PDA

View Full Version : I feel so alone...

Tina
01-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Maybe I should not feel this way. But I just feel like no one likes me.:( I know I do have a few friends but we don't talk very much. I don't know if it is my depression making me feel this way or not.

I have been here for almost 3 years and feel like I have not made any close friends. I do know I have people care about me but I'd like have someone talk to everyday or least everyday. I am just so lonely.

I know I have my husband and kids. Sometimes I just need talk to someone else.

I just hate to bring this up I really do. I just feel so alone right now.:(

ramanth
01-11-2005, 03:35 PM
I get sad now and then too. Don't feel bad! *hugs*

luvofallhorses
01-11-2005, 03:38 PM
aww Tina {{{hugs}}}} you can always pm me or IM me on msn messenger if you need to talk :D

Krista

Jadapit
01-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Tina,
I know how you feel I dont have a lot of friends either. It's a long, long story of what all happened in my life. I can totally relate. I love my husband and my kids BUT it's always nice to have other women to talk to. You feel free to email me or pm me anytime ok!:)

Karen
01-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Tina, dear, you should know we love you, PM me any time.

BitsyNaceyDog
01-11-2005, 03:46 PM
I just PMed you. :)

K9soul
01-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Winter can be one of the hardest times, the lack of light and warmth (depending on where you are) can truly affect some people. I know I often tend to get the blahs or feel down more often in the thick of winter, usually January/February are the worst. Some people actually go for phototherapy when they suffer from winter depressions.

You've had a lot happen as well, but I think a big thing is you will often feel you aren't liked or accepted as long as you feel dislike or unacceptance towards yourself. I think the more you learn to accept and like yourself, the less you will feel those feelings of being alone and unliked. It has a nice beneficial side effect of making you feel more confident and confidence tends to draw people too. There is no exact way of doing this, I think everyone has different things that help them in this way. I hope you are able to find some answers but I think they will have to come from within you in order to give you a more lasting feeling of peace.

karyn674
01-11-2005, 03:58 PM
I think the more you learn to accept and like yourself, the less you will feel those feelings of being alone and unliked. It has a nice beneficial side effect of making you feel more confident and confidence tends to draw people too. There is no exact way of doing this, I think everyone has different things that help them in this way. I hope you are able to find some answers but I think they will have to come from within you in order to give you a more lasting feeling of peace.

I fully agree with you K9soul, this happens to me as well. When I feel alone or withdrawn I'll be emmiting negative vibes and the people around me shut me out authomatically. I find that lisitng on a piece of paper positive things about me on a daily basis makes me feel better about me and people just cling to me. It is hard when you're down but you have to try han.

Take care xxxx

Logan
01-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Tina, when you start feeling like this, REACH OUT to us!!!! We're right here and I can't speak for everyone, but as soon as I see an email or PM from you or anyone, I try to respond right away! Sometimes we just need a little nudge.

Chin up, my friend. We're all here and we are ALL your friends!!!! :D

anna_66
01-11-2005, 04:08 PM
I agree, you have had alot of stuff going on in your life here lately and not all of it good. But anytime you feel like this feel free to email or pm me Tina:D

Good Vibes and Thoughts coming your way
Lots and lots of hugshttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/Smileys/19.gif
Anna

cookieluver7
01-11-2005, 04:13 PM
If you need somebody to talk to just pm me! :D Sorry you are feeling this way. :(

Tina
01-11-2005, 04:13 PM
My gosh I feel so stupid right now.:o :( You all are being so nice to me and I act like no one cares. I need to get out of this. I do know people care here and you have showed me that. I don't know what is wrong with me.:( I hate feeling this way... I feel like crying right now.

I will visting a therapist in a few weeks so hopefully they will help me out. But I know talking to more people would really help me out to.

I'm sorry if I sound ungrateful... I am very grateful I have people talk to here. I am just down for some reason today.:(

I am so sorry if I am bringing anyone down! I don't want do that!

Logan
01-11-2005, 04:16 PM
You're not bringing us down! We're proud of you (at least I am) for reaching out and doing the therapy, Tina. I think it will help you immensely. Lord knows you have had some bad things coming your way, lately! But I'm glad you realize that we do care about you and are here for you, always!!! My best friends in the world were all met right here on this group!!!

Hang in there!!!

Logan

Jods
01-11-2005, 04:16 PM
was this posted today??? :confused:

Tina
01-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Jods
was this posted today??? :confused:

Yeah...it was posted today...:o :(

Karen
01-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Tina

I am so sorry if I am bringing anyone down! I don't want do that!

Hee hee - silliness alert - if you bring us down enough, we'll be low enough to skritch Reggie's tummy! Do we know if she's part dachshund or Bassett? Somebody stole mosta her legs!

Tina
01-11-2005, 04:34 PM
LOL! Karen you really know how to cheer a person up!

I was told Reggie's mother was part dachshund, so I believe she has alot of dachshund in her.

Tina
01-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Logan
You're not bringing us down! We're proud of you (at least I am) for reaching out and doing the therapy, Tina. I think it will help you immensely. Lord knows you have had some bad things coming your way, lately! But I'm glad you realize that we do care about you and are here for you, always!!! My best friends in the world were all met right here on this group!!!

Hang in there!!!

Logan

Logan you have been nothing but a great friend!! I am so glad there are wonderful people like you in this world!!

My husband said he was proud of me going to the doctor last week.:)

I just hope things get better here!

Jods
01-11-2005, 04:58 PM
Okay sorry I got confused. I would be down to if everything that happened to you happened to me you've been through a lot!! Gie your dogs a hug and your kids for me and cheer up soon or at least get the help you need.

K9soul
01-11-2005, 06:01 PM
Tina, try not to be so hard on yourself. I notice your first reaction is to blame yourself for things and feel bad. Don't be afraid to reach out and ask for support, don't feel guilty about saying how you feel. I know it's hard, it becomes a habit to blame yourself for everything, you just have to push that tendency away as much as you can. I'm a semi-reformed self-blamer and I know how suffocating it can feel at times. Hang in there :)