PDA

View Full Version : Tonya???

Jods
01-13-2005, 09:06 AM
Are you still around?????

;) ;) ;) ;)

BitsyNaceyDog
01-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Her last post was yesterday at 1 something. I just checked, but now I forget the exact time.

I think her husband is going to call Karen when she has the baby.

Tonya, are you okay? We are thinking about you.

caseysmom
01-13-2005, 11:29 AM
Tonya....can you say PUSH!!!!!

Jods
01-13-2005, 01:29 PM
oh okay... I'm at school mon - wed so I missed that thread I'm gonna go look now... Tonya post if you get a chance!!

Her last post was on the 12, at around noon!

Tonya
01-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Sorry! I am still here! I feel special that you all noticed I was gone. :D My babyshower is Saturday so I've been kind of preoccupied with that. Even thought I'm not the one throwing it everyone seems to call me.

But, I was just telling hubby that those gawd awful back pains are back. Before I'd went into labor I thought I was having back problems and they were spasms. But once they stopped my contractions, I discovered that those back pains WERE contractions. Well, the back pains are back! I have never been so happy to be in pain. hehe. I HOPE this means I'll be in labor soon. I'm trying not to get excited yet though. It's not exactly the ideal time thought with a baby shower in 2 days. But oh well, if it happens it happens!

Samantha Puppy
01-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
Sorry! I am still here! I feel special that you all noticed I was gone. :D My babyshower is Saturday so I've been kind of preoccupied with that. Even thought I'm not the one throwing it everyone seems to call me.
Don't you love it? The same thing happened with my bridal shower. I didn't want to know anything about it except when it was (I hate surprise parties), but I got phone calls and e-mail galore... "What kind of food do you want?" "Do you think these favors are okay?" "Do you want to play any games?" :rolleyes:

Good luck with it... if you even make it to it!

Tonya
01-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
Don't you love it? The same thing happened with my bridal shower. I didn't want to know anything about it except when it was (I hate surprise parties), but I got phone calls and e-mail galore... "What kind of food do you want?" "Do you think these favors are okay?" "Do you want to play any games?" :rolleyes:

Good luck with it... if you even make it to it!

Hehe, I know it sounds horrible and selfish, but I hope I don't make it! :D

buckner
01-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
But, I was just telling hubby that those gawd awful back pains are back. Before I'd went into labor I thought I was having back problems and they were spasms. But once they stopped my contractions, I discovered that those back pains WERE contractions. Well, the back pains are back! I have never been so happy to be in pain. hehe. I HOPE this means I'll be in labor soon. I'm trying not to get excited yet though. It's not exactly the ideal time thought with a baby shower in 2 days. But oh well, if it happens it happens!

You could always do what my parents did if you have the baby early. My brother was 11 days early, so my aunt had planned on having the shower a day after he was actually born. My mom was in the hospital, so my dad got to go to it! He put a basketball in his shirt and walked in as if he was pregnant... oh, it's incredible. We've got pictures and everything. My point is don't stress about the time of the delivery... things'll happen the way they need to!

Karen
01-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Baby showers in my family are often AFTER the kid is born anyway - that way you get to know for sure whether to buy cute pink stuff or cute blue stuff. (A sister--in-law of my friend was told baby 3 was gonna be a boy from the untrasounds. CharLENE wore a lot of blue as a baby, but her big sisters were around to say "She's a GIRL!" to inquiries!

Tonya
01-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Ohhh, those pains are getting worse! They don't feel like actual contractions that I can time yet though. I just went to lunch with my grandmother. I didn't tell her because I don't want to put her in a panic if I'm wrong. She's the one throwing the baby shower. She kept asking me what was wrong and I was trying to act normal. lol. I'm gonna go soak in the bath now.

Jods
01-13-2005, 08:27 PM
a bath might help. Oh I hope your feeling better.:(

Sirrahsim
01-13-2005, 10:45 PM
My midwife said that the best way to hurry things along until your water breaks is lots and lots of erm "hanky-panky":D if you can do so somewhat comfortably. Get those contractions moving!! Tyler, we want to meet you little boy! Dehydration caused me to have some contractions... but I wouldn't recommend that method:rolleyes: :D :D

Tonya
01-13-2005, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Sirrahsim
My midwife said that the best way to hurry things along until your water breaks is lots and lots of erm "hanky-panky":D if you can do so somewhat comfortably. Get those contractions moving!! Tyler, we want to meet you little boy! Dehydration caused me to have some contractions... but I wouldn't recommend that method:rolleyes: :D :D

I think that is what got me into this mess in the first place! I just took a Unisom, I'm going to try and sleep as much as I can. I think I'm to excited to sleep though! They're getting more and more regular! YAY! YAY! YAY! I have never been so happy to be in pain!

Sirrahsim
01-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Lol!! Yay for the pains of labor (last time I'll ever say that?:D ) Go Tonya, Go Tonya, Go Go Go Tonya!:D

catnapper
01-13-2005, 10:52 PM
Yay Tonya!!! I am so excited for you!

Tonya
01-14-2005, 06:57 AM
Ok, now I'm getting mad. It's 5 am. They haven't went away so I can't sleep, but they aren't progressing. Is this false labor, or am I going to be in the first stages of labor for days? :confused:

PJ's Mom
01-14-2005, 10:32 AM
With your second child you shouldn't be in labor for too long. :eek:

Feeling better yet? :)

animal_rescue
01-14-2005, 05:22 PM
anything new???

Tonya
01-14-2005, 07:54 PM
Nothing at all! Dr. says this can go on for 2-3 weeks. I have never heard of such a thing. I guess I was spoiled when I was pregnant with Jaden. Jaden was a week late, but at least I wasn't lead on!

caseysmom
01-14-2005, 08:01 PM
I figured you were having him! Wow that is going to get old real fast...well look on the bright side you get to be will all your relatives tomorrow!

Tonya
01-14-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by caseysmom
I figured you were having him! Wow that is going to get old real fast...well look on the bright side you get to be will all your relatives tomorrow!

Yay. :rolleyes: You've heard stories about my relatives! I'd rather be in the hospital! lol. ;)

Yeah, I packed my son up in the middle of the night and sent him to my stepmoms...on a school night. I can't be doing that every other day! It's scary that I'll be going through this because on one hand, I don't want a dozen false alarms, but on the other hand I don't want to give birth at home. I'd rather not have my hot firefighter neighbors deliver my baby.

Jods
01-14-2005, 08:36 PM
I'd rather not have my hot firefighter neighbors deliver my baby.

:eek: And why not??? Just kidding. keep us updated.:)