PDA

View Full Version : I'm so upset :(

slleipnir
01-12-2005, 02:57 PM
(Just so you know, nothing really serious is wrong with her)

Kiba is my perfect little girl with no health issues...........well, I took her to the vet today for her check up and she was looking at her teeth and her gums are REALLY inflamed. Just really red and sore looking.

She named 3 things it might be. I don't remember the names. She said 2 of those things (if that's what it is) will lead to her having all her back teeth pulled :( I almost started crying. I don't want her to go through pain, EVER! She's my baby and I told her she wouldn't need bad serjery again.

I duno what to do. I don't want her to have no teeth, but I don't want her to be in pain either. Right now she seems like it's not bothering her, but the vet said its only going to get worse, an dif that's wht it is, then she's DEFINITELY going to need them pulled. Soon.

I came home and told dad and just started to cry..I know it's nothing really bad, like her being sick..but I have had 18 teeth pulled and know exactly how it feels. I DON'T want that to happen to her! When I was younger Ineeded all my baby teeth pulled (like 10), and had like no bad teeth for a while. And although they were baby teeth, it was really uncomfortable having just 'gums' till it heeled.

-sigh-

PLEASE let it be something easily curable. I love my baby so much and I don't want her to suffer..:( The vet said she'd need to eat soft food instead of hard then too.

PayItForward
01-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
PLEASE let it be something easily curable. I love my baby so much and I don't want her to suffer..:( The vet said she'd need to eat soft food instead of hard then too.
I hope it is nothing but if she has to have the teeth out she won't be in pain or suffer the vet will give her pain relief drugs.

My George only has two teeth, as we adopted him as an older abandoned cat (he was left in a multi story car park) so we have no idea how or when he lost them. He eats dry food and wet food easily. He even begs for dental chew treats but he just swallows them whole. Having no teeth don't affect our Georgie at all and I bet your Kiba will cope just as easily.

wolfsoul
01-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Gingivitis? Periodontitis?

My grandma's shi tzu, Tia, had periodontitis and had to have eight teeth pulled. You would imagine that after that she would be a horrible wreck and in pain from surgery. But she was the happiest little thing you ever saw! She got her energy back, she wanted to go on walks again and play again; She was just so happy. :) Kiba might be the same way if she has to get her teeth pulled.

I don't mean to worry you, but the reason gingivitis and problems like that are so serious is because they are caused by bacteria. If you let the bacteria build up, it will cause gingivitis, and eventually periodontitis which is when the teeth NEED to be pulled. The bateria builds up so much that it eventually enters the bloodstream and enters the internal organs which can cause death. If Kiba's teeth get worse, it is the best thing you can possibly do to get her teeth pulled. She may be in pain afterwards, but it will only be temporary, and SO much better than what it could be if her teeth were left there. In the mean time, you can brush her teeth and give her real cranberry juice to make her plaque less sticky.

I hope that everything is okay with Kiba and that her teeth don't get any worse! :) She'll be in my prayers!

slleipnir
01-12-2005, 03:19 PM
The thing is, she's only 1 year old. She doesn't have a lot of build up on her teeth either.

She's going in to have her teeth cleaned an dhave a better look at them to see what's going on next week.

I hope she'll be ok..

Barbara
01-12-2005, 03:23 PM
PM Noah's mommy. It looks as if her Micah has the same problem. Ther is a thread somewhere about it!
I hope Kiba will be ok:

moosmom
01-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Hopefully once they clean her teeth, that'll get rid of the inflammation and she won't need to have any teeth pulled. That IS a little odd that a cat THAT young would have such a bad infection. Is her breath bad? Does she have trouble eating dry food?

NoahsMommy
01-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Poor Kiba!! Poor you!! :(

Micah has stomatitis...and possibly something that makes his body attack and reject his teeth. My vet said that cats usually get this when they are really young....kitten age is VERY typical.

I know you are worried and sad for your girl, I feel the same way for my Micah, but I've been reassured that they will be MUCH better off without their teeth. They are most likely in pain and any inflammation is very bad in the body.

My vet says Micah can keep eating crunchy food, but I'll be giving him mostly soft.

Give your Kiba kisses from Micah and I. :)

Hugs,
Kelly

slleipnir
01-12-2005, 08:53 PM
She does have bad breath..

I think the vet mentioned something about feline leukemia or something? I heard something about them getting it as kittens or something. What exactly is it/. She said they'd do a blood test for it too to be sure because the person I got her from didn't take the best care of her cats. I don't think she ever got them vacc. Is it like people leukemia?? I just hope she'll be ok. I just want her never to be in pain EVER. I love her SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo much. I believe I actually have allergies to cats. I feel sick like everyday with allergies. My dad asked what I'd do, an dI said what do you mean? And I guess he ment like giving her up.
I'd rather be sick everyday then give her up. It's not an option for me.

:( I wish I could go in to her surgery if she needs it and hold her little paw :o heh I'm sooo weird..

Kristl
01-12-2005, 10:36 PM
i have had cats my entire life even before i was born. i have NEVER been without one. i don't know much about dental issues, but what i would do is what is best for the cat...choose the least painful route...she'll thank you in the end!

slleipnir
01-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Trust me, I will do what ever will result in Kiba in less pain. It still hurts me if she needs to first go through a lot first..:(

shais_mom
01-12-2005, 11:43 PM
I don't have any advice to off Audrey - but will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

catmandu
01-13-2005, 08:56 AM
My John Hancock,has the same thing happen,and now,that he has only two teeth left,and the Vet said,that if it had been treated sooner,he would not have lost,that many.He eats well,and is happy,and I hope,that Kiba,will be all right.John Hancock,will pray,for her.