PDA

View Full Version : News Media

K & L
01-12-2005, 06:22 PM
The News Channel is meeting us at the park this evening! This situation has turned HUGE. I will let you all know the outcome, if any!

Grace
01-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Way to go, Lisa!!

Can't wait to hear what happens.

Lacey
01-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Wow! Way to go! I wish I lived out your way so I could watch! It's good to see this situation getting so much attention.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Way to go, Lisa!!! Maybe this will even give some good coverage of all you've been doing for the park ferals.

However, not to be a downer, but some of that publicity might not be good because people will think "Oh cool, they take care of cats over there, I think I'll go dump fluffy since she's been peeing." :(

All negativity aside though - WAY TO GO!!! :D :D

K & L
01-12-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Way to go, Lisa!!! Maybe this will even give some good coverage of all you've been doing for the park ferals.

However, not to be a downer, but some of that publicity might not be good because people will think "Oh cool, they take care of cats over there, I think I'll go dump fluffy since she's been peeing." :(

All negativity aside though - WAY TO GO!!! :D :D

We're back!! It's suppose to air at 10:00 p.m. this evening.

That's right Debbie! We made a point to tell them we didn't want publicity on feeding the ferals for that very reason! They are headed for the man's house now to question him. I guess he's giving the Police a VERY hard time and is not too popular.

catnapper
01-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Ooooo how I hope he coems across asa major idiot! The worse he comes across the more people woill hate him. He won;t be able to go anywhere i public witout people making comments to and about him.

Uniqueviking
01-12-2005, 10:44 PM
That is awesome http://www.uniqueviking.com/Woohoo.gif

NoahsMommy
01-12-2005, 11:44 PM
EXCELLENT news!!!

I can't wait to hear about what the news report says. :)

wolflady
01-12-2005, 11:51 PM
That's great! I also can't wait to see what the news reports says :D

kimlovescats
01-13-2005, 12:03 AM
This is AWESOME, Lisa! Way to stand up for your ferals and your beliefs!!!!

(((HUGS))))
Kim:D

catcrazylady
01-13-2005, 05:48 AM
This is so wonderful!!! You never know what may come of this and I'm sure it will be good.
What you have done is wonderful Lisa. I'm very proud to say that you are my cyber friend.:D :D
Keep us posted!!!

K & L
01-13-2005, 06:04 AM
They asked us what was our concern here, to which we replied how we were concerned what would be next, a child, a person walking their pet? They were shooting and up strolls a cat, perfect! They wanted to go with us to feed, but we didn't want any attention brought to that. We just wanted it on the fact there were maulings and it needed to be stopped! It didn't air last night, but the anchor woman was going to confront the owner and get more info. We're thinking she didn't get all the info she needed last night to complete the story. I'll keep you posted.

catmandu
01-13-2005, 08:36 AM
We are praying that the Media,is fair,and that this leads,to some,of these Poor Cats,and Dogs,getting that Furr Ever Home,that all Pets crave!

Karen
01-13-2005, 08:50 AM
We hope that the pressure continues to be brought to bear, not just on him, but on the legal system that allows these repeated offenses.

And if they showed you feeding the ferals - in the future, you could use it as a Spay and Neuter Your Pets!!!/TNR lesson opportunity ...

K & L
01-13-2005, 09:10 AM
Thanks everyone! We didn’t do this for publicity, nor do we want it. We have too many people already dropping their animals at the park thinking they’ll be taken care of! We just want the maulings to stop before more animals are killed, and before a human is hurt or killed. We have grandchildren that play in this park and play in the streets of this neighborhood! We did what it took to make them take action, and fast. Let’s all hope this situation ends peacefully. The dogs go to a good home, and the animals at the park don’t have to fear the dogs. Some people have mentioned to be careful of retaliation, let’s hope it doesn’t come to this.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-13-2005, 09:50 AM
Sorry to hear it didn't air, but like you say, maybe she didn't get everything she wanted from the owner. Hopefully, like Kim says, he'll make a total *ss out of himself which will help further your case.

Retaliation is a scary thought, but he can't be that stupid can he? Because if something happens to a bunch of cats, they will immediately suspect him and he'd be busted so fast! This entire thing is just so sad, and that we even have to think of retaliation makes it that much sadder.

Keep up the good work, Lisa. I'm sure everything will work out in the end and the maulings will stop. :)

moosmom
01-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Good job, Lisa!! I'm so glad the media got involved. There's nothing more than negative publicity to wake people up. As far as retaliation is concerned, if anything suspicious goes wrong, you'll KNOW who to point a finger at.

ramanth
01-13-2005, 10:07 AM
Great job Lisa!

I was nervous when I was interviewed about Kia. :)