PDA

View Full Version : Quick CJ Tailz

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-13-2005, 09:43 AM
I've got a busy day today, but wanted to give you a quick uppydate on Cracker Jack.

He hates me. Everytime I look at him or talk to him he crouches down, ready to bolt if I make a move towards him. :( He's too smart for his own good! I bought some pill pockets last night. They worked once. I even gave him an empty one so he got one that tasted really good, all to no avail. He would NOT eat it this morning. I tried crushing into his wet food. I knew it wouldn't work and sure enough, he sniffed, took one lick, looked squinty eyed at me and ran out the room. So I had to grab him and shove it in. :(

Other than that, things are going well. Only heard one hiss from Peanut and that was when CJ was blocking her path. She comes in the bathroom with me in the morning. When I opened the door to come out, HE was there and wouldn't move, so she hissed, he moved and all was well again. :rolleyes: :D

Also, I have a small bag of catnip that I keep up on the counter near the microwave. So far I have not seen him on the counters. He can jump up on things when he wants to, but he's not a cat that has to be up on things. Well....obviously he was up on the counter sometime during the night because that little bag of catnip was on the living room floor this morning. Thank goodness it was still closed so there wasn't catnip all over the place. ;) :D

And finally some quick pictures. In this first one, he was even more "sprawly" but the camera wasn't quick enough and here he is already starting to get up and run because "that nasty lady is looking at me!" Gotta put this one in the purrno thread too.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid154/pa7005a70471924561e153dccbbf6aec6/f57c697e.jpg

And here he is having breakfast with daddy. He adores daddy and will come to him, roll over and act cute for him and everything he was doing before, he just won't do it when I'm around. :(
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid154/p91cc6b971de6418ef051da4ff3d16fe6/f57c6984.jpg

Daddy asking him what he would like for breakfast.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid154/p7ed66c76040240214b20a4a4b8a1f5ce/f57c697f.jpg

Jack replying "are you kidding? I don't want no stinking treats, I want milk!"
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid154/p27dd50ae20ca5bbe4d158fbabe241d52/f57c6982.jpg

Enjoy! :D

Killearn Kitties
01-13-2005, 09:52 AM
:D He's a very cute boy!! He doesn't hate you! He's just a cat and their Union dictates that you have to make a fuss when faced with a pill!

K & L
01-13-2005, 09:56 AM
I'm sure with time and when the medicine stops he'll come around. Maybe try giving him special treats only from you once in a while. That way he'll see you also bring good things!:) I'm so glad he's doing better and just love the photos.

ramanth
01-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Oh Debbie, I don't think CJ hates you! He just doesn't understand that he needs his medicine.

Can Terry help medicate?

Once his treatments end, he'll love up to you again. Just you wait and see. :)

catlover4ever
01-13-2005, 10:20 AM
Debbie, Abner does the same thing when I have to medicate him....he crouches down and then runs the other way. I started to have Mark help me...I have Mark grab Abner and then bring him to me. This way he has started to trust me again and not Mark....maybe have Terry help with CJ.

I love the pictures of CJ and Daddy at the breakfast table....adorable.

slick
01-13-2005, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the uppdate Debbie. Don't worry about CJ hating you. Speckles is the same way. The last time she had a UTI, she refused to come near me for days, even after the medication was used up. He'll come around eventually. Please pass on some chin scritches to them for me.

hugs
slick
xo

MULTICATMOM
01-13-2005, 10:39 AM
CJ DOESN'T HATE YOU, HE HATES MEDS!! AND YOU ARE THE SOURCE:rolleyes: DAIRY DAISY HAS BEEN HERE SINCE JULY AND STILL RUNS OFF... SHE'S A CAT THAT HAS TO BE UP HIGH. FUNNY THOUGH SHE'LL SLEEP WITH ME... AND ON THE TV!
CJ'S AVOIDING MEDICATION NOT HIS NEW MEOWMIE!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Hey MCM! Good to see you again! :D

Barbara
01-13-2005, 10:56 AM
It's as I said before- he did not have enough time to make friends with you when the meds started. So you'll have to start again after that period- but he'll come around.

He looks so sweet talking to Daddy:)

Hang on Debbie- the day will come when you know it's just one more pill (Tigris is getting his last one tomorrow morning:D - after ten days I need a morning where I can wake up without being afraid of pilling the cat;) )

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-13-2005, 11:09 AM
awww

Debbie... don't worry too much..
after all the meds are gone you will be best buds in no time..

