PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Zipper is hiding up in the roof and he won't come out!

The Cat Factory
01-12-2005, 12:27 AM
Help!! Zipper was neutered last Thursday, and he has been hiding in the roof since. He came out once on Saturday for a drink of water, but that's it. I put some food up there for him to try and get him out, but he won't come. I need some suggestions to help get him out of the roof!

Ally Cat's Mommy
01-12-2005, 04:01 AM
Poor Zipper :(

One of my rescues crawled inside the pedestal of my bidet once (I THOUGHT at the time that the bathroom would be the best place to keep them:rolleyes: )

I had to remove all the other cats, then set a humane trap with REALLY stinky food, and re-trap the kitty!!

Any chance you could get hold of a humane trap? Most rescue orgs and shelters will have one you can borrow, althouth they may require a deposit.

If poor Zipper hasn't eaten for a while this may be the easiest way. (Try smelly tinned food, or some Tuna) As soon as he is in the trap, cover with a towel or blanket whilst you move him to a safer place (indoors???) - the darkness calms them down!

Good luck!

slick
01-12-2005, 07:15 AM
:eek: :eek: In the roof??? How on earth did he manage to crawl up there...but then he's a cat....they go where they want to. Poor guy. Do mean attic? I don't have any real suggestions but I'm going to PM you my phone numbers. I only live across the bridge from you in New West and maybe I can help.

slick
xo

catmandu
01-12-2005, 08:31 AM
I would try,to coax him down,maybe,wit Tuna,or Deli Turkey,and dont worry,sooner,or later he will come down,and be your Friend Again.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-12-2005, 09:40 AM
I would go with the really stinky food - like tuna or sardines or something. If he hasn't eaten he has to be hungry! Hopefully he'll come out soon, poor boy. :(

The Cat Factory
01-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Yay! Zipper came down! I went down to look for him and I saw him drinking some water. I am at my sisters right now, my internet is not working.

I have Zip locked in the crate right now, until I can close the roof off. He was in the basment and he got in the roof down there. He had a litltle bit to drink since he got down and has not ate.

He seems Ok, but if he does not start eating pretty soon he will have to go into the vet. I will try and update you as soon as I can:)

Barbara
01-13-2005, 02:58 AM
Hooray for Zipper:) I'm glad he came out all by himself.