PDA

View Full Version : Ohhh, this SUCKS, lol

Uniqueviking
01-12-2005, 06:22 AM
The Petmate Fresh-Flow Large Deluxe water fountain I ordered all the way from CA arrived today.

Yahhhhh...

NOT!

Can't even set it up and show it to the babies, because I need a very special adaptor for it (You guys have 110 volts/60 Hz and we have 220 volts/50Hz)...and it's not just any adaptor I can get at any store - Noooo, it of course has to be one that converts from ac to ac and not ac to dc = the babies won't get to enjoy their new fountain til some time next week when the adaptor arrives.

http://www.uniqueviking.com/pout.gif

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-12-2005, 06:42 AM
BOO!

Don't you hate it when something like that happens... :eek:

catmandu
01-12-2005, 08:39 AM
Thats a shame,as that converter,might ,be as expensive,as the Fountain.I got one,.last year,and after a slow start,the Found Cats all really love,to drink,the always cold,fresh water.

K & L
01-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Now that's got to be frustrating!!! Let us know how they like it once you get it set up! I've been wanting to purchase one of these, but just haven't yet.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-12-2005, 09:59 AM
I hate it when that happens! I don't know why we can't all use the same power.

It's just so frustrating! One time when we went to Germany with a group of Terry's customers, one lady didn't get an adapter before she left the USA. We could NOT find one anywhere in Lorrach! They had all sorts of adapters, but not the right ones....which I guess makes sense because what would they care about adapters for American appliances? Anyway, she ended up buying a cheap curling iron with the right plug on the end that she will probably never use again.

Tenna, I sure hope your adapter comes quickly so the kitties can have all the fresh water they want! :D

jazzcat
01-12-2005, 10:11 AM
That does suck!

I got that same fountain for my gang for Christmas. I just got around to setting it up last week and everyone but Riplely likes it. He still prefers it to be absolutely fresh flowing, from the bathroom sink.:rolleyes:

I love how R&R and Scout will drink from the top of the fountain right where the water begins to run out. They all stand in line to do that, it's so funny.

My only complaint is that they get food and stuff in the bowl and it's a pain to clean daily. I wish I had a better place to put it but it's in the big window in the kitchen where I keep their food bowls. I have to keep their stuff up higher so Disney won't eat and drink it all.

Uniqueviking
01-14-2005, 09:17 PM
They adaptor arrived yesterday already (put pooh, that little thing cost $61) and I of course plugged in the fountain immediately.

They all came to check it out right away, but didn't really know what to think of it.

Brynja loves water so she immediately smacked a paw into the water and started splashing water everywhere, lol.

They've now all found out it's THEIR fountain and they love it :) They keep going back to it...just to look at the water coming out and being circulated. Seem to love the movement of the water.

I love how R&R and Scout will drink from the top of the fountain right where the water begins to run out.

LOL, that's what Bownie does too.

catcrazylady
01-14-2005, 09:24 PM
It is really rotten that it cost you so much to get the fountain up and running but I'm sure the kitties would say they are worth every penney!;) :D
My kitties love to drink from the top of the slope too. That seems to be the favorite spot of all!:D

Uniqueviking
01-14-2005, 09:33 PM
...and I of course think they're worth every penny, too - I love buying new stuff for the babies and now that I've found a cool pet store in both the US and the UK, I've ordered soooo much stuff the past month for them...just ask Kirsten, lol (she's had to listen to me, haha) :D

You can get soooo much more cute, interesting and cool cat stuff in the US and the UK and even including shipping (and VAT in the EU) it's STILL cheaper then if I'd buy something like that here.

Something like refills for the Litter Locker, I can get for UNDER HALF the price, of what I'd have to pay here, in the UK.

Shady
01-14-2005, 10:36 PM
If I could just give you one small bit of advice.

I bought one of those back in the summer, put it down and thought we were good to go. I have four persians, for all intents and purposes it seemed as if they were all drinking from it fine, so stupidly paid no more attention to that.

It seems my Tinkerbelle decided she liked the look of it and it was fun to play in, but not to drink out of, all she was doing was licking the water off of her paws. Then, from not drinking enough water (her vet suspects) she got a horrible and lengthy UTI.

She's fine now, but I did away with the fountain..and we're back to bowls.

Just something to consider and watch. This ones a very fussy girl and sometimes (most of the time) doesnt like changes.