things that people do to their body's these days, when considering one for employment. I guess that would be my greatest concern. But "to each his own", so have at it!! I know there are things about my body that I could enhance to make myself more attractive, #1 losing a significant amount of weight, and buying more attractive clothes, and there are probably those out there that see me and think I need to do that!!! :o

dukedogsmom
01-13-2005, 11:45 AM
None of those appealed to me. I agree about either eyebrow or I would like nose. However, I can't get any of those because of my job. I voted for 4 because that's the one I liked the best out of those 4

Ally Cat's Mommy
01-13-2005, 12:04 PM
Congrats on the Tragus!! Did you not post about it, or did I just miss the thread?? Don't you LOVE it???

Of the 4 you posted now, I would go for #2 or #4. (Number 1 looks like a double industrial with curved instead of straight bars - am I correct? I think I prefer that to a regular industrial)

My tongue is next on my list, but I cannot get it done here, so I will have to wait until my next vacation. Let us know what you decide!

sirrahved
01-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
Congrats on the Tragus!! Did you not post about it, or did I just miss the thread?? Don't you LOVE it???

Of the 4 you posted now, I would go for #2 or #4. (Number 1 looks like a double industrial with curved instead of straight bars - am I correct? I think I prefer that to a regular industrial)

My tongue is next on my list, but I cannot get it done here, so I will have to wait until my next vacation. Let us know what you decide!

I never posted about it... it felt like today was the first time in a LONG time that I had time to breathe! I got it done with 18 g. I loved the whole experience and now I want about a billion piercings!

You are correct about the labeling of #1. I think the curved barbell looks more feminine, and also more like it's jewelry (rather than a rod shoved through your ear)

Have fun with the tongue piercing! I can't wait to see pics ;)

binka_nugget
01-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Congrats!! :D I just got my tragus done today too.

Personally, I really like conches. I came really close to choosing a conch over a tragus.

http://www.totallypierced.com.au/images/piercings/conch-1.jpg

(I prefer CBR's over circular barbells in conches though)

Tonya
01-13-2005, 10:48 PM
#1, I love that piercing!

Sirrahsim
01-13-2005, 10:55 PM
I think that tongue piercings are the best:D :D As long as you wear a properly fitting barbell it is rare to have a lisp with one:) You're probably right though, the old folks at your church would probably not approve:eek: :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/sirrahsim/Dsc00584.jpg

Youc ould always get it done later on:D :D They are lots of fun, and I haven't had any complaints from the officer folk that I work with every day at my job:D

In the mean time, I voted for number 1:)

bluekat
01-13-2005, 11:47 PM
Those all look good but painful!:eek: (LOL I love piercings but I don't have any because I can't stand the pain! Hahah)

But I like #2 the best;)

sirrahbed
01-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by sirrahved
I got it done with 18 g. I loved the whole experience and now I want about a billion piercings!

I hope DH is good at funerals and cardiac visits:rolleyes:

Oh, and I voted no more, but think a matching tragus would be a good limit:)

catnapper
01-14-2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Oh, and I voted no more, but think a matching tragus would be a good limit:)
Very diplomatic of you mom! :D

I also vote matching tragus, then no more. Some jobs you just need to keep up a certain appearance. Hubby's a teacher and he has to be sooo very careful about his actions and such outside of school as well as in school. For example, he's not allowed to go to any strip clubs beause if a kid, parent, or board member saw him enter/exit the club, he'd lose his job (and if the wife finds out he'd be sleeping on the couch for quite some time but thats another whole issue! :D :p ) but he has to watch what he says & does in public because there is an expected code of conduct, just like there is an expected "look" for a minister's wife.

sirrahved
01-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Matching tragus was what I originally thought, too. My piercer, however, says that my tragus on the right is really too small to pierce. He said I would risk rejection and migration, plus it would stick straight out from the side of my head!

Thanks, everyone, for your input. I think I've decided on pic #2 (with your help... thanks!) and no, I won't be GETTING a billion more... I just WANT them! I won't be eligible for Ripley's any time soon!.

luvofallhorses
01-14-2005, 08:52 AM
I had my belly button pierced when I was 16 with my mom's consent(I was a lot skinnier then) and I took the ring out to clean it and it closed :( :( I might get it done again someday but it hurt like h e l l!! It was worse than getting my cartilage pierced on my ear :eek:

cloverfdx
01-14-2005, 09:02 AM
I didn't vote, none of those realy caught my eye ;). But what ever you chose i am sure you will love. I think the Tragus piercings look "great", that being my next.

Miranda_Rae
01-14-2005, 01:10 PM
I voted other cause I'm not really into those piercings. I want to get one in each ear where a "normal" earing would go and a cartilage piercing, and thats about it. I'm a simply girl. ;) But, its all up to and which one YOU like the best. I'm not much help am I? hehe. :p

tikeyas_mom
01-14-2005, 01:21 PM
i vote number 1~~~ it is super cute!!! and unique!!! i recently got my tongue peirced, i love it.. i cant stop playing with it ;)... it is all healed up and stuff dont worry ;)...

here is a pic of my tongue.....

jazzcat
01-14-2005, 01:42 PM
I voted other because I don't care for a lot of piercing.

PepperRSM
01-14-2005, 01:57 PM
I voted #2 although I think all of them look pretty cool. I like peircings a lot, but I'm too chicken to get any done :o A few months ago I wanted an industrial, but, of course, I chickened out and my dad wasn't too fond of the idea anyway :rolleyes:

Karen
01-14-2005, 02:16 PM
Oh, good! I voted for #2. Plus it is easily hidden by wearing your hair down when doing those vicarage visits.

As for those who recommended eyebrows - I know a girl who had it done, and then regretted it, because when she decided to stop wearing an earring there, she said it just looked like a permanent zit. NOT a look she was going for!

Keep it clean - be scrupulous about it, and watch it carefully for infection, as there's less "flesh" there, and an infection can get very painful very quickly. (A long time ago I worked at an Earring Tree and pierced other people's ears, and that's what the manager told me to tell anyone who got pierced above the "fleshy" part of the lobe.)

mina'smomma
01-14-2005, 02:46 PM
I voted other. I think if you're going to be around a bunch of fuddy-duddys then maybe you should get your naval pierced. I had my done and work my belly ring until I got too fat to have it look good. It's discreet and only the people that you want can see it.

cookieluver7
01-14-2005, 04:03 PM
I said number 1! ;)