PDA

View Full Version : Did she say outside?...

Glacier
01-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Franklin says:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/franky.jpg
What? Did you say I have to go outside? Do you have any idea how cold it is out there today? Are you nuts, lady?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/daddy.jpg
Dad, protect us from the crazy lady. We don't have to pee that bad!

Corinna
01-12-2005, 03:57 PM
I have that going here today too We are getting an artic front the rest of the week the high (daytime) will be 4 farenghte .estamated wind 35mph fridged comes to mind. right now though its 28 at 3pm no wind even my snow monkeys (the newfys ) are saying we just want to sleep mom.

Miranda_Rae
01-12-2005, 04:02 PM
HAHA!!! What a mean mommy you are! :p Heidi doesn't mind going outside, and she doesn't have that much fur. :rolleyes: It gets to -20 below and she still thinks its all peachy outside. Shes the one thats nuts. :p

Glacier
01-12-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
I have that going here today too We are getting an artic front the rest of the week the high (daytime) will be 4 farenghte .estamated wind 35mph fridged comes to mind. right now though its 28 at 3pm no wind even my snow monkeys (the newfys ) are saying we just want to sleep mom.

Oh, that would feel like a heat wave today! Our temp right now (2pm) is -42C (-45F)! I barely made it to work today and if it's like this tomorrow, I'm staying on the couch with Franklin!!!

Queen of Poop
01-12-2005, 04:08 PM
I know when I get home from work and try to send Sasha (border collie cross) out to pee she's going to look at me like I'm out of my mind!! Currently it is a very cold -25oC (-12oF) and the windchill is -37oC (-33oF).

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-12-2005, 04:40 PM
It's warmed up now a bit but it was also -42 here today also. Tango still thought it was warm enough to do her laps around the yard lol. Cute pics, I don't think they plan on going out any time soon:D

captain
01-13-2005, 12:18 AM
WOW I cannot even imagine THAT cold ..........

I am with the dogs ........... I would not have to pee that badly either .....:D

Corinna
01-13-2005, 12:26 AM
I guess I'm just whining becouse I have cabin fever . No car for 2 weeks I went to work with hubby for a couple hours I needed to get OUT for a while. Hard wood flooring is boring to watch after 15 mintues.

vinjashira
01-13-2005, 05:07 AM
how many dogs do you have glacier? do they all sleep inside?

Glacier
01-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
I guess I'm just whining becouse I have cabin fever . No car for 2 weeks I went to work with hubby for a couple hours I needed to get OUT for a while. Hard wood flooring is boring to watch after 15 mintues.

Cabin fever sucks!! I didn't go to work today as it's just not worth the risk driving into town, but I couldn't stay for two straight weeks!!

Glacier
01-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by vinjashira
how many dogs do you have glacier? do they all sleep inside?

I have 21. They don't all sleep in the house. They don't all get along and one of them eats cats! 14 of them slept in the house last night. One was in the arctic entry and a couple were in hubby's heated shop. They do all get house access at different times. I'm not working today so I'm just rotating them through.

They all have insulated dog houses filled with straw. I reached into one yesterday--trying to convince Antare he should come inside.. That dog house was warmer than my bedroom! They are toasty in there. They often sleep two or three in a little house when it's cold. Right now it's still -40C and there are seven of them playing chase outside! Crazy huskies!

cali
01-13-2005, 12:59 PM
its like that here too, last tuesday it was -52*C and today it is -47*C with a windchill warning. last night I went to bed fully dressed with 3 dogs curled up to my and I was still freezing. unfortinalty I have to WALK to school. my dogs know exaclty how your guys feel lol Perky and Ripley need there booties, and Perky needs her winter jacket just so they can step outside for 5 second pee, and run back in as fast as they can.

EssTer
01-13-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by cali
its like that here too, last tuesday it was -52*C and today it is -47*C with a windchill warning. last night I went to bed fully dressed with 3 dogs curled up to my and I was still freezing. unfortinalty I have to WALK to school. my dogs know exaclty how your guys feel lol Perky and Ripley need there booties, and Perky needs her winter jacket just so they can step outside for 5 second pee, and run back in as fast as they can.

OMG!!!!! It´s SOO freezing.. brrr....Even in Iceland we dont have SO cold winters...The lowest temperature that has been this winter is -13C ....

ramanth
01-13-2005, 02:54 PM
Hey Franklin! Have your mom train you to use the litterbox! :D :D

Corinna
01-13-2005, 02:59 PM
That would be one big litterbox.

Buddy Blaze Lover
01-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Aw...love that first pic! It's nice here--66 degrees and NOT normal!:D