His pictures are so cute.. he looks just like Tinky when I'm eating cereal.. she will sit real close to me and cock her head to the side looking REALLY CUTE until i'm done.. then I let my little girl drink the milk..:D

Now we need some pictures of Peanut!!:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-13-2005, 11:59 AM
He associates (sp??) you with pills...!
Don't worry, Debbie, once the "pilling-season" is over, he will trust you again!!

manda_moo87
01-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Hehehe... I love the look on his face. :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid154/p27dd50ae20ca5bbe4d158fbabe241d52/f57c6982.jpg

Freckles
01-13-2005, 08:22 PM
May or may not work for CJ:
I bought a can of canned pumpkin (not pie filling). I keep it in the fridge in a glass container.
So when I give her the pill, I put about a teaspoon of pumpkin in a clean bowl, zap it for about 5 seconds and crush the pill into it. For a few days, that all I needed to do and she ate all the pumpkin. After a few more days she wouldn't eat it, so I added a few crunchies. (She eats only dry food.) So now she eats it all. Then I add more crunchies. I am on my third can of pumpkin so It's working for her! :)

sirrahbed
01-13-2005, 08:29 PM
Gosh, Debbie - I have not posted once about your new baby!! I have to get back on top of things around here:) Cracker Jack is totally adorable and oh so orange!! Orange boys will love you forever - as will CJ when the medication time is over. I imagine you DO feel terrible and rejected though ) I would. At my house, I am *always* the bad guy. Dennis's job is to grab kitty afterwards and say "awww..what's mommy doing to you??":p

When this part is over, Peanut can go back to being daddy's girl and I bet you have a big ole sweetheart on your hands!!:D

OH! One idea I have used a few times is mixing crushed meds in their vitamin paste (Gimpets) Lori sent me some ansd since mine are still battling on and off digestive trouble - this paste is wonderful for meds because they love it SOOOO much! I wipe it onto their paws and they lick-lick-lick happily:D I have also used peanut butter which they like very much but they will only fall for it two times or so.

catnapper
01-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Awwww CJ you are not liking your pills? Give meowmie a chance and let her give those pills to you - the more you fight the worse it'll be!

CalliesMom
01-13-2005, 08:52 PM
CJ, it will be okay. Once you feel better, you won't have to take any of those yucky medicines...and how about easing up on your meowmie? she's just trying to help you heal!

shais_mom
01-14-2005, 12:07 AM
aawwww poor Meowmie!!!
Keep up the good work CJ but ya gotta love on you're momma she needs you!

krazyaboutkatz
01-14-2005, 12:18 AM
Like everyone else has already said, CJ will begin to like you again after the meds are all gone. He sure is a cutie pie.:)

Vio&Juni
01-14-2005, 11:11 AM
He's so cute having breakfast with Daddy :)

He'll be ok after the pills are gone.

catmandu
01-14-2005, 11:14 AM
I think,that he does accosiate you,with the pills,and he might,be a rare Cat,taht is more attracted,by men,keep,on loving him,as I am surethat he will love you back.My Meezers,took about a year,before they,were totally,at ease,with me!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-14-2005, 01:25 PM
I was all ready to post a happy uppydate this morning! Last night I tried the pills in the pill pocket again - doesn't hurt to try, right? - and he ate them! I even gave him two more without pills so I'd reinforce the "treat" aspect of them. Then I gave him his goopy medicine mixed in with wet food that has "gravy" and he just gobbled it all up! I was ecstatic that I didn't have to fight with him about either med! He even let me pet him a bit, was acting goofy and rolling over, even made some moves that made it seem like he wanted to p-l-a-y with Mz Peanutter, but she wasn't going for it. AND he even came over and laid on my lap for a few minutes!!! I was so happy!

Then....this morning he wouldn't eat the pill pocket....so I had to shove it in again.....got bit on another finger again....and he hates me again....and was hiding under the bed when I left for work. :(

Poor little guy, I feel so bad for him. He is such a good boy and is really a little goof ball.....when he's not crouching in fear of the nasty lady with the medicine that is. :(

ramanth
01-14-2005, 01:56 PM
How odd that he'll take the pill pocket one day and not the other. :(

It'll be okay Debbie.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-14-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
How odd that he'll take the pill pocket one day and not the other. :(

I know. I'm thinking it might have something to do with how many treats Terry fed him before I got to him. Have to have a talk with that boy! (Terry that is) :rolleyes:

Barbara
01-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Not odd. Took the pill pocket, noticed there is pill in and says: no more:D

Freckles
01-14-2005, 03:49 PM
How many more days?:(