PDA

View Full Version : Can I just start a rant thread?!

Tonya
01-11-2005, 04:08 PM
I KNOW I am grumpy. But if I don't rant to someone, I'm going to flip out. Everyone is driving me crazy! You don't have to read this but me typing it will save someone's life. ;)

Rant #1:
My MIL called me and said "I went to shop for your baby shower but the registry must be wrong. The colors were hideous and I KNOW you wouldn't pick those things out. So I didn't buy you anything."

"Ummmm actually, I DID pick those colors out. That is my registry." :rolleyes:

Rant #2:
My MIL had said she was going to help my grandmother with the baby shower. She hasn't even called to RSVP let alone offer help. Her excuse? "I haven't had time to call her."

"Well, you leave 5 #@$*& messages a day on my phone. Why don't you cut back to just calling us 3 times a day and you'll have time to call my grandmother."

Rant #3:
If another person calls and says "Why so early?! Whaaah!" I'm going to snap. Has anyone heard of a brunch baby shower? Is 10:30am really that early?!

I have to go yell at my husband because it is 2:10pm and he is covered in paint. (Painting his motorcycle.) He is Jaden's show and tell person at 2:20.

I'll be back to rant more, I promise. :mad:

caseysmom
01-11-2005, 04:11 PM
I know this is all hard on you Tonya but I get a lot of laughs so THANK YOU!!!

luvofallhorses
01-11-2005, 04:28 PM
{{{Tonya}}} and in my opinion 10:30 is a perfect time for a baby brunch shower :)

cookieluver7
01-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Feel free to rant all ya want!!! I know, typing down problems and annoying things really makes me feel better too. ;)

lbaker
01-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Aren't you supposed to be IN BED totally, relaxing, unstressed and staying calm and quiet? Did I miss something here? Are you wearing your maternity WonderWoman suit these days :confused:

RICHARD
01-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
Rant #2:
My MIL had said she was going to help my grandmother with the baby shower. She hasn't even called to RSVP let alone offer help. Her excuse? "I haven't had time to call her."

"Well, you leave 5 #@$*& messages a day on my phone. Why don't you cut back to just calling us 3 times a day and you'll have time to call my grandmother."

And who gets the extra phone call????

:confused:

My Peanuts
01-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Tonya, I'm sure all of your family are great people, but it seems like they like to push their opinions on you too much. Whether it's how you take care of your pregnancy (bed rest and what not) or the colors you choose for your babies nursery. I know a lot of families do this. Just tell them to back off and then blame your attitude on hormones ;). That should work :)

Tonya
01-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Aren't you supposed to be IN BED totally, relaxing, unstressed and staying calm and quiet? Did I miss something here? Are you wearing your maternity WonderWoman suit these days :confused:

The doctor took me off of bedrest and the meds yesterday.

Off of bed rest thread (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68430&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

lbaker
01-11-2005, 06:30 PM
And so now your family feels you're ALLOWED to be stressed, having to make excuses for your wants and decisions, once again answering to everyone else's wishes and inane opinions :confused: A BIG BS TO THAT You are you, you are what you are, and that's good enough for the rest of us. Thank goodness for what you are Tonya from Modesto. Fuhget about it.. take care of yourself and your wee one.

Tonya
01-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
And so now your family feels you're ALLOWED to be stressed, having to make excuses for your wants and decisions, once again answering to everyone else's wishes and inane opinions :confused: A BIG BS TO THAT You are you, you are what you are, and that's good enough for the rest of us. Thank goodness for what you are Tonya from Modesto. Fuhget about it.. take care of yourself and your wee one.

I know, sometimes hubby and I talk about just moving away. I normally don't have as much contact with everyone...especially my family. But being pregnant and all, they all think they need to call me. Once the excitement dies down I'll be able to go back to my talking to them once a month or two. :D You know what's sad? Whenever I am estranged from my mom or my dad and stepmom (which is quite often), I feel like a ton of weights are off of my shoulders. I feel so stressfree and happy. Then they'll call me or my son will beg to see them and I'll be guilted into making up with them.