PDA

View Full Version : I met a great dane

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-11-2005, 05:51 PM
I was out running and normally I look low towards the ground (it seems to make it easier) and I looked up to see the biggest dog ever.. It scared me cause I have never seen a dog so big .. but I guess cause I have never met a dog so big.

I have never met a great dane before..:D HE WAS HUUUGE..
His name is sarge.. and he was solid black and BEAUTIFUL.. His mommy was outside with him and she had another smiley face pup.. that she said was a lab mix and there was this black and white dog that kept jumping on me that was as big as the lab... but was a great dane PUPPY.. he was sooooo big for a puppy..

It thrilled me to meet such a HUGE and GENTLE dog!!! It was fun!!:D

DogLover9501
01-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Lucky you ;)

Aren't Danes beautiful?

It seems like, the bigger the dog, the more gentle they are ;) :D

lute
01-11-2005, 06:08 PM
you are sooo lucky! danes are awsome and oh so beautiful!:D :D :D

manda_moo87
01-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Aw, I love Danes.

We used to have a family down the road with a beautiful big harlequin dane named Lincon, but they've since moved. He was a handsome sweet guy.

anna_66
01-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Sara aren't they just awesome dogs?!

We have a new one at class (in conformation I think) and he is about the most awesome looking dane I've ever seen (and he's HUGE!).

Karen
01-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Awwww! Aren't they sweet? My Gracie was 3/4 Great Dane, (1/4 Lab) and was sweet as could be. She lived to be 14 1/2, unheard of for a Dane, which her doctor attributed to "the wee lassie is just spoiled rotten!" :) Fun that you met a Dane today, when the Dog of the Day is a big Great Dane!

cloverfdx
01-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Aww lucky you :). They are great dogs, my Clover used to have one in her Obedience class and it was the funniest sight seeing them wrestle together.

bckrazy
01-11-2005, 10:01 PM
I love Danes too! there's a harlequin Dane named Farley who always comes to the dog park, when he was 6 months old he was the biggest dog there :p.. but, Gonzo thinks he's crazy and never plays with him :rolleyes:

some people down the street also have two Boston's, theyre so sweet, and also enormous. their mommy drives around with them in the back on their convertible.. it is SO funny to see!

Has anyone seen the DOTD? he's a gorgeous dane boy!

Miranda_Rae
01-14-2005, 09:58 AM
Aww...danes are gorgeous. I love them. There was a brindle one in obedience class once, and it was 6th month old puppy, and it was SOOO cute. I love brindle doggies. :)

Jods
01-14-2005, 10:20 AM
I love danes to hehehehe

petslover
01-14-2005, 12:51 PM
aww. We don't have alot of Great Danes around here. Just one every one in awhile. They are pretty dogs though.