PDA

View Full Version : HELP! anyone here know Latin?

cali
01-11-2005, 12:59 PM
ok, for my english essay I have 2 paragraphs so far but my 3rd I am having a little trouble with the support Willam uses in my book, because most of his arguments are written in Latin, however I dont know any Latin at all, and I cant for teh life of me find free translation from latin to english lol so if anyone knows any latin and can help translate this it would be VERY helpful! thanks :)

stultus in risu exaltat vocem suam

Scurrilitates vero vel verba otiosa et risum moventia aeterna clausura in omnibus locis damnamus, et ad talia eloquia discipulum aperire os non permittimus.

Admittenda tibi ioca sunt post seria quaedam sed tamen et dignis ispa gerenda modis.

I am not sure if it is all Latin or not to be honest I am just assuming these ones are as most of the stuff William quotes is Latin.

wolfsoul
01-11-2005, 01:13 PM
I'm translating it on a latin translator site right now.

Some of the words have no meaning, so I have no clue lol.

cali
01-11-2005, 01:18 PM
lol ok that is definatly helpful lol if some of the words have no meaning then the quotes wont be very useful lol and that means I can now start working on my essay again, and try to find more quotes that are preferably in English lol

cali
01-11-2005, 01:21 PM
and a break through lol O posted this on another board as well, someone was able to translate the first quote :D

cali
01-11-2005, 01:54 PM
ok I have got then all roughly translated now, I could only find one word that was not found with the words strung together in the 3rd one is says "admit you joke be after serious certain but yet worthy _______ manage rule." not exacly sure what that is supoosed to mean lol but I will figer it out somehow :p

emily_the_spoiled
01-11-2005, 01:56 PM
You can always go ask the local Catholic priest. They have to learn Latin during their training.