PDA

View Full Version : Edit Title

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-12-2005, 01:39 PM
How do you edit the title of a thread? I went in to edit and changed the "subject" field. That changed it in my post, but the original title was still there.

:confused:

slick
01-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Open up the thread to your first post....
Click Edit
Then change the subject line
click Save changes or whatever it says on the bottom

That should do it, if not, I turn this over to Karen or Paul.
:confused:

RedHedd
01-12-2005, 03:17 PM
I've tried in the past, but it seems that once you type it, it's a done deal, unless you can alert Karen or Paul to change it for you.

ramanth
01-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Yep.. it's a done deal, not even Karen or Paul can change it. I asked about a past thread of mine.

popcornbird
01-12-2005, 03:21 PM
I've changed my thread title before, and it worked, but it seems that you have to do it immediately after posting. If you wait and do it later, the title will change on the thread but not on the board. That's what I know from my own experience. :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-12-2005, 04:34 PM
Thanks everybody, that's what I thought - oh well....

catland
01-12-2005, 04:39 PM
That's wierd, becuase I was able to change the name of the title (the reason for the "test test" thread in the Doghouse). maybe there's some setting that I have clicked on that you don't have clicked on.

catland
01-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by catland
That's wierd, becuase I was able to change the name of the title (the reason for the "test test" thread in the Doghouse). maybe there's some setting that I have clicked on that you don't have clicked on.

adendum - now it appears that I have lost the ability to modify that test thread. go figure.;)