PDA

View Full Version : Tori may have urinary tract infection...

RobiLee
01-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Tori has had a couple of incidents where she has peed in her sleep. My son also said that one day he was outside with her and he noticed that she was doing alot of squatting but he didn't think she was doing anything. So, off to the vet we went yesterday. He said that by the sounds of it he thinks it may be a urinary tract infection. He is going to treat it as such and she had a shot and has to take antibiotics for awhile. If this doesn't work then we will go from there and do some testing. I hope that the infecton is what it is and that the pills work.

Has anyone ever had this problem before? Have you ever had a dog that peed while it was asleep?

My poor girl. :( I hope she has no more incidents and all is well. Say a little prayer for her please.

Thanks....Robin

mruffruff
01-12-2005, 12:14 PM
The only time any of my dogs (or fosters) peed in their sleep was when Bear developed diabetes and I didn't know it. Once I got him on insulin, no more 'accidents'.

Mary

Glacier
01-12-2005, 01:27 PM
Yup, several times. Those are classic urinary tract infection symptoms. Easy to diagnos, easy treat with 10 days of anti-biotics.

The peeing in her sleep could be due to an infection. Spay incontience is another possiblity, but she's very young for that. Usually it affects older spayed females. It's also fairly easy to treat with a hormone pill every day or every few days.

wolfsoul
01-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Parsley REALLY helps UTI. :) I give my pets parsley as a preventative. I blend the fresh parsley with olive oil. Sometimes I'll add some fish too. Real cranberry juice is good too, but try the parsley! :)

RobiLee
01-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Glacier
Yup, several times. Those are classic urinary tract infection symptoms. Easy to diagnos, easy treat with 10 days of anti-biotics.

The peeing in her sleep could be due to an infection. Spay incontience is another possiblity, but she's very young for that. Usually it affects older spayed females. It's also fairly easy to treat with a hormone pill every day or every few days.

Thats just what the doc said, Glacier. I'm hoping for the infection and that it goes away quick.

Thanks Mary and Glacier for replying.

Robin :)

anna_66
01-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Robin I hope that's all it is and little Tori girl is back to herself in no time:D

wolf_Q
01-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Poor Tori, that can't feel good! :( I hope she will be feeling better soon!

captain
01-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Oh dear .... poor baby.

Get better soon sweetheart .....

shais_mom
01-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Get better asap Tori!

KYS
01-13-2005, 09:32 AM
Sheba and Rocky are sending Tori many good thoughts
to get 100% well.

RobiLee
01-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Thanks everyone!

Tori seems to be doing fine. I haven't noticed any problems and there has been no more accidents in her sleep. She still has to finish out her pills and hopefully we won't have any more problems with it. She is being a good girl and takes her pill with no problems.

Robin :)